Are We There Yet?
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to Parneli

Re: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot IV 2012 round II

While all of you suffered in 100+ heat here this last week with all your nice humidity I played nicely in the 100+ dry heat of Las Vegas.
My wife and I were very glad to not be here for that shit.
--
In need of a Vegas vacation.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
reply to Parneli
I can see and hear thunder storms off to the south. Looks like it's gonna miss us though. Could sure use some rain. Finally turned off the air and opened up the house last night though.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Parneli
I spent Wednesday and Saturday scraping and sanding paint off the side of my house. Brutal, but stuff's gotta get done, 100 degrees or not. It was refreshing to put everything away last night at 77 degrees instead of 95. More work to do today, but it'll be a lot more tolerable.
--
If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1
said by insomniac:

I spent Wednesday and Saturday scraping and sanding paint off the side of my house. Brutal, but stuff's gotta get done, 100 degrees or not. It was refreshing to put everything away last night at 77 degrees instead of 95. More work to do today, but it'll be a lot more tolerable.

I have to do that AGAIN! to my south facing windows. What a PITA.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to Parneli
ugh. My house desperately needs painting. Starting to look like an abandon foreclosure. Can't do anything until I get this stupid cast off my hand though.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
Click for full size
I'm a little embarassed to leave mine looking the way it does right now in the middle of scraping and sanding, but it's a slow process and I'm not painting a thing until all the prep is done.
--

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
Do one panel a weekend

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
My father seriously suggested painting one side a year. I don't think he realized that it's a small house and that we're going to paint it a different color (green). Once all the prep is done, we can easily get it painted in a day.
--

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
My house is brick on the bottom half which will mean a lot of taping, drop cloths etc. The more I think about the more I think about just letting it go this year and setting aside money over the winter to just hire someone.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to Parneli
WTF?
I don't remember the forecast including the end of the world. Where the hell did this come from? Thunder and lightning is crazy.

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Parneli
Again blowing by south and east of me here in Schaumburg.
--

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
Well apparently I was in the middle of it. Crazy rain, lightning and thunder. Figures since I just watered my garden a few hours ago.

jmdomini
Premium
join:2000-05-04
Sycamore, IL
Spending the afternoon/evening at the Montreal airport due to the wonderful weather there in Chicago. Not to mention that everything goes to hell at O'Hare if someone so much spits on a runway.

Hopefully things clear up. It would really stink if my flight was canceled and I had to deal with immigration again tomorrow.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to Parneli
Again everyone up Northeast gets all the fun. We don't get squat down here.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
Maybe there may be some more broad coverage this morning. A big batch is in north-central Illinois, moving ENE.

chmod
Premium
join:2000-12-12
Lockport, IL
reply to Parneli
My lawn is horrific. I haven't mowed in what has to be going on two months. The only thing growing is some weeds against the garage and house foundation and spotted throughout the yard here and there. I take the gas trimmer out once a week and wack them down. Truly an ugly sight.
--
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to andyross
said by andyross:

Maybe there may be some more broad coverage this morning. A big batch is in north-central Illinois, moving ENE.

Rats. As typical, it evaporated before it got here...

Chinabound
Premium
join:2002-12-21
Antioch, IL
kudos:3
reply to chmod
said by chmod:

My lawn is horrific. I haven't mowed in what has to be going on two months. The only thing growing is some weeds...

Same here, but the garden is doing well. I've been keeping that watered, and even shaded somewhat with pop-up canopies I move around. Some of my trees are really stressed, though.
We finally had some much needed rain up here after three weeks without a drop, and even that only amounted to .10 inch. Yesterday's afternoon storm was the first decent rain up here in almost 6 weeks. I haven't mowed for four.

Some of the farms up here are about to mow their fields and cut their losses for this season.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
Ditto, I've given up on the lawn. Ill prob do one feeding for the fall, but I also have a garden which I water daily. BUT the cucumbers are growing slowly. The zucchinis and tomatoes and herbs are loving this weather.

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to andyross
said by andyross:

said by andyross:

I watched it develop just west of here and go right around us again.
--

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
Well you should get used to this if you want to move to vegas.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to VegasMan
said by VegasMan:

said by andyross:

said by andyross:

I watched it develop just west of here and go right around us again.

It's like we have the cooties.

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to Jon
said by Jon:

Well you should get used to this if you want to move to vegas.

It rained while I was out there last week. More than I've seen here in over a month.
--

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Warzau
said by Warzau:

It's like we have the cooties.

It's one of those 'drought breeds drought' issues. We are so dry that it's hard for rain to actually make it to the ground.

I was in Hanover Park (Walmart on Barrington Rd) and there was a good downpour for awhile. By the time I got up to Golf, it was dry.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12
reply to Parneli
Worked out OK for the grass this past weekend. Fishing is still sucky though. Creeks are all dried up to a trickle. Took the son fishing and we were able to just WALK into Poplar Creek.
--
CableTechs.org/"Horrible People with Integrity"

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to Parneli
No bad weather and I still lose fucking power. Went out at 9:37pm last night and came back on at 1pm today.
It was't out 100% one of the phases blew out and we were running at 92v but not enough to kick on fluorescent lights and the AC. One hell of a boom when it went.
--

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
reply to Parneli
Click for full size
I'll be hibernating in the house today.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to Parneli
Everything is dying. Even my Hostas which would probably survive a nuclear war. I don't mind the heat but can we get some fucking rain already? Even the farmers have given up and are mowing down their fields. Hope they had insurance.

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
My day lilies are starting to look a little weathered. Those can take punishment also.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
Same here, they are saying "WTF?!" The tomatoes though growing strong are barely baring any fruit. I do see the bees pollinating them so I can only assume it's the weather.