share rss forum feed

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY
reply to KeepOnRockin

Re: [NBA] The Official NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread 2012

How is he getting a pass??? If it weren't for him the HEat would be out of the Playoffs!! People are ridiculous.
--
Any it new they in one. You here for mine you here.
-JV

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
said by Silvanos:

How is he getting a pass??? If it weren't for him the HEat would be out of the Playoffs!! People are ridiculous.

This is what his 9th year? People keep hailing him as the King. He has to win something first? People are now saying it's ok if he doesn't win this year Bosh is hurt, Wade is playing bad. Should we feel bad for Lebron? No. No more excuses get it done Lebron if you keep calling yourself the KING. No doubt he's putting up crazy numbers and playing some great ball, but he CANNOT close a game.

e_dub
franknbeans
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-12
kickin ass
kudos:2
Toughness of the Heat missing tonight. I can see the Celtics closing them out on Thurs.

Silvanos
Premium
Tonawanda, NY
Nah, both series are going 7.

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Beaverton, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to KeepOnRockin
I hope both series' go to 7. Both the Spurs and the Heat will have to win on the road to push it to seven.

As Greg Popovich said after Game 5, "Championship-Caliber teams win on the road".

If neither of these these teams on the brink win in the next couple of days, we may very well see OKC vs Boston for the finals.

Definitely not as exciting as a Spurs/Heat matchup.

e_dub
franknbeans
Premium,VIP
kickin ass
OKC will end it tonight. Spurs has shown nothing to stop OKC's main trio.(trio includes Harden) Plus OKC's bench has stepped up huge.

Mia vs Bos, may go 7. I see Lebron taking over and putting up huge numbers in game 6.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
He finally scored in the last minute of a game. Do you not understand Lebron just drive to the hole you're so freakin' freakish?

hardflip
Mindfield
Premium
join:2002-02-28
Andover, MA
That basket was basically conceded to him by KG. With 20 seconds left in the game Boston had a 4 point lead and they just didn't want to foul him to let him get 3 points.
--
Amateurs study tactics. Professionals study logistics.

Silvanos
Premium
Tonawanda, NY
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

He finally scored in the last minute of a game. Do you not understand Lebron just drive to the hole you're so freakin' freakish?

When he's triple teamed it's not smart basketball to drive to the basket (hate the term 'hole') it's smart basketball to pass it to someone with a wide open look!!

I'm sick of all this closer BS talk, who cares who takes the last shot as long as they are open!! They are all pros and should be capable of making an open basket.
--
Any it new they in one. You here for mine you here.
-JV

e_dub
franknbeans
Premium,VIP
kickin ass
OKC takes the Spurs in 6........
Spurs were on a 20 game winning streak and now they lose 4 straight to be knocked out the finals.
I don't see any of the eastern teams beating OKC in the finals.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
What a choke by the Spurs in this game... They were up as much as 20 points I think...

Choked in this game, choked in the series....

hardflip
Mindfield
Premium
join:2002-02-28
Andover, MA
reply to e_dub
said by e_dub:

With the way OKC has looked and with their youth, I don't see anyone beating them in the Finals for the next few years.
--
Amateurs study tactics. Professionals study logistics.

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium
Beaverton, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by hardflip:

said by e_dub:

With the way OKC has looked and with their youth, I don't see anyone beating them in the Finals for the next few years.

I would have to agree. I am rooting for OKC to win it all this year.

I also don't believe Miami or Boston has a chance. I predict OKC in 6 for the championship (vs Miami or Boston).

If OKC plays Boston, Perkins will face off vs his former team.

Retired6
Premium
join:2002-11-09
Earth
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to e_dub
said by e_dub:

As long as LeBron still has that "zero championship" status....i'm thrilled..:+)
--
I work hard. I play hard. I stay hard.

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium
Beaverton, OR
reply to KeepOnRockin
I don't believe Miami will even beat Boston to claim the East, let alone face OKC in the finals.

If History is on Boston's side, they will finish off Miami tomorrow evening in game 6.

Retired6
Premium
Earth
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
Being a long time Lakers fan, i don't like Boston either, but i'd much rather see Boston win the East, have LeBron be done for another year and see Derek Fisher get his 6th NBA Championship ring..:+)
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
said by Retired6:

Being a long time Lakers fan, i don't like Boston either, but i'd much rather see Boston win the East, have LeBron be done for another year and see Derek Fisher get his 6th NBA Championship ring..:+)

I'm with you. Lifetime Laker fan as well. Be nice to see Fish win but he would have 1 more than Kobe!!

Now we get to see what the Miami Heats and Lebron is really made of. Career defining moments coming up.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to e_dub
said by e_dub:

Spurs were on a 20 game winning streak and now they lose 4 straight to be knocked out the finals.

That's pretty amazing when you think about it.

The thunder had to beat the Mavericks, Lakers, and Spurs to get to the finals --- the 3 teams that have represented the West in the finals for the last 12(?) years or so.
--
Bohemian Rhapsody

e_dub
franknbeans
Premium,VIP
kickin ass
reply to e_dub
said by e_dub:

Mia vs Bos, may go 7. I see Lebron taking over and putting up huge numbers in game 6.

did I call it or what

Retired6
Premium
Earth
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

Now we get to see what the Miami Heats and Lebron is really made of. Career defining moments coming up.

I agree. Remember the big Miami party when they got LeBron ? The big 3 on stage dancing around with all the shit talk "1,2,3,4,5,6,7 championships" coming soon.

Pffft, not a chance in hell. That jerkoff put all the pressure on himself. And you know what ? The Heat will lose again. Even if they beat the Celtics, they'll never get past OKC.

Next topic - How the wild, wild west was won..:+)
--

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium
Beaverton, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to KeepOnRockin
Convincing win for Miami tonight. It looks like Miami might have the final say against the Celtics if they can win at home in game 7.

If not, it will be Boston celebrating on Miami's home court getting the Eastern conference recognition.

If Lebron could play every game with tonight's consistancy he had, he would be quite a contender.

However, like the Spurs, the Heat are inconsistant.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to e_dub
Good call e_dub. His demeanor from the get go was totally different.

Dear Lebron,

Why can't you do this more often? Put away the childish antics, hollywood act, and just play pissed off. Play with that killer instinct and who can stop you?

Ol Drippy
RIP,,, FRIEND
Premium
join:2003-10-22
Grand Island, NE
kudos:7
reply to KeepOnRockin
Fuck the Heat. When they lose to the Thunder in the Finals is he going to cry and switch teams again or what?
--
I like my coffee black, just like my metal.

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium
Beaverton, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to KeepOnRockin
Click for full size
Solid victory by Miami tonight to move onto the championship round.

As for OKC vs Miami, may the best team win!

Hope it will go to at least a game 6 or 7.

If I had to make a prediction of who will win the series, this is what I would choose. ^ (the actual story behind the OKC image is found at: »espn.go.com/blog/playbook/visual···building)

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
Lebron vs. Durant. Going to be a great Finals Series. As a Laker fan I can't cheer for either team. But I can cheer for Durant!

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
I didn't get a chance to see game 7, but I watched game 6 and there James looked Kingly. Its too bad he can't figure out how to turn that on or off.

When Jordan was in these situations he played almost every game like James played game 6.

IF the king can learn to harnass that I AM GOING TO WIN mentality we may see a lot of championships heading to Miami.

He was unstoppable, hitting jumpshots that most mortals would airball. And just disregarding the defense and playing how he wanted. It was Amazing.

OKC will make sure their defence is better than the Celtics that night, but I am not sure if it will matter if hes in a groove.

It will be fun to watch.

Does it start tonight ?
--
Call it evil that men do, lord forgive me for what my pen do
This is for your sins, I cleanse you. You can repent but I warn you, if you continue. To hell I’ll send you.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
It starts Tuesday.

Game 7 was good. I watched the whole game with my brother in law who is like 14 and he likes the Heats because the Celtics are "old." This really was a team win for the Heats. I thought Lebron played good but there was no way he was going to duplicate what he did in game 6. He missed a lot of free throws and those long range shots he was hitting wasn't going in this game. I thought he came through in the "clutch" with that big three and that driving dunk.

As much as the media hates on Lebron the dude is a good guy. He's not in the News for illegal activities or arrests, does commercials for children to stay in school, and other positive things. He's a good guy just not the killer we expect from the likes of the Kobes and Jordans of the world.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Yea maybe hes missing that "spark".

And yes I agree that spark may come with less than personable personalities, but in the receant bball history I have been a part of (18 yrs ish) that spark can make dynasties. Jorden and Kobe are not nice guys. Both have had issues in their personal lives, but both of them held basketball higher than anything else in their lives and won because of it.

You would think these years of badgering and not winning champs would have pissed him off at this point to where he could play every game with that intensity. Sometimes I think the money really does soften up some players and the I MUST WIN mentality gets lost in all the cars, houses, stuff.
--
This is for your sins, I cleanse you. You can repent but I warn you, if you continue. To hell I’ll send you.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
18 years! That's a long time. I'm only 27 but didn't start watching it more in depth until I was about a Junior in High School.

This is my question. How much has the media changed? I don't recall maybe because it wasn't during my time peroid but I don't remember people calling for heads to roll because I team made it to the finals. Teams seemed happy to get there though losing did stink but it was something to be built on. I don't remember people calling for example the Jazz to split Malone and Stockton because they kept coming up sure. Has the media just gone crazy? Probably.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
The issue with the heat is that those players are staying there with pay cuts to win a championship. Thats the only reason the team was even put together. (I suppose thats the reason for every team, but you didn't see Magic and Bird taking pay cuts to play with each other).

The Jazz were fundamentally solid and would have won championships anytime outside the Jordan era. Stockton was an amazing point guard for the skill set god gave him. Malone was Shaq before we met Shaq, and after Shaq Malone never looked as impressive to me.

I would agree that for some organizations getting to the finals is an accomplishment. For OKC their season is already a success, the championship will be icing.

Im only 23, but the few things I remember about my childhood are watching bball with my pops. He never made me go to bed if MJ was on. Until i was like 13, number 23 was the only reason I got to stay up late.

The media now a days is HUGE and much bigger than neccessary. It leads to everyones ideas eventually coming accross the wire. Public opinion will rarely impact players decisions. I.E. poor cleveland.
--