I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven

Re: [NBA] The Official NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread 2012

Wouldn't you stay it's crazy though for people to suggest the Heats to break up the team because they don't win it this year? You're talking about Wade, Lebron, Bosh. In almost any trade including Wade or Bosh they heats would be losers?

Trade Idea after that comment lol:
Heats send Nets Wade, Bosh.
Nets send Deron Williams, Gerald Wallace (1st round pick? or Marshoon Brooks? Brook Lopez?)
Who says no? Nets get superstars to bring people in and two solid guys to build on. Heats get a Star ball handler in D-Will, Solid Defensive guy in Gerald Wallace (imagine Lebron and Wallace on defensive!), and either a future solid pick, Brooks who looks like he has potential as a decent chucker, or Lopez a solid post presense.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

I am not sure what their contracts are for. I was under the impression they were short 2 or 3 yr contracts with the idea that if they didn't win in their contract life times that the team would be broke up. Mostly because Wade/Bosh and maybe James could be making better money on other teams.

I don't think trades are likely.

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium Member
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos

Premium Member

I believe they are 6 year contracts with the players having outs after 4 if wanted.

e_dub
franknbeans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-12
kickin ass

e_dub

Premium Member

Heat could not defend in the 4th quarter. Lebron only 7points in the 4th.
I think the Heat had a bad match up (defensively) against OKC. Lebron needs to stay on Durant the entire game.
Could be a long/short series for the Heat.

Interesting fact: This is the first time in any championship game (any sport) that the 2 opponent's name does not end with the letter "S".

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium Member
join:2002-11-08
Beaverton, OR

KeepOnRockin

Premium Member

The Thunder are such an excellent 2nd half team. They close very well.

I saw the same type of situation when the Thunder were playing the Spurs. The Spurs would have a 10+ lead a halftime, but fall behind in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Miami is going to have to step up their 2nd half game to stay competitive.

If the Heat doesn't win two of the next four games, OKC will be celebrating the championship on the Heat's home court (like Dallas did last year).

Granted, that kind of talk is premature. It's only game one of a possibly long series.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Silvanos

to Silvanos
That could be. I would bet if there isn't a championship after 4 everyones getting out.

Though 2 years failing in a row is going to be tough.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Durant - The Anti-Lebron

RockCake
Premium Member
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

1 edit

RockCake to e_dub

Premium Member

to e_dub
said by e_dub:

Interesting fact: This is the first time in any championship game (any sport) that the 2 opponent's name does not end with the letter "S".

MLS Cup
1996, 99: DC United vs. LA Galaxy
1998: DC United vs. Chicago Fire

(well you DID say any sport)

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to KeepOnRockin

Premium Member

to KeepOnRockin
Durant was definitely fouled.

Oh well. I want a game 7 so this works out.

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium Member
Beaverton, OR

KeepOnRockin

Premium Member

Good win by Miami tonight to even the series.

The Heat definitely seemed hungrier to win than the did in game one. This also handed OKC their first playoff loss at home this post-season.

OKC didn't win in Miami during the one game they played during the regular season and the next 3 games are in Miami.

Hope the Heat come out blazing at home!

Silvanos
Premium Member
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

Durant was definitely fouled.

Oh well. I want a game 7 so this works out.

He should have been fouled out, it all even outs.

e_dub
franknbeans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-12
kickin ass

e_dub to KeepOnRockin

Premium Member

to KeepOnRockin
OKC never should have gotten that far down in the beginning of the game. Westbrook needs to get Durant more involved in the first half. Durant never should have been guarding Lebron, Sefolosha needs to gaurd him.(all game, he needs to foul out guarding Lebron) The occasional defensive switch is understandable but Durant should not be on Lebron when he (Lebron) crosses half court.

hardflip
Mindfield
Premium Member
join:2002-02-28
Andover, MA

hardflip

Premium Member

Yeah, Westbrook was just terrible in that first quarter he completely stagnated the team and put them in a hole and they could never recover. OKC outplayed them the rest of the game, it was just too much of a hole.

Silvanos
Premium Member
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos

Premium Member

They outplayed them in the 4th, it takes 4 quarters to win.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol to hardflip

Premium Member

to hardflip
said by hardflip:

Yeah, Westbrook was just terrible in that first quarter he completely stagnated the team and put them in a hole and they could never recover. OKC outplayed them the rest of the game, it was just too much of a hole.

Westbrook is barely a PG. He shouldn't play that position, he's terrible at it. I rarely see him looking around to pass. He has durant on his team... and he's asking for the ball.

hardflip
Mindfield
Premium Member
join:2002-02-28
Andover, MA

hardflip

Premium Member

said by Alcohol:

Westbrook is barely a PG. He shouldn't play that position, he's terrible at it. I rarely see him looking around to pass. He has durant on his team... and he's asking for the ball.

Although what you say is completely true, I will say he has gotten much better.

Remember how he played last year in the playoffs? He took even more ridiculous shots and Durant went even longer without getting the ball.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol to KeepOnRockin

Premium Member

to KeepOnRockin
After tonights game i don't see how Lebron is going to lose this series.

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium Member
Beaverton, OR

KeepOnRockin

Premium Member

Great win for Miami tonight. Hopefully, Lebron can have one of those really big games on Tuesday (similar to Game 6 on Boston) to help give the Heat a bigger commanding lead in the series.

It also shows the the bloggers and Yahoo! sports analysts that said OKC would win this game were full of it (as usual).

These were some of these same folks that said the Spurs would be the for-sure winners of the OKC vs Spurs match-up early in the series. lol

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

I still think this is going to seven. The kids do have the upper hand the longer this thing plays out.

We will see if they can make it 3-1. That will be more of a commanding win. Winning your first home game is the norm.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Only a Superstar like Kevin Durant can play with a PG like Westbrook.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Right. Start Fisher, he clearly knows more about the role and has done this a couple times before.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
said by I AM:

Only a Superstar like Kevin Durant can play with a PG like Westbrook.

Every time i see KD with his hand raised (semi-open) and westbrook not even looking at him, it makes me laugh. It happens a lot.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Big game tonight. This could tilt the series.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

thunder by 6. my prediction. durant 35 points

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium Member
Beaverton, OR

KeepOnRockin

Premium Member

If the Thunder can beat Miami 3 times in a row (including 2 in Miami), they deserve the championship!

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by KeepOnRockin:

If the Thunder can beat Miami 3 times in a row (including 2 in Miami), they deserve the championship!

Not gonna happen.

Durant looked like he was about to cry.

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium Member
Beaverton, OR

KeepOnRockin

Premium Member

How about Miami in 5?

This was the commanding lead I was talking about. Good job by Miami from coming back from the end of the 1st quarter.

Also, an injured Lebron making the 3 pointer towards the end of the game.

Hope he gets better fast for game 5.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

We could be 1 game away from crowning the "King" or so called; I'mma be sick!

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Lebron is gonna be even more hated in Cleveland if they win it... heh...

And Chris Bosh in Toronto, to a lesser extent.

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium Member
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY

chlen to KeepOnRockin

Premium Member

to KeepOnRockin
This last game reminded me why I started hating watching NBA games in the first place. So many bad calls all over the place for both teams, though OKC drew short straw lat game.

The worst was when in a no-foul situation they call it on Durant, who obviously did not foul, and see it on the big board, try to cover their asses and move the foul to Westbrook who did not even make contact with ball or player.

It makes the game unwatchable to see team do nothing but shoot free throws...

Oh and the flopping is so bad that you cant tell who is really hit and who is flopping anymore.

Don't breathe on LeBron it will be a foul... I got no dog in this fight, but I do want to see a good game and a good performance, but when you have such awful officiating the continuity of the game is broken... no thank you I will stick to college ball.