uniqs
share rss forum feed

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

[Cable] Stop Sell Areas (May 4th 2012)

I'm posting this back as it has disappeared.

POI Name Note
21 Grand Crest Place (Kitchener)
855 York Mills (Toronto)
35 Scarlett Rd (Etobicoke)
11 Greensboro (Etobicoke)
3573 Wolfdale (Mississauga)
50 Anderson (Markham)
1810 St.Laurent (Ottawa)
3330 McNicoll (Scarborough)

Upgrades are still scheduled for May. No specific ETA's
--
TSI Martin - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

shine11

join:2012-04-11

Is it safe to say the stop sale will be lifted from 1810 St. Laurent in mid June ?

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by shine11:

Is it safe to say the stop sale will be lifted from 1810 St. Laurent in mid June ?

Nothing is certain with Rogers. I think they've bungled up every ETA ever given.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
reply to TSI Martin

Considering we are already a good way into May and no word about upgrade implementation....I would assume that Rogers is either on track for late May or this will be pushed to a later date.

shine11

join:2012-04-11

I really hope it is done by june. I am without internet in my apartment and refuse to go with any other service provider

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to creed3020

May 2050 oh ya I'd almost bet on a typo, purposely by design, just cuz.

... and now back to your regularly scheduled reality oi you can hope they'll do the fixes sooner rather than later. I really don't suppose they'd consider it a positive spin if they were quick to slip upgrades in like clockwork and earn some formidible kudo's for the fact that could even bring them in a bit more of that moolah stuff they're wanting at sooner + quicker than if they delay.

Naturally, nothing new. SSDD etc. *sigh*
Hang in there fella's.
--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.
Twitter:The Merovingian W7U|SB6120|TSI-XCPU28/1|WNDR3700v1|DupontPOI

liquidzyklon

join:2001-06-24
Scarborough, ON
reply to TSI Martin

Following up on TSI Martin's original post. What is the status for upgrade near Warden and Steeles area?

I was thinking of cancelling my Rogers service and switching to Teksavvy cable, but there's a stop sell in my area!!! Wondering if I should wait it out or negotiate with Rogers for retention discount for another year...

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

The McNicoll POI was scheduled for is scheduled for the upgrade in April/May. But when it'll actually get depends on Rogers.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by decx:

The McNicoll POI was scheduled for is scheduled for the upgrade in April/May. But when it'll actually get depends on Rogers.

It was scheduled to be done last NOVEMBER. Thats hilarious isnt it.

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON
reply to TSI Martin

I'm getting terrible latency today. My games are skipping and almost 1 second delay. Hope those upgrades come soon...

Also, the fact that this whole stop-selling thing has happened shows why Teksavvy needs to start investing in some SMALL deployment of their own last mile. I.E. locally in chatham and then work their way out.

The economic costs of these delays are probably in the hundreds of thousands.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
reply to TSI Martin

Based on the fact May is almost over... and TSI hasn't been given any firm dates or ones they are willing to share, I would say Rogers isn't going to get it done at this point...

Astronomicon

@bell.ca

said by koreyb:

Based on the fact May is almost over...

May isn't even half over yet at the time of your post. Although I agree that something more encouraging in terms of specific timetables for the upgrades would be welcome.

TheMcG

join:2010-03-09
k2c5t4
reply to TSI Martin

i hope St.Laurent gets its upgrade soon things can grind to a halt at peak hours.

koreyb

East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Astronomicon

said by Astronomicon :

said by koreyb:

Based on the fact May is almost over...

May isn't even half over yet at the time of your post. Although I agree that something more encouraging in terms of specific timetables for the upgrades would be welcome.

based on the time range we are 75% through the quote.. in order to upgrade all the POI's currently under stop sell.. and the speed Rogers moves, I think my comment of may being almost over is fair.

liquidzyklon

Scarborough, ON
reply to decx

quote:
The address provided in TSI Martin's post: 3330 McNicoll
As per Google Maps this is at McNicoll and Middlefield Rd, which is a long way from Steeles and Warden area, no?

If that is the case, I don't see any POI listed near my areas to be upgraded/added...

decx
Premium
Vancouver, BC

said by liquidzyklon:

quote:
As per Google Maps this is at McNicoll and Middlefield Rd, which is a long way from Steeles and Warden area, no?

If that is the case, I don't see any POI listed near my areas to be upgraded/added...

Yep, that's the one. The area a POI can serve can be quite large especially with the lower population density areas such as Scarborough. The McNicoll POI should serve connections up to the Vic Park area.

liquidzyklon

Scarborough, ON

said by decx:

said by liquidzyklon:

quote:

Yep, that's the one. The area a POI can serve can be quite large especially with the lower population density areas such as Scarborough. The McNicoll POI should serve connections up to the Vic Park area.

Thanks for the explanation. After a little more searching on the forum last night I found the same info you mentioned. From tracking the stop sell zones since Jan 2012, of the 5 posted POI only 1000 Dupont has been fixed. The rest has been on the list for 5 months inclusively with the addition of 4 more POIs added to the list.

I guess my only logical choice is to wait out May and prey that the McNicoll POI is upgraded so I can upgrade. The McNicoll POI was last upgraded in Apr 2011 so reaching saturation = Teksavvy is too popular. Otherwise, I'll have to sign another contract with Robbers for 30% off all my services.

phphreak

join:2010-02-07
canada
reply to TSI Martin

when is rogers going to get off their ass and upgrade the Wolfdale POI? They are obviously dragging their heels.Keep doing that Rogers, and I'll cancel my phone with you asap. I've already shed your horribly priced Cable and Internet already.

decx
Premium
Vancouver, BC

said by phphreak:

when is rogers going to get off their ass and upgrade the Wolfdale POI? They are obviously dragging their heels.Keep doing that Rogers, and I'll cancel my phone with you asap. I've already shed your horribly priced Cable and Internet already.

Unfortunately it's not just Wolfdale. It's practically every POI in the GTA outside of the city core.

chaos1105

join:2004-01-18
kudos:1
reply to TSI Martin

According to this post (»forums.teksavvy.com/yaf_postst84···012.aspx) the stop sell in Mississauga has been lifted.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

That's right. Mississauga has two new links and Ottawa also has two new links turned up. It's about time! Should have em' all opened soon.

Marc
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Astronomicon

@rogers.com

That's great news!

I'm stoked that I'll actually be able to ditch Robbers in Kitchener after almost 8 months of waiting!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Appreciate you waiting!
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to liquidzyklon

You have of course seen the POI map for Toronto, yes? Gives you a pretty good idea just how much area is covered. Theres one for Ottawa too.

Unsure which POI? WinMTR Portable will show you. Just input tsi.teksavvy.com and let it run.

--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.
Twitter:The Merovingian W7U|SB6120|TSI-XCPU28/1|WNDR3700v1|DupontPOI

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by TwiztedZero:

You have of course seen the POI map for Toronto, yes? Gives you a pretty good idea just how much area is covered. Theres one for Ottawa too.

There's one error on the Ottawa map: "Bells Corners East" is actually served by Fallowfield, not Richmond Rd. Always has been, unlikely to change since the fibre runs straight up Ridgefield Crescent.

Cheers

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc

I hope McNicoll is done soon. 6 freakin months now. unreal.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

York Mills is next with early next week.

Jayar

join:2005-01-16

inb4 Rogers delays sauga upgrade and new sign-ups further congest the POI!

koreyb

East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

York Mills is next with early next week.

I moved to this Poi May 1st... I hope they get this done.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Jayar

said by Jayar:

inb4 Rogers delays sauga upgrade and new sign-ups further congest the POI!

Two new gig links are already live for the Mississauga POI. There's no more waiting.. It's already live...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy