how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

butchie

join:2000-12-29
Phoenix, AZ

[Other] Hotmail has gone crazy??

Recently, hotmail is doing some strange things. Deleting across devices, disappearing e-mails etc. Is anyone having problems and how do i correct this?

Sparrow
Crystal Sky
Premium
join:2002-12-03
Sachakhand
If your account was attached to Windows Live, expect problems. Windows Live was supposedly discontinued on April 30, 2012.
--
"Be simple, be earnest and spread that simplicity throughout everything you do."

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
said by Sparrow:

Windows Live was supposedly discontinued on April 30, 2012.

No it wasn't. It's alive and well.

Sparrow
Crystal Sky
Premium
Sachakhand
Windows Live ID - Office Small Business Live was indeed discontinued. Believe me, I know because I had to go through the entire transition and if any email accounts were associated with a Windows Live ID and the subscriber did not migrate to Office 365, there will be problems with the emails.
--
"Be simple, be earnest and spread that simplicity throughout everything you do."

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
"Windows Live ID - Office Small Business Live" sounds like one of the many services offered within the the Live suite of apps and that may indeed have been discontinued.

However, the vast majority of Live services/apps have not.

I have a regular Windows Live ID account and had no issues accessing my Hotmail account (including sending and receiving new mail today) -- did so just before my post above.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
reply to Sparrow
As I suspected, the discontinued service was limited to "Office Small Business Live", and does not apply to any of the many other Windows Live services currently still active.

»www.microsoft.com/office/olsb/FAQ-en-us.html

Sparrow
Crystal Sky
Premium
Sachakhand

Clarification...

said by darcilicious:

As I suspected, the discontinued service was limited to "Office Small Business Live", and does not apply to any of the many other Windows Live services currently still active.

»www.microsoft.com/office/olsb/FAQ-en-us.html

AND if any email accounts were associated WITH Office Small Business Live, and the user did NOT migrate to Office 365, those emails associated with the OL account will no longer work in Hotmail or with desktop Windows Live mail.
--

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
That is correct. But it's also a long way off from "Windows Live was discontinued"

And, if you weren't using OSBL, then your Hotmail account via Windows Live ID will continue to work just fine.