share rss forum feed

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
reply to JoelTR

Re: High Speed Rail Environmental Plan Approved

A horrible waste of money we don't have, to build an outmoded thing we don't need. The estimates are ballooning already and they haven't moved a single shovel of dirt. A colossal boondoggle that will play out eerily similarly to The Simpsons monorail episode.

We should scrap the worthless TSA and spend that money on airport improvements to move people and facilitate business. Better yet, give the money back to the people who earned it and let them drive the private economy.

Not all government is bad, but this is a classic case of big government run amok.

Postal
First pull up, then pull down.
Premium
join:2000-08-30
Simi Valley, CA

"But OCs streets are cracked and broken..."

"Sorry, No_Strings, the mob has spoken!"

MONORAIL!!!
--
Next time you wave at me, use ALL your fingers.

TwoFrogs
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Downtown
reply to No_Strings

said by No_Strings:

A colossal boondoggle that will play out eerily similarly to The Simpsons monorail episode.

Maybe they're going to use Professor Harold Hill's "Think Method" to build and operate the train.

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to No_Strings

said by No_Strings:

A horrible waste of money we don't have, to build an outmoded thing we don't need. The estimates are ballooning already and they haven't moved a single shovel of dirt.

This.

I think if they would've thought this out back in the 70s or maybe 80s, then they wouldn't be having all these problems with critics. With budget deficit pegged at 16 B, I think it's time these people let it go. California is NOT in ANY position to do this. Japan and Europe had their sh*t together decades ago. These people should've planed it then.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben