spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Jim184
join:2013-04-11
Barnegat, NJ

Jim184 to mountlaurel

to mountlaurel

Re: New Guides for SA/Cisco Areas (Info from Ted Hodgins Blog)

Mountlaurel, I wish I felt your pain. If only NJ Comcast management decided to halt the update a few days earlier. I would have .25 and be a lot happier. Though Mike would be ticked. Hopefully you'll get your update soon

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

My new mission is to get Xfinity On Demand for the TiVo Premiere. After that, get Comcast to convert to MPEG4 for all HD channels across the board

mountlaurel
@army.mil

mountlaurel

Anon

Mike-Wolf, can you work your magic and try to find out when the Garden State, NJ customers will receive the "Cable card" software update. This is driving me crazy with my TIVO Premiere get the message "Channel Not Available" It was happening a lot last night to "Comcast Sportsnet" - ch. 847. I couldn't even watch the Flyers game at all at one point. Thanks

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I'll see what I can do, I just need to find my whips and chains

Really sorry about the cablecard issue your having. An idea I had was to run down by you and retrieve the card and either upgrade it in my area or swap it with an updated card, or run down and pick up your TiVo, bring it up by me and hook it up in my area so it would update the firmware, then run it back down by you. However I don't know if Comcast would have a hissy fit.

mountlaurel
@comcast.net

mountlaurel

Anon

Thanks Mike Wolf. I'll just wait for the Cable Card upgrade. It's funny didn't have No problems last night. It comes when you least expect it (Channel Unavailable - Message). I do check the comcast.net forum thread on this frequently.
Jim184
Barnegat, NJ

Jim184 to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf
Mike updating his card that way would not work because Comcast could tell that card dose not belong in that aera. Even if it did update It may not work in his area anymore Because they are not set up For the new updates. But that was a very gracious gesture on your part so thank you..

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I figured that might be the case Jim, but I figured it would be worth a shot, I mean it would be better then letting mountlaurel suffer because of some dumb decision by an uninformed Comcast decision maker.

mountlaurel
@comcast.net

mountlaurel

Anon

This is Cable Card software update should resolve the "Black Screen" and "channels not Available" problems-correct??? with TIVO Premiere's
Jim184
Barnegat, NJ

Jim184 to RKB_t

to RKB_t
Mountlaurel, going by what Comcast has said over last few years

It should reduce the occurrences or significantly reduce the occurrences of your problems. Black screen or Channel not available. They have stated on numerous occasions that it is not entirely their problem they are waiting on their vendors to supply proper firmware updates. I hope for your sake that cures your problems.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit

Mike Wolf to mountlaurel

to mountlaurel
Yes mountlaurel. I haven't gotten a black screen or "channel not available" message yet.
The vendor, ie Cisco, created and designed the new firmware that fixes the authorization error that we are talking about here, back in April of 2011, a month after I complained to Ted Hodgins in his Comcast Voices blog. The problem was Comcast is just now pushing that firmware out to our area 2 years later. Here is the release notes »tools.cisco.com/search/d ··· W8UiSfyS which addresses the black screen troubles.

mountlaurel
@army.mil

mountlaurel

Anon

I appreciate all the feedback for this problem. Funny thing is all day Sunday it never happened once (either of the two).

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Maybe Comcast figured out the cause of it and fixed it without having to push the new firmware.

mountlaurel
@army.mil

mountlaurel

Anon

Mike - Thought so too, but it happened last night switching back from ch 890 (TCM HD) to ch 847 (Comcast Sportsnet). The same old "Channel not available" message. Need Cable card firmware update pushed to Comcast of Garden State, NJ customers soon!!!

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to RKB_t

to RKB_t
Came across this strange user interface from Cox. Looks interesting, it's in 16:9 HD, and shows just how nice MoCA can be if Comcast would ever implement it without an additional charge (and software update)

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· FjLxbN6U

mountlaurel
@army.mil

mountlaurel

Anon

Mike-See if you can find out anything new for Garden State, NJ customers. May 1st is Wednesday and still no software update for cable card. Last night (Sunday) was bad for "Channels Not Available" on my TIVO Premiere. Thanks

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

sent a message, awaiting a response from Comcast.
Really sorry about the trouble your experiencing, this is without a doubt unacceptable. I'd be sure to contact Comcast billing for "loss of service" credits.

mountlaurel
@army.mil

mountlaurel

Anon

Thanks "Mike" I'll be checking the Thread over at comcast.net forums for any update from Ted. Have you had any problems since cable card update?

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit

Mike Wolf

Nope not one problem at all in any shape or form. Like I've said before it's even improved the picture quality.

Ted said "We expect to have some information about the schedule for these updates for the remainder of NJ at the end of this week. We will post that information in this thread once it is confirmed by the local teams.

Thanks for your patience."

Mountlaurel
@comcast.net

Mountlaurel

Anon

Mike-not much posting this week over at comcast.com/forums for this thread. See if you can find out anything for comcast of Garden State, NJ customers cable card software update. Thanks

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I asked point blank and I don't think I even got an answer. I'm really sorry that Comcast can't get their act together and actually accomplish something.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

FYI - The latest update on the S26 deployment:

From ComcastTeds
5-10-2013 2:34 PM

SCHEDULE UPDATE

Customers in the areas listed below are currently scheduled to get the referenced on-screen guide updates and new features next week.

LOUISIANA
Calhoun, Collinston, Downsville. Eros, Monroe, Richwood, Sterlington, West Monroe

MISSISSIPPI
Bolton, Brandon, Byram, Canton, Clinton, Flora, Florence, Flowood, Goodman, Laurel, Jackson, Madison, Meridian, Pearl, Pelahatchie, Pickens, Puckett, Raymond, Richland, Ridgeland, Star, Terry, Tougaloo, Utica, Whitfield

Details on the new features available are detailed in the initial post in this thread. Additional information can be found at »www.xfinity.com/meetyourguide

Additional locations will be announced as they are confirmed. All locations are expected to be completed this year. Thanks for your patience.
telcodad

telcodad to Mike Wolf

MVM

to Mike Wolf
said by Mountlaurel :

Mike-not much posting this week over at comcast.com/forums for this thread. See if you can find out anything for comcast of Garden State, NJ customers cable card software update. Thanks

said by Mike Wolf:

I asked point blank and I don't think I even got an answer. I'm really sorry that Comcast can't get their act together and actually accomplish something.

FYI - You just got an "answer:"

quote:
There have been many internal discussions about southern NJ this week with our local management teams that oversee this area.

Unfortunately, there is not yet a new scheduled date for the remainder of NJ to receive the referenced updates (guide software, firmware and CableCard update).

As soon as I know more I will be sure and update this thread.

mountlaurel
@comcast.net

mountlaurel

Anon

Thanks - I did see this update over at the comcast.net forums. Just looked at my New Bill online for June. No new channels being added for Garden State, NJ system.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

FYI - This morning there was another post with some more info about the nature of the delay for your area:

quote:
Apologies for the delay in your area of NJ. To be clear, this delay is not due to any technical, engineering or code issue. It is striictly due to a scheduling and timing issue specific to this area.

We continue to deliver this update to other areas as noted above while the situation is being addressed.

telcodad

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

FYI - This morning there was another post with some more info about the nature of the delay for your area:

quote:
Apologies for the delay in your area of NJ. To be clear, this delay is not due to any technical, engineering or code issue. It is striictly due to a scheduling and timing issue specific to this area.

We continue to deliver this update to other areas as noted above while the situation is being addressed.

A little more explanation was provided today for all the delays:

quote:
We work with the local resources (marketing, customer care, technical operations, etc.) to coordinate training and timing around the site-by-site roll-out. The guide software and firmware is deployed locally at each Comcast headend. Testing is also conducted at each location prior to customer deployment.

Each Comcast system or region has a certain level of autonomy when managing and scheduling these updates, balancing other business and customer priorities and business as usual activities.

We are experiencing an unusually high level of call volume activity in NJ at this time. In order to maintain certain expected customer service levels it is important that this update schedule be reviewed so that this area can be prepared for the usual (small) increase in customer calls that are typically expected whenever a guide update is delivered.

We do have an internal working schedule that is reviewed and modified as needed (at least weekly).

Other Comcast areas are not experiencing this issue so we review and modify the schedule as needed. This is done so that we continue to add these new features and improvements to as many areas as possible.

We do announce any new locations in this thread once the locations are confirmed. Schedules are of course subject to change. Locations move up and down in the schedule depending on business and customer priorities. Thanks for your understanding and thanks for your patience.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Of course there is a higher then normal call volume, it's all the ticked off customers asking why they aren't getting their updates.

mountlaurel
@army.mil

mountlaurel to telcodad

Anon

to telcodad
Well last night my TIVO Premiere received a "Software Update". About an half hour later I received the "Channel Not Available" message for channels I should receive. Thought maybe (1%) chance this was a TIVO issue-now I know for sure this is a Comcast "Cable Card" issue as this Thread continues for Comcast of Garden State, NJ customers. Will never doubt TIVO again. It's always a Comcast problem and today's date is May 17th, 2013 and still No Firmware Update.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

What is the software version on your TiVo now since I'm currently going through hell with the Spring 2013 update.

mountlaurel
@comcast.net

mountlaurel

Anon

TiVo Premiere s/w 20.3.1-01-2

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

whoa. Good luck with that
Let's just put it this way, I had to do an exchange at BestBuy and lose my full hard drive in order to get a working box