Search similar:

uniqs

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Re: New Guides for SA/Cisco Areas (Info from Ted Hodgins Blog)

FYI - The latest update on the S26 deployment:

From ComcastTeds
5-21-2013 3:35 PM

... Memphis schedule was moved to the first week of June.
telcodad

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

said by Com_castaway :

Hi, any outlook for when we will get the guide update in west Boca Raton, FL.? My zipcode is 33498.

Thanks,

Your question has just been answered in the Comcast Help and Support Forum:

From ComcastTeds
4-4-2013 8:38 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Com_castaway wrote:

Hello Ted,

Do you have any outlook as to when western Boca Raton, FL will get the update? I am in zipcode 33498. Thanks for the information.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We expect your area of FL to be complete in the next 45 days. Thanks for your patience.

FYI - Some other areas in Florida that are now scheduled to get the S26 update in June:

quote:

alex673 wrote:

so Miami, FL 33185 will be getting guide update next month for sure? I've been told by different reps on the phone that it was coming since about 2 yrs ago.

The Cutler Bay, Homestead, Florida City, Kendall, Kings Bay, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, Redland
areas of Florida are currently scheduled for this referenced update in June, yes. I will confirm the dates once we get closer.

telcodad

telcodad to mountlaurel

MVM

to mountlaurel
said by mountlaurel :

... It's always a Comcast problem and today's date is May 17th, 2013 and still No Firmware Update.

It looks like there will be some good news for your area tomorrow afternoon:

quote:
We should have some good news for your area of South Jersey that I can post here on Friday afternoon. Thanks for your patience.

mountlaurel
@army.mil

mountlaurel

Anon

Yes-I read it this morning. Thanks. I'll be on look out tomorrow.
mountlaurel

mountlaurel

Anon

Just read the update over on Comcast forums. No cable card update next week for Garden State, NJ customers so I will continue to live with Channel Not Available message when tuning to channels I do receive.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

said by mountlaurel :

... It's always a Comcast problem and today's date is May 17th, 2013 and still No Firmware Update.

It looks like there will be some good news for your area tomorrow afternoon:

quote:
We should have some good news for your area of South Jersey that I can post here on Friday afternoon. Thanks for your patience.

said by mountlaurel :

Just read the update over on Comcast forums. No cable card update next week for Garden State, NJ customers so I will continue to live with Channel Not Available message when tuning to channels I do receive.

quote:
I was planning to confirm our guide update launch schedule for southern NJ and the Memphis area this afternoon.

Unfortunately, two separate and unrelated operational and technical issues have come to our collective attention yesterday and today that are impacting these two specific areas.

These issues require immediate attention and resources. Based on these customer and business impacting issues, we don’t currently have plans to update the guide next week in Memphis or southern NJ.

As soon as I have additional details on the schedule I will provide them here. Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Wow, I can't believe you guys got postponed yet again! Hope they get those last minute "operational and technical issues" resolved soon.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to mountlaurel

to mountlaurel
I gotta say, even before the firmware update, the not authorized message issue wasn't as severe as what you're experiencing. There may be a bigger issue going on in your area.

MarvinsMagic
@comcast.net

MarvinsMagic

Anon

Is there a specific reason as to why I'm still able to view the guide in a stretched format on the Cisco RNG 150 HD, but not on the SA 8300 HD with the same settings? I was experimenting with some of the cable box user settings and noticed that if I select "Stretch" for the 4:3 Override on the RNG 150 HD, that the guide will display stretched across my HDTV, but if the do the same thing on my 8300 HD, it doesn't. I have noticed that the RNG 150 HD has a different software version (s26p1.1211.r-10) than the 8300 HD (S26.1211.r-24). Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I looked around online for possible answers, but didn't find anything. I'm on the Ocean County, NJ system (Brick, Pt. Pleasant Beach/Boro, Bay Head & Mantoloking).

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

It's a possible issue with the video drivers or video chipsets on the different generation set top boxes? Maybe it's a software issue with the chipsets? Fluke?

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement to MarvinsMagic

to MarvinsMagic
said by MarvinsMagic :

Is there a specific reason as to why I'm still able to view the guide in a stretched format on the Cisco RNG 150 HD, but not on the SA 8300 HD with the same settings? I was experimenting with some of the cable box user settings and noticed that if I select "Stretch" for the 4:3 Override on the RNG 150 HD, that the guide will display stretched across my HDTV, but if the do the same thing on my 8300 HD, it doesn't. I have noticed that the RNG 150 HD has a different software version (s26p1.1211.r-10) than the 8300 HD (S26.1211.r-24). Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I looked around online for possible answers, but didn't find anything. I'm on the Ocean County, NJ system (Brick, Pt. Pleasant Beach/Boro, Bay Head & Mantoloking).

The Pace RNG110 with A28 did this and it still does even with A30. While my Motorola DCX3400's did in A28 but now don't stretch the guide in A30. It's simply the boxes and their different specs. The RNG110 doesn't have the Dolby Volume (volume normalizer) that the Moto's have either. Neither box had Dolby Volume before the A30 update.

5th

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

FYI - The latest update on the S26 update deployment:

quote:
From ComcastTeds
6-14-2013 3:43 PM

SCHEDULE UPDATE

Customers in the areas listed below are currently scheduled to get the referenced on-screen guide updates and new features the week of June 17th.

VIRGINIA
Albemarle County, Altavista , Amherst, Amherst County, Amissville, Augusta Springs, Bacova, Bedford County, Berryville, Blacksburg, Botetourt County, Boyce, Boydton, Bridgewater, Broadway, Brookneal, Buena Vista, Campbell County, Charlottesville, Chase City, Chatham, Christianburg, Clarke County, Clarke County, Clearbrook, Craigsville, Crimora, Crozet, Culpepper, Culpepper County, Danville, Dayton, Dublin, Elkton, Fincastle, Frederick County, Glasgow, Gordonsville, Goshen, Gretna, Grottoes, Halifax, Halifax County, Harrisonburg, Hedgesville, Hot Springs, Hurt, Jefferson County, Lacey Spring, LaCrosse, Lake Monticello, Lexington, Louisa. Louisa County, Lunenburg, Luray, Lynchburg, Madison, Madison County, Martinsville, McGaheysville, Mecklenburg, Middletown, Mineral, Montgomery County, Mountain View, Mount Clinton, Mount Crawford, New Hope, Orange, Orange County, Page County, Palmyra, Patrick County, Patrick Springs, Pittsylvania County, Pulaski, Pulaski County, Ranson, Rappahannock, Rappahannock County, Rivanna, Roanoke County, Rockbridge County, Rockingham County, Ruckersville, Salem, Shawsville, Shenandoah, Shenandoah County, South Boston, South Hill, Sperryville, Standardsville, Stanley, Staunton, Stephens City, Stephenson, Stuart, Stuarts Draft, Timberville, Troutville, Victoria, Warren County, Washington, Washington County, Waynesboro, Weyers Cave, Winchester.

WEST VIRGINIA
Berkeley County, Berkeley Springs, Bolivar, Charles Town, Hancock, Harpers Ferry, Hedgesville, Jefferson County, Martinsburg, Morgan County, Ranson, Shepardstown

NORTH CAROLINA
Caswell County, Yanceyville

Details on the new features available are detailed in the initial post in this thread. Additional information can be found at »www.xfinity.com/meetyourguide

Additional locations will be announced as they are confirmed. All locations are expected to be completed this year. Thanks for your patience.

mountlaurel
@comcast.net

mountlaurel

Anon

Nothing for Comcast of Garden State, NJ yet. I just need the Cable Card software update along with a lot of other Comcast Garden State customers.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Never even thought to look here at the beach house..

Still on S25 here in Rehoboth Beach...

SoJersySteve
@comcast.net

SoJersySteve to mountlaurel

Anon

to mountlaurel
Why should CCST care about Garden State Cable customers?!
We can't drop them for FiOS and Dish gives you DSL for Internet.

As they say, money talks, BS walks...
The Q
join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

The Q

said by SoJersySteve :

Why should CCST care about Garden State Cable customers?!
We can't drop them for FiOS and Dish gives you DSL for Internet.

As they say, money talks, BS walks...

I thought tha comcast had x1 available in all of New Jersey, is that an option for you?

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

FYI - This week's update on the S26 update deployment:

quote:
From ComcastTeds
6-21-2013 2:34 PM

SCHEDULE UPDATE

Customers in the areas listed below are currently scheduled to get the referenced on-screen guide updates and new features the week of June 24th.

DELAWARE
Bethel, Blades, Bowers Beach, Bridgeville, Camden, Cheswold, Clayton, Delmar, Dewey Beach, Dover, Dover Air Force Base, Ellendale, Farmington, Felton, Fenwick Island, Frederica, Georgetown, Greenwood, Harrington, Hartly, Henlopen Acres, Houston, Kent County, Kenton, Leipsic, Lewes, Lincoln, Little Creek, Magnolia, Milford, Milton, New Castle County, Rehoboth Beach, Reliance, Seaford, Selbyville, Slaughter Beach, Smyrna, Sussex County, Viola, Woodside, Wyoming.

MARYLAND
Church Creek, Eldorado, Berlin, Bethlehem, Brookview, Cambridge, Caroline County, Deal Island, Denton, East New Market, Federalsburg, Fruitland, Galestown, Goldsboro, Greensboro, Harmony, Hebron, Henderson, Hillsboro, Hurlock, Marydel, Nanticoke, Ocean City, Pocomoke City, Preston, Princess Anne, Queen Anne, Ridgely, Salisbury, Secretary, Sharptown, Snow Hill, Somerset County, Tyaskin, Vienna, Wicomico County, Worcester County

Details on the new features available are detailed in the initial post in this thread. Additional information can be found at »www.xfinity.com/meetyourguide

Additional locations will be announced as they are confirmed. All locations are expected to be completed this year. Thanks for your patience.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to The Q

to The Q
From what I've been seeing on the news, Xfinity is pushing the X2 service hard in their markets over the X1 service?
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by Mike Wolf:

From what I've been seeing on the news, Xfinity is pushing the X2 service hard in their markets over the X1 service?

It's the same thing. X2 is just a code name for the next major revision of the X1 Guide Software. It's the same platform with the same hardware, etc.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Nice so then the current hardware running the X1 software will just be upgraded to the X2 stuff? I thought they were still working all the bugs out of the X1 stuff.
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by Mike Wolf:

Nice so then the current hardware running the X1 software will just be upgraded to the X2 stuff? I thought they were still working all the bugs out of the X1 stuff.

The bugs they work out in X1 would likely apply to the X2 codebase. Also remember X2 isn't a real product just yet. It's something shown at a tradeshow. So I'm sure whatever they fix in the X1 codebase will be merged into the X2 one. The UI portion is basically just HTML5, so it can be updated rather easily.

From what I can gather X2 = X1 guide + revised HTML5 UI + integrated recommendations engine.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by SpHeRe31459:

Also remember X2 isn't a real product just yet. It's something shown at a tradeshow. So I'm sure whatever they fix in the X1 codebase will be merged into the X2 one. The UI portion is basically just HTML5, so it can be updated rather easily.

From what I can gather X2 = X1 guide + revised HTML5 UI + integrated recommendations engine.

The new tuner-less and disk-less XI3 "Cloud" DVR box will also become available along with the X2 "system" this fall.

More info on X2 and the XI3 box can be found here: »[X1-X2] The New X2 - The "Evolution" of the X1

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

»news.cnet.com/8301-33692 ··· ordings/

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
s26 deployed in Rehoboth Beach, DE overnight!

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

OK, good. Now if only they get South Jersey the update.

mountlaurel
@army.mil

mountlaurel

Anon

Yes - We (Garden State, NJ) customers need the cable card update. Last night almost all of my Premium channels when tuning to them said "Channel not Available". I can tell now when this happens - the screen blacks out for about 2 seconds and then the first channel I tune to I get the "Channel not Available" message.
mountlaurel

mountlaurel

Anon

Mike, Can you see if you can ask over at Comcast forum if the cable card update will be coming soon for Garden State, NJ customers. Having problems still with "Screen going out" and "Channels Not Available" message.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I've been busting my butt trying to get a straight answer and a firm time on the update for you guys but I'm getting stonewalled

SoJersySteve
@comcast.net

SoJersySteve

Anon

I asked about X1 platform for Garden State -- not available and only for NEW CUSTOMERS! Like getting a better rate for Triple Play, old customers can go to hell as far as Comcrap is concerned!

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by SoJersySteve :

I asked about X1 platform for Garden State -- not available and only for NEW CUSTOMERS! Like getting a better rate for Triple Play, old customers can go to hell as far as Comcrap is concerned!

According to statements from Comcast's Ted Hodgins in the Comcast Support forum, the X1 platform is available "in all areas of New Jersey" and that "eventually the current limitation for X1 to HD Triple Play customers will be removed." It seems in many areas, existing customers can get X1 if they upgrade to a triple-play package or to a higher-tier triple-play package.

quote:
... Our Motorola areas of New Jersey were one of the first to get AnyRoom DVR as well as the most recent version of the guide software. The X1 Experience has been available in NJ since November 2012 (at least a lightyear!)

The sequence of product deployments hinges on many factors; some of those include other customer and business impacting projects, contractual issues, legal issues, weather, staffing, any moratoriums around holidays and big events where we don’t want to impact our customers and the business.

The X1 Experience is the eventual goal for all of our high-end cable boxes regardless of geography or existing plant infrastructure. We do have the X1 Guide running in customer homes in all areas of New Jersey (and many other areas in both Motorola and Cisco footprints).

X1 is the standard for all new HD Triple Play installations now (in areas where it is available, including all areas of New Jersey).

Eventually the current limitation for X1 to HD Triple Play customers will be removed. You will hear more about the timing of that publicly as this starts to become the norm in each area.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to SoJersySteve

to SoJersySteve
yeah, they said that should be changing later this year (or so) but I agree with you that it's outrageous how their treating their current customers. They've lost sight of what's important, keeping customers, over gaining many many new ones to compete with Verizon.