Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
reply to Jim_in_VA

Re: [General] Home Fusion install scheduled

Must have overlooked that. When it first came out, it was like $199 which included the equipment and install, then it was like $100 off. So, now its free a free install?

I'll look back on the site, I honestly didn't read every line.

thx.

said by Jim_in_VA:

According to the website "Installation included and no activation fee" ... so its free with a two year contract.

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL

For how much they charge for service, I would think the install would be free. After 2 months of service, the rest is profit.

isp10002

join:2012-10-24
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Dish Network
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to compuguybna

When I signed up for homefusion got the equipment for free,but anyways they said they could install homefusion for me but the tech said i was getting 28% signal strength,we refused to install it,but are looking into a possible cable company in our area

pioneer56

join:2008-03-21
Michigan
reply to Uxbfool_t

At 28% is your area fully upgraded to LTE yet? I know cable would be all around better if you can get it, but for most of us it isn't ever going to happen.

isp10002

Yeah I have 4g in my area cuz i use it on my phone,and i get only 2 bars

Thumpernator

join:2012-08-05
Senoia, GA

Checked again to see if HF was available yet and it isn't. Verizon map shows us in the solid 4G LTE area but their software still says no. Anyway, we got the Verizon Jetpack about 3 months ago. It was operated flawlessly in 4G all this time. Even with the JP in my basement it stays in 4G. If it wasn't for the cost per Gig and wanting an Open NAT for gaming, I wouldn't even be considering HF.

I was thinking about going down to the Verizon Store to see if they could over-ride the system until I read of all the disconnect problems in another thread. Maybe HF is still too much of a Beta product to push the availability concern with Verizon. Still waiting to hear from some of you guys who said you'd report back after your installation. How about it? Love it, hate it, any problems?

Oh, I just gotta tell you guys about the call from HughesNet after I cancelled their sorry service. I'm sitting in my man cave playing Halo 4 online with 4 friends and HughesNet calls me. I put them on the speakerphone and left the sound up on my game.

HN: How are you this evening?

Me: Doing great. Playing Halo online with some friends.

HN: So I guess you're enjoying your HughesNet service.

Me: Are you kidding me? You can't play online with HN. I'm using Verizon 4G to play online.

During all this, the audio from the game is really booming through my Surround Sound system and sub-woofer. Weapons firing and all kinds of stuff blowing up.

HN: We're sorry to see you leave the HughesNet family. Why are you leaving?

Me: You have to ask? Oh, of course you do. You're reading from a script. No offense to you, as you're only an employee doing your job, but HN sucks the big one.

I went on about the slow speeds, high Ping (1100 or so), and the fact you never talk to someone who has English as their first language unless it's a sales goon. Tech support is always Ali Baba.

Anyway, I hadn't had that much fun in a LONG time. It was just one of those moments you usually only dream about. Sure was a pleasure to FIRE HughesNet.

Back on topic. So, any news to report about installation and operational problems with HF?

isp10002

reply to Uxbfool_t

So glad I dident go through with the homefusion install, frontier offered me 7 maps dsl service and speeds can be possibly higher install Friday.

buckweet1980

join:2011-12-31
Allen, TX

said by isp10002:

So glad I dident go through with the homefusion install, frontier offered me 7 maps dsl service and speeds can be possibly higher install Friday.

With the current gen of wireless services available I would never go wireless over wired if you have the choice. I purchased a homefusion setup for my dad because he has no other choice. He's been happy with it, but has had the issues where the service goes dark due to the firmware problems. Meanwhile my FIOS service is rock solid, couldn't be happier with it. And I don't have to watch my usage each month.

isp10002

Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Dish Network
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to Uxbfool_t

No before the install frontier would not install equipment, when the home fusion installer came I was told he would no recommend it. And after alot of crap with frontier they installed dsl service, I would never Ever go for wireless for my home Internet Cuz of the dumb caps and high prices, dsl is awesome:P

WI Fire

join:2005-01-26
Hudson, WI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to Uxbfool_t

I had it installed 2 days ago. It took ~2 hours.

In this area, Verizon is using contracted DirecTV installers. The installer used "Open Signal" to test the signal strength on his cellphone, then walked around with the cantenna to find where it got the best signal. We ended up on the porch roof - that will be moved this summer when I re-roof the house. The installer did say that they are required to use the Verizon-provided mount, and can't mount to any existing masts, etc.

This morning, I am getting speeds of 25.99 down, 8.87 up.

LTE4LIFE

join:2013-02-28

looks like you're rocking away... now comes the inability to stay below your monthly data allowance... I'm curious what package you have? If you have the 30GB, your first 2 months they may tease you with a 45GB promo deal, which will be great, but then on that 3rd month, they'll chop your legs off at 30GB and then your $140 a month bill may frequently be over the $200 mark due to overage fees..

rb5505

join:2013-02-06
Stoughton, WI

1 edit
reply to WI Fire

$70/mo no tax for 20gb/mo verizon 4g......»millenicom.com/plans/#hotspot-plan

the verizon hotspot plan is $130+taxes/mo for 20gb, plus the gift of a 2 yr contract. in addition, if you go month to month with verizon's hotspot plan (like millenicom), the same mifi costs $269 instead of $99 with millenicom.

for me, home fusion was never in the running once i read a few dozen reviews. and again, the contract pricing was ridiculous. millenicom from what i found, was easily the best value for anyone with limited choices.

LTE4LIFE

I'm looking into possibly going with Millenicom's BYOD plan with Sprint's LTE that's in my area now. $70 per month for 50GB. I just have to locate a U770 USB for the Cradlepoint MBR95.

After haggling with VZW, the only thing they will do is release me from my contract with no ETF because they claim the problems I'm having with the random disconnects is because I'm in a fringe area and the signal is not that good. According to the HF router, the signal is great. I'm thinking it more has to do with their network and how they have DHCP setup on LTE. The signal isn't dropping off from what I can tell, it's the IP network releasing the assigned IP and then it takes 10-15 mins for it to come back up. Each time it does it gets a different IP address in one of 3-4 different IP ranges.

admin123

@myvzw.com

HF isnt all that great i agree if you hook up ooma or any voip it will disconnect alot sad it all you can do is like sat isp that is nothing lol.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
reply to LTE4LIFE

You can also use a Sierra Tri-Fi Hotspot on Millenicom BYOD
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

WI Fire

join:2005-01-26
Hudson, WI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to LTE4LIFE

I'm on the 20GB/mo plan (including my cellphone) for now. It's easy to monitor data usage on Verizon's website, although I've heard the horror stories about the "undocumented overages". But I'm also in the boonies, and there aren't any wireline choices here.

LTE4LIFE

reply to Jim_in_VA

I don't think that would work with the (2) Engenius radios that I use to link 2 homes that are 500ft. apart. Unless I use the Linksys WRT310N I have and set it up as a client router in wireless mode and point it to the SSID of the Tri-Fi..