uniqs

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna to elitegamer21

to elitegamer21

Re: [General] Home Fusion install scheduled

The device/tower is not capable.

Running 30sec speedtest will always inflate the end results!

BUT...if you thinking you're getting that speed...well, go right ahead and brag! :->
said by elitegamer21:

wanna bet ?

elitegamer21
join:2012-05-12

elitegamer21 to compuguybna

to compuguybna
LMAO sat guy on hughes looking at real pings and noy 4k plus.
elitegamer21

elitegamer21 to compuguybna

to compuguybna
Yes it is even on testmy.net i seen people get 68 down.
elitegamer21

elitegamer21

Im not talking with someone who dont even have real broadband and is on sat it's pointless.
elitegamer21

elitegamer21

:::.. Download Test Results ..:::
Download Connection:: 27825 Kbps or 27.2 Mbps
Download Test Size:: 12 MB or 12288 kB or 12582912 bytes
Download Speed:: 3478 kB/s or 3.4 MB/s
Tested At:: »TestMy.net version:12
Validation Link:: »testmy.net/db/B4HfU6M
Test Time:: 2012-05-16 09:54:29 Local Time
1MB Download in 0.29 Seconds - 1GB Download in ~5 Minutes - 497X faster than 56K
This test of exactly 12288 kB took 3.533 seconds to complete
Running at 391% of hosts average (Wireless Data Service Provider Corporation)
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_4) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.46 Safari/536.5 [!]
Lamiel
join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI

Lamiel to uxbfool6

to uxbfool6
Congrats. The 30GB plan is the only one that makes any sense to me, and only if you're really flush. I would never be able to afford that myself, so... Millenicom to the rescue!
Lamiel

Lamiel to scorp64

to scorp64
said by scorp64:

Well I'm jealous. We called yesterday to try and get HomeFusion installed and were told no. They said its because they "can't guarantee a consistent connection." Even though they acknowledge we have 4G in our area and even though my Xoom tablet with 4G has a consistent connection, even in our basement.

Take a look at www.millenicom.com. I know I've already pushed them in this thread (a couple of times), but just in case you didn't see the previous posts, I wanted to make sure you knew your options.
Lamiel

Lamiel to compuguybna

to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

Hi ScooterRC, the only reason I was questioning the original speedtest.net test was that . . .
the theoretical LIMIT of the HomeFusion 4G LTE is about 12mbps down, and 5mpbs up (not sure whether that's a limit of the TOWER, or cantenna (antenna).

How far are you away from the LTE tower?

There is another speedtest I try sometimes . . .

»www.internetfrog.com/myp ··· edtest2/

something else that might be going on is....like cable HSI, there is sometimes a "powerboost" during the first minute or two of the download. not sure if LTE does this or not, but it would definately inflate your download speed, since most speedtests are less than 20-30 seconds (which is the time frame for the powerboost).

ALSO, LTE is for the most part "under-used" in some communities. Until more smartphones hop on, you might see your tower is under-utilized. HomeFusion was used to bring revenue in that aspect as well.

anyway, those look like great speeds.....Just down blow thru your cap doing speedtests all the time!!!

Keep us updated! My brother is outside cable/dsl, and I might recommend this to him if it proves to be a winner (He is 5 miles from the LTE tower).

I believe that the 5-12 down and 2-5 up estimate is not at all a contrived or controlled limitation. As I understand it, Verizon is merely giving that as the ball-park figure in order to keep people's expectations in check. The last I knew, Verizon was using those same numbers on all their LTE advertising, including smartphones and hotspot devices.
ScooterRC
join:2012-05-15
Fresno, CA

ScooterRC to compuguybna

to compuguybna
I just downloaded a 1.1GB file that I have been waiting for(Darn mifi device with 10GB limit) and it took ~9.5 minutes. From that "test" I would say that there is no "speed boost" feature on the LTE. The tech did say I had the best signal he had seen in his short time installing HomeFushion.

As for the tower, the tech said it was south/east of my location. I did not know there was a tower in that direction. I will have to search for the location to determin how far away I am from it. Any clue as to how I can find it easily?

For anybody concerned with going over your GB limit, I have used the mifi 4510L for a while with the 10GB limit and usually use between 9 and 12GB a month. I am currently going to school and I game heavily on the ps3. I do have to stay away from heavy youtube watching and Netflix is out of the question.

For anybody looking into this device I would say that so far it is great. Higher GB limit and a lot better speeds. I think the biggest part of the speed is because of the dedicated outdoor antenna(cantenna). Also I have had problems with my mifi device staying connected to the 4G network. It always wanted to switch back to 3G for some reason. So far this device I have had no issues.

compuguybna
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

Keep us posted! Looks like ALOT better than a sat. alternative. Exede 12mbps looked like an alternative, but homeFusion has higher limits. My brother is needing faster internet bad.

PS. Any way to tell your signal levels in a diagnostic page.
Should be measured as a figure called RSSI and EC/IO
said by ScooterRC:

I just downloaded a 1.1GB file that I have been waiting for(Darn mifi device with 10GB limit) and it took ~9.5 minutes. From that "test" I would say that there is no "speed boost" feature on the LTE. The tech did say I had the best signal he had seen in his short time installing HomeFushion.

As for the tower, the tech said it was south/east of my location. I did not know there was a tower in that direction. I will have to search for the location to determin how far away I am from it. Any clue as to how I can find it easily?

For anybody concerned with going over your GB limit, I have used the mifi 4510L for a while with the 10GB limit and usually use between 9 and 12GB a month. I am currently going to school and I game heavily on the ps3. I do have to stay away from heavy youtube watching and Netflix is out of the question.

For anybody looking into this device I would say that so far it is great. Higher GB limit and a lot better speeds. I think the biggest part of the speed is because of the dedicated outdoor antenna(cantenna). Also I have had problems with my mifi device staying connected to the 4G network. It always wanted to switch back to 3G for some reason. So far this device I have had no issues.

ScooterRC
join:2012-05-15
Fresno, CA

ScooterRC to Uxbfool

to Uxbfool
Four days and not one problem. Still have great speeds and no disconnects. I'll update again in a few weeks.
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7

God I hope they increase the caps a bit and balance out the cost for use ratio.. I'll be signing up if they can make it where I can actually enjoy the service without feeling like a gun is pointed at my head

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08

Premium Member

said by decifal7:

God I hope they increase the caps a bit and balance out the cost for use ratio.. I'll be signing up if they can make it where I can actually enjoy the service without feeling like a gun is pointed at my head

^ this. Id hate to turn my computer on and steam starts to download a game all over again. With faster speeds I would hit the cap much quicker. With my 3G, I can stop the download without that much damage done to my usage cap for the month.

sorrows182
@rr.com

sorrows182

Anon

I would like the data cap/cost ratio to balance out a bit more then I'll be jumping on this as well.
elitegamer21
join:2012-05-12

elitegamer21

Homefusion is great.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

very impressive
pioneer56
join:2008-03-21
Michigan

pioneer56

I'd dump our unlimited grandfathered account in a heartbeat if they had reasonable caps for the price. But I doubt they ever will.

krenn
join:2006-08-23
Somerset, PA

krenn

I agree, would love to have this. The price/cap ratio is a non starter for me though. Someday they might learn they can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Lamiel
join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI

Lamiel

As long as they're catching any flies at all, they'll convince themselves it's a win. If they ever upped the caps on HomeFusion, they'd have to admit that the current caps on their 4G smartphone plans are groundless, and then their cash-cow would lose a lot of weight.

krenn
join:2006-08-23
Somerset, PA

krenn

You're probably spot on with that.

Testcase
@myvzw.com

Testcase to Breezy

Anon

to Breezy
I can't seem to get the install parameters, i.e. how high can the antenna be mounted, how is the coax run within the house etc. It seems like all of the buz with "professional install" might be of a concern to the homeowner and installer as well.
SmartWater
join:2009-07-03

SmartWater to compuguybna

to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

You know speedtest.net inflates speedtests, dont you?????
those results are not accurate!
any test hosted by OOKLA are inflated.

Try testmy.net and I bet you don't get the same (more accurate, doesn't use java or flash based tests)...

This is total BS. I do speedtests all the time on speedtest.net and they match up directly with my practical speeds using bT or usenet.

sad
@12.189.32.x

sad

Anon

no 4g in the woods where i live but my local verizon reseller swears it will be here soon.

compuguybna
Nashville, TN

compuguybna to SmartWater

to SmartWater
the POINT was . . . . elitegamer21 is NOT getting 46mbps out of a HomeFusion Verizon 4G LTE device . . . . .

Java and flash based speedtests are notoriously inflated (especially with cable and speedboost). Dispute if you like.
said by SmartWater:

said by compuguybna:

You know speedtest.net inflates speedtests, dont you?????
those results are not accurate!
any test hosted by OOKLA are inflated.

Try testmy.net and I bet you don't get the same (more accurate, doesn't use java or flash based tests)...

This is total BS. I do speedtests all the time on speedtest.net and they match up directly with my practical speeds using bT or usenet.

compuguybna

compuguybna to Uxbfool

to Uxbfool
Click for full size
Verizon
Now tell me that a VERIZON speedtest using OOKLA isn't inflated! LOL

verizonlteda
@myvzw.com

verizonlteda to compuguybna

Anon

to compuguybna
Yes you can hit 40+ easy not in all areas just like any internet it varys by area. i avg 20+ 7 days/ 24 hours. i hit 30-40+ few times a day.
Merlin3100
join:2012-06-13
Hampstead, MD

Merlin3100 to ScooterRC

to ScooterRC
Good for you. Can you let me know if you get a public or privet IP address when you get on-line? I'm considering home fusion but I need to get a public IP like an IP that starts with 75.###.##.### instead of a privet IP like 10.###.##.###.

If you go to a site like "What is my IP" it will give you this info if you don't know an other way to get it.

Thank you in advance.

robert.smyth3100@gmail.com

merlin31000
@army.mil

merlin31000 to Uxbfool

Anon

to Uxbfool
Can you tell us if you get a public or privet IP address? Go to one of the web site like "What is my IP", and see what it is. I'm concidering Home Fusion but I need public IP's like one that starts with 75.###.###.##, not a privet IP that starts with 10.###.###.##.

That would be a grate help if you can provide that info and thank you in advance.

verizonlteda
@myvzw.com

verizonlteda

Anon

My public address starts with Your public IP address is 166.152
verizonlteda

verizonlteda

Anon

Just show you i get this speed all day long heres speedtest ftom testmy.net cause comp dont think speedtest.net is right lol.

:::.. Download Test Results ..:::
Download Connection:: 27880 Kbps or 27.2 Mbps
Download Test Size:: 12 MB or 12288 kB or 12582912 bytes
Download Speed:: 3485 kB/s or 3.4 MB/s
Tested At:: »TestMy.net version:12
Validation Link:: »testmy.net/db/Slti0GZ
Test Time:: 2012-06-30 12:34:01 Local Time
1MB Download in 0.29 Seconds - 1GB Download in ~5 Minutes - 498X faster than 56K
This test of exactly 12288 kB took 3.526 seconds to complete
Running at 697% of hosts average (Verizon Wireless)
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_4) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.47 Safari/536.11 [!]