Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ScooterRC

join:2012-05-15
Fresno, CA
reply to Uxbfool

Re: [General] Home Fusion install scheduled

Four days and not one problem. Still have great speeds and no disconnects. I'll update again in a few weeks.

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1
God I hope they increase the caps a bit and balance out the cost for use ratio.. I'll be signing up if they can make it where I can actually enjoy the service without feeling like a gun is pointed at my head

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX
said by decifal:

God I hope they increase the caps a bit and balance out the cost for use ratio.. I'll be signing up if they can make it where I can actually enjoy the service without feeling like a gun is pointed at my head

^ this. Id hate to turn my computer on and steam starts to download a game all over again. With faster speeds I would hit the cap much quicker. With my 3G, I can stop the download without that much damage done to my usage cap for the month.

sorrows182

@rr.com
I would like the data cap/cost ratio to balance out a bit more then I'll be jumping on this as well.

elitegamer21

join:2012-05-12

Homefusion is great.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
very impressive

pioneer56

join:2008-03-21
Michigan
I'd dump our unlimited grandfathered account in a heartbeat if they had reasonable caps for the price. But I doubt they ever will.

krenn

join:2006-08-23
Somerset, PA
I agree, would love to have this. The price/cap ratio is a non starter for me though. Someday they might learn they can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Lamiel

join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI
Reviews:
·Skyweb Online
As long as they're catching any flies at all, they'll convince themselves it's a win. If they ever upped the caps on HomeFusion, they'd have to admit that the current caps on their 4G smartphone plans are groundless, and then their cash-cow would lose a lot of weight.
--
Core2Quad Q9450 @ 3.4GHz, XFX 780i SLI mobo, MSI GTX 560 OC, 4GB Patriot Viper DDR2-1066, Samsung 20x optical, Samsung F3 1TB HDD, Antec TP3 650 watt PSU, CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case, Win7 Home Premium 64 bit...

krenn

join:2006-08-23
Somerset, PA
You're probably spot on with that.

Testcase

@myvzw.com
reply to Breezy
I can't seem to get the install parameters, i.e. how high can the antenna be mounted, how is the coax run within the house etc. It seems like all of the buz with "professional install" might be of a concern to the homeowner and installer as well.

SmartWater

join:2009-07-03
reply to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

You know speedtest.net inflates speedtests, dont you?????
those results are not accurate!
any test hosted by OOKLA are inflated.

Try testmy.net and I bet you don't get the same (more accurate, doesn't use java or flash based tests)...

This is total BS. I do speedtests all the time on speedtest.net and they match up directly with my practical speeds using bT or usenet.

sad

@12.189.32.x
no 4g in the woods where i live but my local verizon reseller swears it will be here soon.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
reply to SmartWater
the POINT was . . . . elitegamer21 is NOT getting 46mbps out of a HomeFusion Verizon 4G LTE device . . . . .

Java and flash based speedtests are notoriously inflated (especially with cable and speedboost). Dispute if you like.

said by SmartWater:

said by compuguybna:

Try testmy.net and I bet you don't get the same (more accurate, doesn't use java or flash based tests)...

This is total BS. I do speedtests all the time on speedtest.net and they match up directly with my practical speeds using bT or usenet.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
reply to Uxbfool
Click for full size
Verizon
Now tell me that a VERIZON speedtest using OOKLA isn't inflated! LOL

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
reply to compuguybna
Yes you can hit 40+ easy not in all areas just like any internet it varys by area. i avg 20+ 7 days/ 24 hours. i hit 30-40+ few times a day.

Merlin3100

join:2012-06-13
Hampstead, MD
reply to ScooterRC
Good for you. Can you let me know if you get a public or privet IP address when you get on-line? I'm considering home fusion but I need to get a public IP like an IP that starts with 75.###.##.### instead of a privet IP like 10.###.##.###.

If you go to a site like "What is my IP" it will give you this info if you don't know an other way to get it.

Thank you in advance.

robert.smyth3100@gmail.com

merlin31000

@army.mil
reply to Uxbfool
Can you tell us if you get a public or privet IP address? Go to one of the web site like "What is my IP", and see what it is. I'm concidering Home Fusion but I need public IP's like one that starts with 75.###.###.##, not a privet IP that starts with 10.###.###.##.

That would be a grate help if you can provide that info and thank you in advance.

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
My public address starts with Your public IP address is 166.152

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
Just show you i get this speed all day long heres speedtest ftom testmy.net cause comp dont think speedtest.net is right lol.

:::.. Download Test Results ..:::
Download Connection:: 27880 Kbps or 27.2 Mbps
Download Test Size:: 12 MB or 12288 kB or 12582912 bytes
Download Speed:: 3485 kB/s or 3.4 MB/s
Tested At:: »TestMy.net version:12
Validation Link:: »testmy.net/db/Slti0GZ
Test Time:: 2012-06-30 12:34:01 Local Time
1MB Download in 0.29 Seconds - 1GB Download in ~5 Minutes - 498X faster than 56K
This test of exactly 12288 kB took 3.526 seconds to complete
Running at 697% of hosts average (Verizon Wireless)
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_4) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.47 Safari/536.11 [!]

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
Now speedtest.net, As you can see vzw lte is faster than COMP trys to clam it isnt.

A2JetGuy

join:2012-07-13
Whitmore Lake, MI
HomeFusion router questions for anyone who might know:

1) I'd like to use the HomeFusion router to wirelessly connect my AppleTV in one room to my computer in another room. Does this router allow that, or does it only allow connected devices to access the Internet and not each other?

2) is it possible to use my own Apple Airport Extreme with the HomeFusion? I get great coverage with it throughout my home and would prefer to use it.

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
Yes i use homefusion connect to my apple tv works great.

mattt7

join:2010-01-30
Indiana, PA
reply to Uxbfool
Can HomeFusion connect to 3G too or is it 4G only?
I'm just worried that my 4G signal won't be too strong where I live.

Thanks in advance

hotpass105

join:2008-06-16
Gainesville, GA
reply to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

That's really ignorant. No speedtest.net doesn't inflate your scores. You are going to see very good results, because in most cases you're connected to a fast server that is near your home. Testmy.net is much less accurate, because you're connecting to a server in Texas, and if you live out of the United States or just on the other side of the country your going to see lower speeds. I get 30 Mb/s to Atlanta, but I can barely push 10 Mb/s to Washington. (State)

hotpass105

join:2008-06-16
Gainesville, GA
reply to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

Now tell me that a VERIZON speedtest using OOKLA isn't inflated! LOL

Once again. You know not of what you speak. The IP in that picture is a sever's IP which hosts a website.

IP address 208.97.140.21
Hostname box.houkouonchi.jp
ISP New Dream Network, LLC
How to handle an abusive or fraud mail
abuse@dreamhost.com

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to Uxbfool
OOKLA is well known for not always being accurate. On some rare occasions I have had it report my internet speed as being over 15mbps, but I can assure you my internet speed has never reached even 1.5mbps.

With that said I do not think this is one of those occasions. Keep in mind Home Fusion is going to have a lot more ideal conditions than that of a cell phone. If you are in an area where there is no one on your tower, your speeds are typically going to be very fast. The 12/5 speed mentioned by Verizon is not a limit, only a goal or expected average. It could be a lot faster and it could be a lot slower.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Metrocast Commun..

1 edit
reply to mattt7
pretty sure Verizon will not install HomeFusion unless you are in a covered area and can receive adequate signal. So, its really not a gamble, either you get it or they won't install it.

It is 4G/LTE only - no 3G capability.
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

mc1lean

join:2007-11-18
Lincolnton, NC
reply to Uxbfool
Anybody know who makes the router inside? Several of us have been hassling Cradlepoint about the software imposed 16M limit they fessed up to on the evdo forums (3gstore).

I'm currently running my world with a netbook using ICS to serve the UML290 modem to a) connect at all because the router can't connect lately where the netbook can and b) get past the limit. Before I go buy a brain dead cheap little computer (so I can get my netbook back), I'd rather buy a router that can support the uml290 and connect.

My fear though is that my signal (even with a yagi) is too weak to support these routers - I'm sure I won't be able to get homefusion yet for that reason.

If it weren't for those greater than 16M speeds (as measured by speedtest ), I'd wonder if the homefusion is a cradlepoint.

Blood Washed

@clearwire-dns.net
Anyone tried HomeFusion with online multi-player (Xbox Live/PSN)? Any noticable lag?

I have Clearwire (3G). It barely works for MP/Online co-op in the winter months and not at all in the summer.

Thanks