how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
reply to verizonlteda

Re: [General] Home Fusion install scheduled

Now speedtest.net, As you can see vzw lte is faster than COMP trys to clam it isnt.

A2JetGuy

join:2012-07-13
Whitmore Lake, MI

HomeFusion router questions for anyone who might know:

1) I'd like to use the HomeFusion router to wirelessly connect my AppleTV in one room to my computer in another room. Does this router allow that, or does it only allow connected devices to access the Internet and not each other?

2) is it possible to use my own Apple Airport Extreme with the HomeFusion? I get great coverage with it throughout my home and would prefer to use it.

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com

Yes i use homefusion connect to my apple tv works great.

mattt7

join:2010-01-30
Indiana, PA
reply to Uxbfool_t

Can HomeFusion connect to 3G too or is it 4G only?
I'm just worried that my 4G signal won't be too strong where I live.

Thanks in advance

hotpass105

join:2008-06-16
Gainesville, GA
reply to compuguybna

said by compuguybna:

You know speedtest.net inflates speedtests, dont you?????
those results are not accurate!
any test hosted by OOKLA are inflated.

Try testmy.net and I bet you don't get the same (more accurate, doesn't use java or flash based tests)...

That's really ignorant. No speedtest.net doesn't inflate your scores. You are going to see very good results, because in most cases you're connected to a fast server that is near your home. Testmy.net is much less accurate, because you're connecting to a server in Texas, and if you live out of the United States or just on the other side of the country your going to see lower speeds. I get 30 Mb/s to Atlanta, but I can barely push 10 Mb/s to Washington. (State)

hotpass105

Gainesville, GA
reply to compuguybna

said by compuguybna:

Now tell me that a VERIZON speedtest using OOKLA isn't inflated! LOL

Once again. You know not of what you speak. The IP in that picture is a sever's IP which hosts a website.

IP address 208.97.140.21
Hostname box.houkouonchi.jp
ISP New Dream Network, LLC
How to handle an abusive or fraud mail
abuse@dreamhost.com

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to Uxbfool_t

OOKLA is well known for not always being accurate. On some rare occasions I have had it report my internet speed as being over 15mbps, but I can assure you my internet speed has never reached even 1.5mbps.

With that said I do not think this is one of those occasions. Keep in mind Home Fusion is going to have a lot more ideal conditions than that of a cell phone. If you are in an area where there is no one on your tower, your speeds are typically going to be very fast. The 12/5 speed mentioned by Verizon is not a limit, only a goal or expected average. It could be a lot faster and it could be a lot slower.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Metrocast Commun..

1 edit
reply to mattt7

pretty sure Verizon will not install HomeFusion unless you are in a covered area and can receive adequate signal. So, its really not a gamble, either you get it or they won't install it.

It is 4G/LTE only - no 3G capability.
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

mc1lean

join:2007-11-18
Lincolnton, NC
reply to Uxbfool_t

Anybody know who makes the router inside? Several of us have been hassling Cradlepoint about the software imposed 16M limit they fessed up to on the evdo forums (3gstore).

I'm currently running my world with a netbook using ICS to serve the UML290 modem to a) connect at all because the router can't connect lately where the netbook can and b) get past the limit. Before I go buy a brain dead cheap little computer (so I can get my netbook back), I'd rather buy a router that can support the uml290 and connect.

My fear though is that my signal (even with a yagi) is too weak to support these routers - I'm sure I won't be able to get homefusion yet for that reason.

If it weren't for those greater than 16M speeds (as measured by speedtest ), I'd wonder if the homefusion is a cradlepoint.

Blood Washed

@clearwire-dns.net

Anyone tried HomeFusion with online multi-player (Xbox Live/PSN)? Any noticable lag?

I have Clearwire (3G). It barely works for MP/Online co-op in the winter months and not at all in the summer.

Thanks

hotpass105

Gainesville, GA

I can get ~55ms ping from a 4G phone so a stronger fixed lte service should work even better for gaming. Most home users have sub 30 Ms ping though.

verizonltda

@myvzw.com
reply to Blood Washed

I play on PS3 call of duty black ops works great no/ little lag.

Cattlelady

join:2012-08-01
Taneytown, MD
reply to Uxbfool_t

The router is made by Technicolor, tested by Intertek, made in Vietnam.

Got mine installed Monday and am amazed at the speed I am getting. Was using a parabolic grid with a Wilson Amp to get a 3G signal. 4G signal was strong and ended up we were able to use the cables and location I had with a Hughesnet dish. I've had readings as high as 30 Mb/s and as low as 20 on speedtest.net. I ran the test on that other website the guy mentioned and got same sort of speeds. Upload, the worst is 2+ but mostly 5 to 7.

Needless to say I am thrilled!!!

Cattlelady

Taneytown, MD
reply to sad

Keep checking. Verizon is not notifying anyone. I happened to borrow a cell phone from a neighbor and noticed he had a 4G signal. But I didn't have it a quarter of a mile away. Verizon store told me to check every week, sure enough two weeks later the signal is at my house. They can expand it in bands. So far they aren't advertising it or anything, I had to go in and ask and that's how I learned about HomeFusion. Installer said they are doing about 40 installations a week with it unannounced.

They could tell at the store whether I qualified for the site inspection which they do before (but at the same time) as the installation.

astraelraen

reply to Uxbfool_t

Does anyone know if the Home Fusion router has a SIM card you can access?

I'm wondering if I can use my unlimited 4G SIM card in the Home Fusion router.

mc1lean

Lincolnton, NC
reply to Cattlelady

Thanks Cattlelady! I'll have to see if Technicolor sells a router.

If you look at the VZW coverage map, are you in an extended LTE area? I suspect they'll tell me to buzz off since I am and barely get 2 'bars' (-seventies RSSI, 13 SINR) in VZAM.
Sounds like they want 4 bars to make it work.

verizonltda

@myvzw.com
reply to astraelraen

I been trying to see where sim is too haha.

Cattlelady

Taneytown, MD
reply to astraelraen

No SIM card access

Oddly though it has standard phone jack connection which is covered, but the manual states that it is not used for anything. Something in the future maybe?

Cattlelady

Taneytown, MD
reply to mc1lean

Yes, I am in an extended area. I took a cell phone around the house outside and I don't have a consistent 4G signal and barely 2 bars for phone connection. So this gadget is pulling the signal in AND amplifying it.

verizonltda

@myvzw.com
reply to Cattlelady

VoLTE ? its coming soon this year i think.

Cattlelady

Taneytown, MD

Don't get my hopes up!!! LOL Maybe you are right, maybe that's why that phone connection is there.

Technology is so amazing and I have so little time to keep up on it!

I am one that has gone from a party line phone to now! Imagine if I can claim to have gone from a party line phone to 4G voip in a lifetime.

verizonltda

@myvzw.com

Yup VoLTE is gonna be great.

mc1lean

Lincolnton, NC
reply to Uxbfool_t

Called VZW store yesterday, they said I'm in a "low service" area (extended on the coverage page). Want me to come in to sign ze papers. So I'll make an appointment with Amanda, drive 30 miles to the nearest store, and sign up this weekend. Pretty draconian sign up method but us country folk can't be choosers.

Hope its worth it.

My Cradlepoint stopped connecting using a UML290 so I've got a netbook with the modem in it running windows ICS ("sharing the internet") with a dual band router hanging out of it. I need to stop fiddling with this crap and get back to work (so I can pay for all this crap).

verizonltda

@myvzw.com

Hope it works for you, HF is great.

mc1lean

Lincolnton, NC

Well I happened to pass another store today and they said I wasn't eligible in an extended area. I have to call Amanda back tomorrow to see why she thinks I'm eligible and the other store doesn't.

mc1lean

Lincolnton, NC
reply to Uxbfool_t

Today Amanda says that I can't get HF.

Verizonltda

@myvzw.com

Ouch, thats a blow for sure.

Cattlelady

Taneytown, MD
reply to mc1lean

Don't give up. keep checking back. It was 3 weeks before the signal made it a half mile to me. I just checked it every Monday until they finally said yes! LOL

Thumpernator

join:2012-08-05
Senoia, GA

I went to the Verizon store to order HF today. Their coverage map clearly shows my house in the Dark Red for 4G LTE coverage and my phone shows 4G with two bars even in my basement.

When they ran my address, their system says my address is not available for HF. Showed them the map and they agreed that I should be able to get it, but they couldn't order it if the system says no.

The salesperson said he would try to call the "Data" people tomorrow (Monday) for a work around.

Any advise?

Cattlelady

Taneytown, MD

Keep checking weekly. They seem to rolling it out slowly, maybe to keep from overwhelming installers. Or maybe there isn't an installer in your area yet? Is Senoia a rural area? That seems to be where they are installing these. My brother lives in a town with all kinds of other internet access and he can't get it even though he has the 4G signal on his phone.