Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cattlelady

join:2012-08-01
Taneytown, MD
reply to verizonltda

Re: [General] Home Fusion install scheduled

Don't get my hopes up!!! LOL Maybe you are right, maybe that's why that phone connection is there.

Technology is so amazing and I have so little time to keep up on it!

I am one that has gone from a party line phone to now! Imagine if I can claim to have gone from a party line phone to 4G voip in a lifetime.

verizonltda

@myvzw.com

Yup VoLTE is gonna be great.

mc1lean

join:2007-11-18
Lincolnton, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T Wireless Br..
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to Uxbfool_t

Called VZW store yesterday, they said I'm in a "low service" area (extended on the coverage page). Want me to come in to sign ze papers. So I'll make an appointment with Amanda, drive 30 miles to the nearest store, and sign up this weekend. Pretty draconian sign up method but us country folk can't be choosers.

Hope its worth it.

My Cradlepoint stopped connecting using a UML290 so I've got a netbook with the modem in it running windows ICS ("sharing the internet") with a dual band router hanging out of it. I need to stop fiddling with this crap and get back to work (so I can pay for all this crap).

verizonltda

@myvzw.com

Hope it works for you, HF is great.

mc1lean

Lincolnton, NC

Well I happened to pass another store today and they said I wasn't eligible in an extended area. I have to call Amanda back tomorrow to see why she thinks I'm eligible and the other store doesn't.

mc1lean

Lincolnton, NC
reply to Uxbfool_t

Today Amanda says that I can't get HF.

Verizonltda

@myvzw.com

Ouch, thats a blow for sure.

Cattlelady

Taneytown, MD
reply to mc1lean

Don't give up. keep checking back. It was 3 weeks before the signal made it a half mile to me. I just checked it every Monday until they finally said yes! LOL

Thumpernator

join:2012-08-05
Senoia, GA

I went to the Verizon store to order HF today. Their coverage map clearly shows my house in the Dark Red for 4G LTE coverage and my phone shows 4G with two bars even in my basement.

When they ran my address, their system says my address is not available for HF. Showed them the map and they agreed that I should be able to get it, but they couldn't order it if the system says no.

The salesperson said he would try to call the "Data" people tomorrow (Monday) for a work around.

Any advise?

Cattlelady

Taneytown, MD

Keep checking weekly. They seem to rolling it out slowly, maybe to keep from overwhelming installers. Or maybe there isn't an installer in your area yet? Is Senoia a rural area? That seems to be where they are installing these. My brother lives in a town with all kinds of other internet access and he can't get it even though he has the 4G signal on his phone.

Kamakzie

join:2001-08-13
Cedar Springs, MI

Make that measly 30 gig cap 100 gig and maybe.

Cattlelady

Taneytown, MD

Obviously the system isn't for you. It's for those of us who have only 3 options, dialup, satellite, and 3G with a 5 Gig limit.

In comparison this is fantastic for us!

Kamakzie

Cedar Springs, MI

said by Cattlelady:

Obviously the system isn't for you. It's for those of us who have only 3 options, dialup, satellite, and 3G with a 5 Gig limit.

In comparison this is fantastic for us!

True but with upwards of 20MBps you can burn through 30 gig in no time. Too bad they don't offer higher caps.

verizonltda

@myvzw.com

I dont burn through my gigs just because its fast dont mean you'll burn through it faster.

admin1234

@myvzw.com

Anyone know why ipv6 is not working on homefusion ? it shows it uses ipv6 with address but i go test it , And it says i have ipv4. what gives ?

Cattlelady

Taneytown, MD
reply to Kamakzie

I had 5 gig on 3G and never 'burned through' it, so I doubt I will burn through 10 gig.

Kamakzie

Cedar Springs, MI
reply to Uxbfool_t

If you want to do anything with multimedia viewing you will. I would like to watch things and 30 gigs would go fast. Surfing and a little youtubing would work though.

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com

Than HF isnt for you and never will be, simple really.

jac74

join:2004-11-14
Rochester, NY
reply to Uxbfool_t

So I have been reading about home fusion, and may have a need for it in a rural area. Question I have is, has anyone used a VoIP service on it or tested it? I need to know so I know if this will be an option for me. If anyone would be willing to test it, PM me and I can send credentials to be used in a softphone

Thanks

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com

I been using magicjack plus for 4 months and it works perfect.
I have home phone connect but MJ works so great i going to port number to MJ September.

Thumpernator

join:2012-08-05
Senoia, GA
reply to Thumpernator

Wanted to update my post. The "Data" people will not come out to check the signal. Said their computer program is accurate and to just keep checking. All this while my neighbor is currently using the Verizon JetPack (MIFI) on the 4G network. I borrowed their system and it works perfectly, even with the device in my basement.

I'd go with that system if it wasn't a LOT more expensive to get any decent download limit. Plus, I'd have to change my phone plan over to the Shared Plan and I currently still have the Unlimited Plan on my phones. Don't really want to give up my Unlimited Plan.

Well, I'm stuck with HughesNet until December anyway, unless I pay an early termination fee. I've had HN for 6 years but had to upgrade the modem 20 months ago when the old one failed. They really have you by the nads with their "you need a new modem and that requires a new two year contract" program.

BTW, I'm not out in the middle of nowhere and the local Verizon Store has sold a few systems and their installers are NOT overwhelmed with installation orders. I told the salesman that I thought they were in the business to sell service, so why not sell it to me? I'd take the risk of not getting the 4G signal, knowing that I have a solid 4 Bars with 4G on my phone upstairs and 3 Bars in my basement.

Anyway, in December I will either have HF or the JetPack and will send HughesNet and their support staff Ali Baba to the septic system.

jac74

join:2004-11-14
Rochester, NY
reply to verizonlteda

Thanks for the update. The location I need this doesnt have LTE yet, so I can't get it, but I know it is coming and want to make sure I can use VOIP on it. Do you notice any major fluctuations or is it pretty flawless?

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com

Its flawless.

Blood Washed

@clearwire-dns.net

Could someone run a Pingtest.net with HF and post the results (packet loss/ping/jitter)?

Much appreciated

Cattlelady

Taneytown, MD

That's in bad weather... will run one again later

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
reply to Blood Washed

Cattlelady

Taneytown, MD
reply to Blood Washed

Weather is a little better

Cattlelady

Taneytown, MD
reply to Blood Washed

this is the speedtest still with thunderstorms to the east and west of me.

Am I happy, yes I am!

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com

Yup HF is great no problem with voip .

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
reply to Blood Washed

Heres one more jitter/ ping test from 150 miles from me just show you voip is fine.