join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Count Zero

Re: [iPhone] iPhone5 will be bigger and have new dock connector

said by Count Zero:

That would be very unlikely given how successful Apple has been with the "Made For iPhone" ecosystem.

Thank you, someone who agrees with my first argument. It's too big a market to piss off.
--
Jake: "Four fried chickens, and a coke" Elwood: "And some dry white toast, please"

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Then they won't change the connector. It makes little sense. It isn't something you hardly ever touch like the sim card.
--
BUCK FELL ,,!,,('-'),,!,,

Jeremy W

join:2010-01-21
said by HiVolt:

Then they won't change the connector. It makes little sense. It isn't something you hardly ever touch like the sim card.

Hardly ever touch? Except every time I get in my car, every time I get home from work, every time I go to bed, etc...

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-27
Willoughby, OH
said by Jeremy W:

said by HiVolt:

Hardly ever touch? Except every time I get in my car, every time I get home from work, every time I go to bed, etc...

I think you might of mis read that.
--
Money can't buy you happiness ... But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
Apple does not care about pissing everyone off if they think they can make more money. One day their attitude will bite them in the ass hard

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO
Apple cares about designing the very best product they can, and have often made decisions that were not the most profitable. Their corporate structure is set up so that the design department reports to no one, and their designs cannot be modified by accounting or marketing. They do not care about pissing everyone off if it leads to what they think is a better product. Good try though, thanks for playing.
--
You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you.

DavisPhotog
Flyingphotog
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-26
Santa Rosa, CA
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

And even other companies use the Micro SIM cards... My new HTC One X takes a Micro SIM too.
--
I am the Flying Photog, see my website accordingly named Flyingphotog.com. User known formerly as zakooldude.

Jeremy W

join:2010-01-21

1 recommendation

reply to vukodlak75
said by vukodlak75:

said by Jeremy W:

said by HiVolt:

I think you might of mis read that.

I sure did. My mistake!

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY
reply to The Dv8or
said by The Dv8or:

Apple cares about designing the very best product they can, and have often made decisions that were not the most profitable. Their corporate structure is set up so that the design department reports to no one, and their designs cannot be modified by accounting or marketing. They do not care about pissing everyone off if it leads to what they think is a better product. Good try though, thanks for playing.

Changing the connector will not make the product better as you infer. All it will do is enhance Apple's bottom line as well as the bottom line of many other companies. It will NOT make the new iPhone any better, all what we'll do is piss off dedicated customers, something apple really doesn't care about!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to DavisPhotog
said by DavisPhotog:

said by HiVolt:

And even other companies use the Micro SIM cards... My new HTC One X takes a Micro SIM too.

MicroSims I have no issue with, it's easy enough to get from your service provider. It's rendering all my iCompatible products NFG, is what will truly tick me off.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO
reply to Msradell
said by Msradell:

Changing the connector will not make the product better as you infer. All it will do is enhance Apple's bottom line as well as the bottom line of many other companies. It will NOT make the new iPhone any better, all what we'll do is piss off dedicated customers, something apple really doesn't care about!

Apple went from the FireWire connector on an iPod to the dock connector. They went from the plugin power brick on their MBPs to MagSafe. ADB to USB. On and on and on. And they've yet to be broken up into pieces, sold, and money returned to shareholders.

You can make your same "bottom line, piss off customers" argument about when mini USB was changed to micro USB. Somehow the cell phone industry didnt collapse.
--
You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you.