how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gene32

join:2004-05-03
Reynoldsburg, OH

WOW_Dan, is it just me or has the streaming audio been fixed

I know you had a ticket open for my streaming audio problem with Arris but for the past few days/weeks, I can't remember the last time the audio has dropped while streaming from www.di.fm. It definitely seems better and possibly fixed. Can you confirm?

Thanks

PS If it was indeed fixed, and since I'm a curious kind of person, mind providing some of the technical details as to what the problem was? (If you have access to that information.)

DanDT

join:2010-04-21
Naperville, IL

said by gene32:

I know you had a ticket open for my streaming audio problem with Arris but for the past few days/weeks, I can't remember the last time the audio has dropped while streaming from www.di.fm. It definitely seems better and possibly fixed. Can you confirm?

Thanks

PS If it was indeed fixed, and since I'm a curious kind of person, mind providing some of the technical details as to what the problem was? (If you have access to that information.)

This is Dan, my account can't be logged into currently, since it was created after the restore point they've reverted back to for the time being.

I have not heard that this issue had been resolved. The ticket we have with Arris is still open, and is noted as a bug on their side. I would like to know approximately when you noticed this was resolved, as we did recently (about 2 weeks ago) roll out a new software version for the gateways and players. I'm thinking it might possibly have done something to fix this issue, if it is actually resolved.

gene32

Reynoldsburg, OH

said by DanDT:

said by gene32:

Thanks

This is Dan, my account can't be logged into currently, since it was created after the restore point they've reverted back to for the time being.

I have not heard that this issue had been resolved. The ticket we have with Arris is still open, and is noted as a bug on their side. I would like to know approximately when you noticed this was resolved, as we did recently (about 2 weeks ago) roll out a new software version for the gateways and players. I'm thinking it might possibly have done something to fix this issue, if it is actually resolved.

Yeah, I'd say it was about 2 weeks ago that it seemed to be fixed but I've been really busy lately and would stream the audio on and off for short amounts of time. Give me another day or two to test it and if I don't notice any problems, I guess we can call this issue closed. What I'll do tonight is make a point to let it stream for an hour or two and see if it dies.

Thanks for the follow up!

gene32

Reynoldsburg, OH
reply to DanDT

Glad to report that it's been about 90 minutes of non-stop, streaming music here. I'd say that whatever firmware update was pushed by you guys a few weeks ago fixed it. Guess we can consider this ticket closed.

Thanks!

DanDT

join:2010-04-21
Naperville, IL

said by gene32:

Glad to report that it's been about 90 minutes of non-stop, streaming music here. I'd say that whatever firmware update was pushed by you guys a few weeks ago fixed it. Guess we can consider this ticket closed.

Thanks!

Awesome, glad to hear that one's resolved. I will notify Arris they can close the ticket for this.