All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
maxxh_t
join:2012-05-03

maxxh_t

[Professions] Secondarys Professions.

So I just got Arch to 525 finally maxing out all of my secondaries. Ive always been into having them maxed just so my main feels complete. So for you guys, do you enjoy professions, just do them to min/max. or not do them at all?

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

I've got 20 level 85 alts. Needless to say I don't have the time to level all five professions on all of them. That said I only have one toon with all professions at max. All of my toons have their primary professions maxed out and I have all professions covered at least twice, once for the Horde and once for the Alliance.

Since the new Darkmoon Faire and the fishing and cooking dailies professions are a lot easier to max out. You can add 5 to all professions once a month by completing Darkmoon Faire quests. Most are quite easy.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I would hate to see the socks in your house.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Kilroy

to Kilroy
ROFL 5 skill ups once a month it will take years to max out a profession like that..

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to maxxh_t

Premium Member

to maxxh_t
I just maxed out Arch last week, as my fifth. I will never subject myself to that pain again. It makes fishing fun!

The only thing good I got is an on use item that makes me wear a viking helm and makes me tall, and it has only a one sec CD, not 4 hours like most cool items.

I also dropped mining and replaced it with enchanting this weekend. It cost me 60k gold to get it to 525 I could have done it cheaper by running low level instances for loot to d/e, but I didn't have the time. So now I have +40 int on my rings, for 60k, what a deal.
cymraeg_t

cymraeg_t

best Cleveland voice" oh you're livin la vida loca"

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to djlar

MVM

to djlar
said by djlar:

ROFL 5 skill ups once a month it will take years to max out a profession like that..

Depends on how big a hurry you're in. This weekend I added five points to fishing, first aid, and cooking on five or six toons. The fishing dailies are normally worth two or three skill points a day, one for the turn in and two that you get completing it.

The real place the five points come in handy is at the top end since you don't have to waste a bunch of expensive mats to cap.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by Kilroy:

said by djlar:

Depends on how big a hurry you're in. This weekend I added five points to fishing, first aid, and cooking on five or six toons. The fishing dailies are normally worth two or three skill points a day, one for the turn in and two that you get completing it.

The real place the five points come in handy is at the top end since you don't have to waste a bunch of expensive mats to cap.

I did that this weekend. Finished leveling Engineering to 525 by using the 5 points to go from 515 to 520.

I am going to have to do the enchanting one too on another character.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
Or for that toon you don't play much that you picked up herbing on and can't find any in dark shore
maxxh_t

maxxh_t

I think you need to have your profession at 75 or higher in order to be eligible for the +5 a month, if thats what you mean dark. cause i have a bunch of alts with arch at 1 and I noticed i couldn't pick up the quest.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya you have to have 75+ to pick up the DarkMoon prof quests

annoyingly on my preist I picked up herbing and didn't have to much issue with the night elf starting area to get to 75 but darkshore I haven't found one yet

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU

said by DarkLogix:

Ya you have to have 75+ to pick up the DarkMoon prof quests

annoyingly on my preist I picked up herbing and didn't have to much issue with the night elf starting area to get to 75 but darkshore I haven't found one yet

You mean the zone darkshore? The second nelf zone? How do you not trip over the mageroyal growing every freaking where? I was questing there on my herbalist rogue and it took longer cause I was picking herbs to stock up for MoP release and everyone wanting to PL proffs for their new Pandas and other race monks. Start at the quest hub where the flight from teldrassil takes you and fly clockwise staying along the inner mountain range border and when you reach the bottom fly back up just west of the main road down the center. All sorts of silverleaf, peacebloom and tons of mageroyal there. Skim the coast and you'll find stranglekelp there too.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well my priest is only 43 so no flying

I don't know but I do know the RNG gods hate me.
I installed gathermate2 but it seems it only tracks the ones you've found.
bpoff17
join:2009-03-31

bpoff17

said by DarkLogix:

Well my priest is only 43 so no flying

I don't know but I do know the RNG gods hate me.
I installed gathermate but it seems it only tracks the ones you've found.

You can get the gathermate data as well, this contains all the known nodes that have been reported back. I personally use Gatherer and download the database from WowHead (I think that's where it is).
cymraeg_t

cymraeg_t

for gathermate2 do you have to have gathermate, or is it stand alone.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to bpoff17

Premium Member

to bpoff17
Well I would use gatherer but it hasn't been updated in a few patches.

and sorry for leaving out the 2 but I installed gathermate2 is it ok to install both 1 and 2?

with 2 it seems to lack any old world nodes

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to cymraeg_t

to cymraeg_t
I use gathermate 2 by itself I believe. I used the data DL to get known (read reported by other players) nodes. I feel like I need to turn this off in some zones I have farmed since the data mined nodes and the collected nodes overlap a lot and on your map you start to get blobs of circles. It can make it harder to see the gold dot on your mini map, especially with 310 flying since I have had times where I fly by an area and realize there is a node behind me.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I added the gathermate2 data part so is there something you have to do to switch the data on?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by DarkLogix:

I added the gathermate2 data part so is there something you have to do to switch the data on?

There is an option in gathermate where you can get the data and import it. I turned off this portion because my map was just full of circles like bTU said.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Guess I'll have to hunt for it again

I downloaded gathermate2 data via curse client so I had assumed it'd be in the game and showing up.