Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

Fixed DHCP Client list not saving or switching around

UltraTV, the fixed DHCP client list to assign IP's to clients in order so they stay that IP forever... it's not sticking. Or it changes to a random IP number.

I have port forwarding that needs to happen thus I need my computer to have the same IP all the time. It's not happening. This is something that should have been caught in beta testing.

Also can someone resurrect that link that makes the changes in a DD-WRT firmware linksys router so it can be used as a wireless bridge? I'm fed up with the UltraTV wireless weak signal strength and going back to my linksys wireless router to handle all my wireless traffic.
Body Count

Body Count

It looks like after I set the IP for the MAC I want, if I reboot the router using the web interface menu, it's gone.

So router reboot kills it. How many times does WOW send a reboot command to our routers?
DanDT
join:2010-04-21
Naperville, IL

DanDT

Have you tried setting the IP statically on the device? In my experience with the product so far, if I set a static IP on the device, as long as it's within the scope of IP's in the DHCP server, it will automatically add it to the fixed IP pool, and it should be able to get online. Can you give that a try, and let me know what happens?
Body Count
Columbus, OH

Body Count

What happens if the router assigns that IP to something else before I turn on my computer? My computer will then have a duplicate IP and both will mess up.

This is why I wanted to set it in the router so I don't get a duplicate IP problem.
DanDT
join:2010-04-21
Naperville, IL

DanDT

When you set it on the device, it automatically populates into the DHCP client list a fixed IP.
Body Count
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

said by DanDT:

When you set it on the device, it automatically populates into the DHCP client list a fixed IP.

Ok but we are back to the first part. The DHCP list doesn't save after reboots or whenever it wants to. So when that happens, it starts handing out IP's to the stuff that's connected to it. My computer is off most of the day. If my computer is off when the DHCP list is wiped clean, and the router assigns the IP I have in my port forward list to something else.. like one of my remote cable boxes for example.. when I turn my computer on it will have an IP conflict.. and mess up both devices.

This is why the DHCP list needs to save.. even after router reboots.