Jan Janowski
Premium
join:2000-06-18
Skokie, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Jan Janowski

Re: [Connection Sharing] Connect camera (on 10 IP) to NAS (on 19

Thanks for the information... Still getting FTP CONNECT FAILS on test from camera to NAS through the routers...

In each of the routers, 10 and 192, I have a diagnostic page, where I can do a Ping and a traceroute to IP's....

On the 192 router I have Disabled "Block WAN Request".

On the 192 IP I can traceroute and ping the IP's on the 10 IP area:
Base IP of 10 router
10 IP of (WAN) of 192 router
The Camera on 10 Router.
As well as the 192 Router devices, NAS, and computers, printers...
From this I deduce that I can see 'upsteam' and '192 IP'

However... On the 10 IP Router diagnostic, I CAN Ping BUT CANNOT Traceroute The WAN IP, (That should be unblocking WAN Request), But I CANNOT PING OR TRACEROUTE ANY Device on the 192 router: NAS, WAN IP, Base Address of 192 router, other computers, printer, etc...
From this I deduce I cannot see 'downsteam'

I'm not good with IP Stuff (That's why I posted here), but again I feel it's something in the 192 router......
--
Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:3

Have you confirmed that the FTP service is running on the NAS Box? Can you initiate a FTP session from a PC connected to the 192 router? Download Filezilla if you need a FTP client for the PC.

Jan Janowski
Premium
join:2000-06-18
Skokie, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

I never thought to try....
No, Filezilla can't connect to it.... I tried both Passive and Active.

said by billaustin:

Have you confirmed that the FTP service is running on the NAS Box? Can you initiate a FTP session from a PC connected to the 192 router? Download Filezilla if you need a FTP client for the PC.

--
Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:3

Setup the FTP service on the NAS box. Use Filezilla to confirm it is working. You will need the IP address (in 192.x.x.x format), user name (usually admin) and password to test the connection from Filezilla. Once that is working, the rest should be easy.