how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mrbrimi

join:2000-02-15
Woodstock, ON

[Extreme] Microsoft Skydrive and Rogers

Since installing the new Microsoft SkyDrive app my internet seems slower, pages slower to load and/or pages hang.

Don't know if this is a problem with the app OR if it is another case of Rogers throttling.

Anyone else have similar experience.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
why dont u disable or uninstall the app and see if it speeds up your internet? another thing you can do is do a speed test on a different computer in your house connected to your internet, and you will take the skydrive variable out of the equation and prove that it is not causing the slow down
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

kliles

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
reply to mrbrimi
said by mrbrimi:

Since installing the new Microsoft SkyDrive app my internet seems slower, pages slower to load and/or pages hang.

Don't know if this is a problem with the app OR if it is another case of Rogers throttling.

Anyone else have similar experience.

It is hard to believe skydrive could cause such havoc or be important enough for Rogers to attempt to control... On the other hand, I have no idea how often skydrive attempts to contact the cloud storage servers to see if there is anything to 'sync'. As other poster Paolo mentioned, it should be easy to get skydrive out of the picture - at least temporarily - to see if it is the culprit...

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

canada
skydrive should only contact the cloud when you are uploading or downloading files from the mapped network drive, nothing else
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
reply to mrbrimi
I installed it on my PC and laptop and haven't noticed any weird behaviour.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

canada
Glad to help! have a nice day

arahman56

join:2011-08-11
Etobicoke, ON
reply to mrbrimi
I would suggest installing Networx in your PC and enabling the "Desk Band". That will give you a quick view of the uplink and downlink of your PC. For me, all my slow browsing speeds had been caused by all my uplink being taken by some app.