All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
cymraeg_t
join:2012-05-03

cymraeg_t to Exodus

to Exodus

Re: new name for Mists

they are scaling fine nothing rediculous, he is sitting at like 10% hit 13% haste and less than 10k sp, 13%crit. my trinks are q rewards and they proc haste and mastery, so when they line up it is holy crap. i casted 4 Lbs off one cast last night for a total of 150k damage, our mastery is awesome, when it procs with chain lightning omg

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

I am looking forward to playing my ele, I like the changes I see so far except for the Unleashed lightning glyph doing 5% less damage. I still expect to be middle of the pack but that's okay.

One of Binkenstein's post on Totemspot says he is seeing crit being more valuable than haste/mastery with our 250% crit dmg, and elemental mastery being on top since we can use it with Ascendance.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to cymraeg_t

Premium Member

to cymraeg_t
Did you ever notice that when you have chain lightning go off with mastery procs that it looks similar to a star wars sith lord casting lightning out of the hands? I only notice it when a double proc of CL goes off.

Also, a mastery proc can't cause another mastery proc, can it?
cymraeg_t

cymraeg_t

right now on beta it is yes, like i said 4 Lbs for one cast, i have had 3 LBs proc in a row but that wasnt mastery this Lb chain was, and yes CL does look like old Sidious killing Vader

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

So, you could theoretically just stack the shit out of mastery and get as close to 100% as possible and come up with possibly infinite DPS?

Reforge and gem for mastery?
cymraeg_t

cymraeg_t

theoretically yes, expect this to be nerfed, hence why i said if they dont change it, my guy is a pandaren so he doesnt have the head or shoulder enchants, and i love his animations for casting, next would be a Draenie for alliance for 1% hit and if i played horde i would go for gob or troll for a shaman, purely from a racial pov i hate the way they look.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I have an 85 Goblin Elemental Shaman that I play normally. I would just continue him up to the next tier.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Exodus:

I have an 85 Goblin Elemental Shaman that I play normally. I would just continue him up to the next tier.

Troll Shaman here, having a mini BL available is always good.
cymraeg_t

cymraeg_t to Exodus

to Exodus
i expect some rating changes for certain stats, right now spirit is way over valued, i spam Cl and surges and EQ to get me down on mana, then pop storm and boom a few Lbs and mana is full again, it is really over valued, if i just use my core abilities im at full mana at the end of each fight

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

It was my impression that spirit for shamans was so that they could utilize it like hit rating.
cymraeg_t

cymraeg_t

you do, but it does regen as well, with mana being baseline for level of character you only have so much so regen is very important but it shouldn't be so powerful that you dont have to manage it, right now questing and what dungeons i have done with him i dont even look at my mana bar unless, the proverbial shit hits the fan and i pull too many quest mobs who hit very hard btw

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Blizz made it so ele and resto share the same gear. Ele absolutely has to use spirit gear in order to reach the hit cap. The spirit regen only happens outside of combat (resto allows them to regenerate 50% in combat iirc) so that's not a consideration at all.
cymraeg_t

cymraeg_t

umm that may have changed for mists, cause he gens mana while im in combat and like i said by the end of the fight im full on mana, or close enough to it.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

We get a ton of mana back from the talent Rolling Thunder, perhaps that was what you were seeing? I'm pretty sure we don't get spirit regen in combat.
cymraeg_t

cymraeg_t

ill check and see if it is that tonight, with the new talent system hard to tell what is passive and active abilities
cymraeg_t

cymraeg_t to puppy

to puppy
ok, update puppy, rolling thunder was not procing last night, but what was, was clearcasting, almost every cast so i am not using mana as much cause of that, so when i get out of combat i have used so little mana and regen being what it is that is why my mana bar is so full or nearly full