spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tman852
join:2010-07-06
Columbus, OH

tman852

Good recording software?

Looking to do recordings and such in game, just wondering what everyone uses to do this? I'd like to not pay for it if possible but if there's some good software worth the money, I'll do it. I've tried running FRAPS but it absolutely rapes my FPS in games...not really a fan of it.
OHN
join:2003-02-05
Appleton, WI

OHN

Fraps & DXTory. DX has less impact on the FPS and the file size is smaller.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I have used Fraps and Xsplit.

Xsplit lets you stream or record and put scenes on your broadcast.
tman852
Columbus, OH

tman852

I'll give these a try, thanks guys.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to tman852

to tman852
I like bandicam, but fraps is good too.

A Non
@151.190.0.x

A Non to tman852

Anon

to tman852
Are there any video capture programs which can be run a by normal user (non-admin) in Windows 7? FRAPS and Bandicam require administrator priviledges.
OHN
join:2003-02-05
Appleton, WI

OHN to tman852

to tman852
Wanted to add some info. I think I will go back to Fraps. It always works although it does not offer too many options. Takes up lots of space but always works nonetheless.

I did use DXTory and was able to get the file size very small and maintain quality by using x264 codec. Took two days messing with it to get it right. The problem is DXTory sometimes does not record, sometimes does not record sound and the included tools AviMux dont always work. Also, although it is cool it records two decives seperately, this is a headache editing or just playing back as most software will not allow you to play or edit dual audio streams.
tman852
Columbus, OH

tman852

I've been using Fraps as well. Found a legit torrented registered version for unlimited recording...lol.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn to tman852

Anon

to tman852
I found this review useful: Fraps vs Bandicam vs MSI Afterburner vs Dxtory vs Playclaw
aannoonn

aannoonn

Anon

Downloaded and paid for Bandicam. It seems to work pretty well. Recording 1920x1200 in XviD format. 3 minutes takes about 1 GB.