All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

rollinraver
join:2002-04-27
Buffalo, NY

rollinraver to nlk10010

to nlk10010

Re: [northeast] Freedom Essentials Not Possible?

On their website? That's interesting... In the bundle configure, the only phone option is FDV, preselected, and there is no way to get anything different. The online chat person you get, if you dare use it, will tell you the company is pushing to FDV and you must call in to the centers to keep your FE (and lose the online discount in the process).
nlk10010
join:2007-06-27
Great Neck, NY

nlk10010

said by rollinraver:

On their website? That's interesting... In the bundle configure, the only phone option is FDV, preselected, and there is no way to get anything different. The online chat person you get, if you dare use it, will tell you the company is pushing to FDV and you must call in to the centers to keep your FE (and lose the online discount in the process).

Yea, that was precisely my experience. The chat "person" went so far as to say that if you try to change your package you'll lose FE.

I guess you also lose the prepaid VISA card, maybe the price is $5-10 more as well. I'd love to get 35/35 Internet (I have 25/25 now), I'll have to discuss this with wifey to see what I do (again, even assuming I can retain my FE if I phone in).

Thanks.