spc
uniqs

Ex_Brit
If you're going through hell, keep going
join:2005-09-27
Toronto, ON

Ex_Brit to HiVolt

to HiVolt

Re: [TV] Update to HD PVR (Enhanced Guide) e-Mail from Rogers?

I've had the new format for a while now and you should give it time to settle in. At first mine was ultra-slow and if I attempted to use the remote's PIP function the box would crash. Now it's fine and I found it behaved better if I adopted the "Classic Modern HD" setting in Settings > Appearance.

I think you have to give it time to clear cache on its own etc. etc. and it is early days yet. Obviously they will need to patch it sooner or later, knowing Rogers, most likely later.
decx
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx

Premium Member

said by Ex_Brit:

I've had the new format for a while now and you should give it time to settle in. At first mine was ultra-slow and if I attempted to use the remote's PIP function the box would crash. Now it's fine and I found it behaved better if I adopted the "Classic Modern HD" setting in Settings > Appearance.

I think you have to give it time to clear cache on its own etc. etc. and it is early days yet. Obviously they will need to patch it sooner or later, knowing Rogers, most likely later.

Interestingly a lot of people seem to have the same experience with the Modern theme. It might have something to do with the transparent overlay that the Modern them uses. Personally, I don't find the Modern theme of much use as the IPG layout is such that only approximately the top 20% of the picture is visible making the transparent overlay pointless. With the Classic Modern theme one can actually see the picture properly.