mooch
No Booing Allowed

join:2001-11-11
Dublin, OH
Reviews:
·Embarq Now Centu..
reply to ArizonaSteve

Re: Qwest CenturyLink YouTube Service failure under deliver

All I know is that I can take my laptop to several friends place who have no more bandwidth than me (who don't have Centurylink) and they have no issues with buffering.

That same laptop used on my Centurylink 6 meg connection and I'm annoyed by buffering.

Sooo, same laptop having two different results...
- Laptop with Centurylink will choke when streaming Youtube
- Laptop with another ISP with same or less bandwidth the laptop streams Youtube fine.

How much more clear cut can it be that Centurylink is either doing something shady or just downright flaky and unreliable. And forget about streaming anything in the evening with Centurylink as my bandwidth in the evening is ridiculously lousy.
--
ex Hughesnet customer - thank goodness!

mooch
No Booing Allowed

Dublin, OH
Reviews:
·Embarq Now Centu..

Oh furthmore, to prove some thing is fishy with Centurylink...When streaming youtube will result in buffering, I can then go ahead and download the youtube vid instead and bitmeter shows the download blazing along at 5-6 meg. There's no way a vid should buffer when 5-6 meg of bandwidth is available.

From my experience...Centurylink and FLAKY DSL service are synonymous.
--
ex Hughesnet customer - thank goodness!

mooch
No Booing Allowed

Dublin, OH
Reviews:
·Embarq Now Centu..

Arizona Steve, I'm glad Centurylink is working well for you. For the first two months I had the service, I didn't have any issues either. Happy as a clam, I was!

That's no longer the case, the service is awful and tech support has been useless and total waste of time.

I truly hope your connection continues to treat you well, but in the meantime, don't try to convince me that the lousy service Centurylink is now providing me is a figment of my imagination.
--
ex-Hughesnet customer. Now I have Centurylink who's inconsistent service is just as frustrating.

ArizonaSteve

join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

1 edit
reply to mooch

It's obvious you have a problem but it's just with you connection as you proved by playing videos at a friends house. I don't think they are doing anything to it so it's probably just your connection that's flaky and unreliable.

ArizonaSteve

join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·CenturyLink
·T-Mobile US
·Sipgate VOIP

2 edits
reply to mooch

Well I couldn't play videos either when I first had 1.5Mb service, it was just too slow and flaky, but after upgrading to 20Mb everything works fine. I highly recommend the 20Mb or even 40Mb service if you can get it. I hope everyone doesn't jump on it and cause it to get congested though, like Virgin Mobile wireless did after it first came out. It worked good the first month then slowed down so much that it wouldn't even open a webpage running at 17kb. so now I'm stuck with an $80 USB dongle that I can't use for anything.