dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
dhar
join:2004-07-05

dhar

Re: [CATV] HD Plus Pak and CableCARD

Interesting coincidence... Just checked my Prime logs, and early this morning, there were two sets of rebooting entries 10 minutes apart, each starting with "card indicated fatal error or firmware upgrade". (This was over 12 hours after I called Cox.) These are the only such entries since last reboot due to power cycling over a month ago. I can now tune the three new Showtime channels and two new TMC channels I mentioned in my first post. However, the status of the other five channels remains unchanged. As before, none of these channels show up in the guide for the Cox DVR in the other room.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

1 edit

ajwees41

Premium Member

do you know someone with the cisco whole hardware? maybe those three are still in testing and not even live. tivo lists Omaha as having Tennis HD GreenHD and a couple other channels that aren't part of the cox lineup in our area yet. maybe tribune jumped the gun.
dhar

dhar

It's not just the CableCARD devices that Cox is messing up. It's Zap2It, AND Cox's own TV Listings web-based guide has all the new channels I mentioned. However, when I go to record one I definitely subscribe to (neat feature, BTW!), it tells me:

"You do not currently subscribe to this channel.

To order this channel, call Cox at 800-234-9002."
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

said by dhar:

It's not just the CableCARD devices that Cox is messing up. It's Zap2It, AND Cox's own TV Listings web-based guide has all the new channels I mentioned. However, when I go to record one I definitely subscribe to (neat feature, BTW!), it tells me:

"You do not currently subscribe to this channel.

To order this channel, call Cox at 800-234-9002."

I think they all get the guide data from tribune I could be wrong though. have you checked tivo's listings even if you don't have a tivo?
dhar

dhar

Yes, same thing on Tivo (web guide).