Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to damir52

Premium Member

to damir52

Re: DSLR Restore Progress

said by damir52:

If he can afford 28k (restore price), i am sure he makes (yearly at least 2x times that) with this website.

Or DSLr is something he loves or needs, making the 28k restore price a necessary expense.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member
join:2003-05-24

damir52

Premium Member

I have websites too, i make money of them, they are not close the size of this, to be honest, in case like this, if happened (which would never would, because of how everything is configured = cheaper) i wouldn't be able to pay that much money for restorations, i mean i could take a credit and pay it, but wouldn't in that case.

There are priorities.

So, how i see it, there is lots of money here, which is good of course, this is is excellent website, i enjoy it from day one, so, to be able to pay money for this, i am still thinking he is making a lot, which saying again is VERY good, and i hope this is true.

Bell_Abused
join:2006-10-07

Bell_Abused to El Quintron

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

said by damir52:

If he can afford 28k (restore price), i am sure he makes (yearly at least 2x times that) with this website.

Or DSLr is something he loves or needs, making the 28k restore price a necessary expense.

Don't you worry. More is made than you think. They have a budget of 50K+ just for people other than Karl to write news for the front page.

You are severely under-guessing.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Bell_Abused:

Don't you worry. More is made than you think. They have a budget of 50K+ just for people other than Karl to write news for the front page.

The actual amount of cash doesn't matter, if DSLr is the only source of income, or "the plan" for his future then the 28k is a non-negotiable expense.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

said by Bell_Abused:

The actual amount of cash doesn't matter, if DSLr is the only source of income, or "the plan" for his future then the 28k is a non-negotiable expense.

BOTH of your points could be correct.

It might be more that he cannot afford NOT to put the site back online, moreso than the exact cost to do so.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

It might be more that he cannot afford NOT to put the site back online, moreso than the exact cost to do so.

Those would be my exact thoughts as well.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

4 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

said by Davesnothere:

Those would be my exact thoughts as well.

There HAS been STRONG circumstantial evidence to support such a hypothesis.

The OTHER arguments to support 'staying the course', at least insofar as the short to medium term would be :

(1) short term - COMPLETING the data recovery, as I'd expect that they are already on the hook for a portion of the recovery costs, REGARDLESS OF RESULT or how far they may choose to go,

(2) medium term - to recoup at least the costs of the complete data recovery.

The long term analysis would of course be the loss of revenue and reputation if they did not make their best effort to recover the DSLR site completely (as per our near above posts) .

There would also be the short term self-satisfaction of 'Slaying the Fierce Monster', and the all-term knowledge gained to assist in better avoidance of a similar future meltdown (PRICELESS).

And THAT's the way it is.... (or at least the way I see it)