spc
uniqs
Anon
1 edit
Anon

Anon to wayjac

Anon

to wayjac

Re: Netgear/Westell 7550 Downstream Sync?

DSL Line (Wire Pair): Line 1 (inner pair)
Protocol: G.DMT Annex A
Downstream Rate: 2912 kbps
Upstream Rate: 512 kbps
Channel: Interleaved
Current Noise Margin: 6.0 dB (Downstream) 7.0 dB (Upstream)
Current Attenuation: 63.0 dB (Downstream) 31.5 dB (Upstream)
Current Output Power: 17.5 dBm (Downstream) 11.3 dBm (Upstream)
DSLAM Vendor Information: Country: {0xD1} Vendor: {CTNW} Specific: {0x00}
PVC Info: 8/35
these are normal; much like they have been in the past and as they are when the speeds are normal.

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

The attenuation figure indicates that the wire length is long and the sync rates are normal for the wire length also I think it's very normal to get different dsl stats from different modems

What is the Max Rate figure on the page url I posted
Anon
Anon

Anon

Anon

Max Rate: 2912 kbs 536 kbs

wayjac
MVM
Indy

wayjac

MVM

Checking the same figures with the modem connected to the test jack inside the nid will indicate if the inside wiring is degrading the dsl signal
nedling
join:2012-05-10

nedling

They came out and tested it again today and said it was around 2.2 Mbps, so that's pretty much the same as I get inside.

wayjac
MVM
Indy

wayjac

MVM

Sounds like you are getting all the speed you can get
nedling
join:2012-05-10

nedling

Yeah, if you figure in the 13% standard overhead due to setup, then the 16,000 or so feet of line between me and the dslam, then the fact that the line switches from 22 to 24 back to 22 gauge along the way, around a 20% difference in sync is in the neighborhood of the max I'm going to get; so, as of now... and since the day he came out, even though he didn't do anything afaik, my connection is back to normal.

I didn't get a call from anybody concerning it, nor does it appear that I disconnected at any point; but, it appears to be fixed. I did notice the customer survey department called yesterday; so, I guess that means they're done working on it.

However, I still can't explain the difference in the sync rates of the 2Wire (2900) vs the Netgear/Westell (2000), besides maybe just the Netgear/Westell is cheaply made. I can say they've sent me several Westells in the past and they've almost all died within 6 months; so, I would logically assume they're just cheaply made.

They said that they don't even have the 2Wires anymore and can only give the Netgear/Westell 7550 as a replacement; so, I guess if my 2Wire ever does go bad, I'll have to buy a used one off ebay.