spc
uniqs
Crixox
join:2010-09-10
Repentigny, QC

Crixox to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere

Re: DSLR Restore Progress

Looking at everyone's posts commenting about why no backups were done and bla bla bla....

I'd like to say 1 thing.

That guy might have made a mistake yes, but who doesn't ?

He's been putting alot of efforts in the past years to have this site running, and now he's having a hell of a bad time restoring all the datas, a long and costy process, we should only say : Thank you for everything, and let's hope it will never happen again.

my two cents.

habskilla
join:2005-09-19
Moncton, NB

habskilla

said by Crixox:

Looking at everyone's posts commenting about why no backups were done and bla bla bla....

I'd like to say 1 thing.

That guy might have made a mistake yes, but who doesn't ?

He's been putting alot of efforts in the past years to have this site running, and now he's having a hell of a bad time restoring all the datas, a long and costy process, we should only say : Thank you for everything, and let's hope it will never happen again.

my two cents.

His mistake has cost him a huge amount of traffic. All you need to do is look at the front page news and see that the amount of comments is almost nothing now. No traffic, no comments...

Let's hope people return. But add this to the password hack and maybe people are saying screw it and moved on to others places.
Lynn0
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON

Lynn0

Premium Member

Just checking to see if I am under my right ID. Sorry guys.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

NM

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to habskilla

MVM

to habskilla
said by habskilla:

All you need to do is look at the front page news and see that the amount of comments is almost nothing now. No traffic, no comments...

That would be because the news commenting system has been disabled for some time now. Did you not notice that there were no comments because you CAN'T comment?

habskilla
join:2005-09-19
Moncton, NB

habskilla

said by Guspaz:

said by habskilla:

All you need to do is look at the front page news and see that the amount of comments is almost nothing now. No traffic, no comments...

That would be because the news commenting system has been disabled for some time now. Did you not notice that there were no comments because you CAN'T comment?

I only noticed there were no comments. I didn't try to comment.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

....Did you not notice that there were no comments because you CAN'T comment?

And goodness knows, some of us were Jonesing to.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

And goodness knows, some of us were Jonesing to.

Hellz yeah... the front page comments were awesome because it was everyone on the site interacted.