share rss forum feed

jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·AT&T Wireless Br..

[Parts Check] lost almost everything in a fire. PSU got damaged

the apartment i was living in caught fire my computer got wet from the fired dept putting the fire out. I tested all the parts when they were dry. the only items were not fixable are my hard drives and my new psu i just bought. I am stuck between a ax 1050 and a xfx 1050 watt psu. Here is the story on the fire. the women was cooking something on the stove went to go take a bath and fell asleep in the tub what ever was on the stove caught fire and spread to the other apartments. what saved my bacon was a fire wall between the 2 apartments.

»5newsonline.com/2012/03/28/apart···omeless/

Chrno

join:2003-12-11

Re: [Parts Check] lost almost everything in a fire. PSU got dama

I am glad no one was injured in the ordeal. Sorry for your lost. I hope you have insurance and it covers at least some of your lost. As for the PSU choice, I would pick the one that's easier to deal with and has better warranty.

jchambers28

Alma, AR

I think those people were meth heads. They look like it.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
kudos:1

Yeah weird vibe there from her and the story about the stove I'm more inclined to believe the landlord.

jchambers28

Alma, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·AT&T Wireless Br..

This is what Jason thinks what happened. The women was cooking something on the stove went to go take a bath and fell asleep in the tub. The burners were on on high at the time of the fire according to fire investigators. I have known Jason for 6 years and consider him as a friend I believe what he said is true.

jchambers28

Alma, AR
reply to Chrno

I am going the corsair route. 7 year warranty.

asdfdfdfdfdf
Premium
join:2012-05-09
kudos:3
reply to jchambers28

Sorry to hear that. Glad you suffered minimal losses.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to jchambers28

Glad you weren't harmed. I'd get renter's insurance myself if I had enough of value and could pay for it.

jchambers28

Alma, AR
reply to jchambers28

got my HX 1050 installed works great. I hope I wont need a new PSU for a very long time.