All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
noisefloor
join:2010-05-09

noisefloor to ropeguru

to ropeguru

Re: [Business] ARP Packets from Comcast are Flooding My LOCAL Ne

Oh that's crazy he's still running the 68.87.x.x servers with his static block. It must be something they are pushing out by market because when I was with the company last year every D3G (only D3G's) that were deployed had be set to 75.x.x.x for the statics to function. I believe we sent a macro that made this change on the back end to everyone's cfg as well. The gateway could still function with a DHCP WAN address though with any previous 68.x.x.x DNS.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by noisefloor:

Oh that's crazy he's still running the 68.87.x.x servers with his static block. It must be something they are pushing out by market because when I was with the company last year every D3G (only D3G's) that were deployed had be set to 75.x.x.x for the statics to function. I believe we sent a macro that made this change on the back end to everyone's cfg as well. The gateway could still function with a DHCP WAN address though with any previous 68.x.x.x DNS.

I don't know anything about Comcast macros, but I do know that my /29 static IP block (including my public facing web and email servers) is working just fine with the SMCD3G configured with the 68.87.68.162 and 68.87.74.162 DNS server addresses.

FWIW, I do recall that my SMCD3G was originally configured with the 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76 DNS servers, but that changed at some point after another firmware upgrade was pushed to my box.