Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix

Re: [Business] ARP Packets from Comcast are Flooding My LOCAL Ne

said by DarkLogix:

said by JohnInSJ:

said by DarkLogix:

Guess I'll power cycle my SMC and see if I see any changes (tonight)

Ditto... my smc is up 90+ days no reboot, no arp traffic here. Of course it's just going to send arps to my router which will drop them, if it happens...

Arrg I power cycled it today and heres what happened

the CM oddly didn't make the switch port active which caused more power cyceling and also my ASP page that fetches the rf stats is now broken

I saw that too - oddity on the switch side - I was on LAN 4, which came up dead... LAN 1 was working, which I found by jacking in a laptop on each port until I got das blinkenlites.

Weird.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

well now I'm trying to troubleshoot my ASP page (btw I'm not a programer)

and it involves some array manipulation
if you're a programer feel free to help I made a thread in the webmasters forum

I wish I know what has changed with the formatting of the html page I'm pulling the data from

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to JohnInSJ

Premium Member

to JohnInSJ
said by JohnInSJ:

I saw that too - oddity on the switch side - I was on LAN 4, which came up dead... LAN 1 was working, which I found by jacking in a laptop on each port until I got das blinkenlites.

Weird.

I did not see that symptom because I normally only have one device connected to my SMCD3G's LAN (my SamKnows box on SMC port 1). After seeing DarkLogix's post and your followup, I moved my Vonage RTP300's WAN connection to the SMC LAN ports 2-4 in sequence, and all of the SMC switch ports were active as soon as I connected the cable.

Perhaps the new SMCD3G firmware expects that the SMC LAN port 1 will always have an active connection, and if it doesn't find one, it doesn't bother to enable any other switch ports? Later this evening I plan to check to see if the USB port has perhaps been activated with the new firmware. I will move my SamKnows box to port 4 on the SMC at that time to see if it works immediately after an SMC reboot.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well I initialy had it plugged into port 2 then moved to port 1 (also dead) then port 3 then they all came up

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

I wish I know what has changed with the formatting of the html page I'm pulling the data from

My munin script survived the new formatting, I'll take a look
JohnInSJ

JohnInSJ to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Can you link to the thread or PM it to me, I can't find/not subscribed to that forum...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

»Need help updating an ASP page to work again

wow just noticed a typo in the thread title
I think its an issue with the split function that splits the 4 numbers into differant parts of an array so that the numbers can be easily displays by my display function

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

»Need help updating an ASP page to work again

wow just noticed a typo in the thread title
I think its an issue with the split function that splits the 4 numbers into differant parts of an array so that the numbers can be easily displays by my display function

Yep I posted the fix...

The new firmware has an extra | at the end of the data sets (no idea why) which you need to lop off to avoid an invalid double. See your other thread.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Thanks that worked
DarkLogix

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well I forgot to do a speed test before but per PRTG my ping time to level3 and to HurricaneElectric have improved

well average hasn't but max has
Nalez
join:2011-01-14

Nalez to JohnInSJ

to JohnInSJ
Yep, I had that too. but for me, it was LAN1 that went dead (which was the port I was using). Moving to LAN4; I could access the stupid router again.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by NetFixer:

Perhaps the new SMCD3G firmware expects that the SMC LAN port 1 will always have an active connection, and if it doesn't find one, it doesn't bother to enable any other switch ports? Later this evening I plan to check to see if the USB port has perhaps been activated with the new firmware. I will move my SamKnows box to port 4 on the SMC at that time to see if it works immediately after an SMC reboot.

1. I tested rebooting with my SamKnows box on port 4, and I did not see a problem. This appears to be an intermittent symptom (or possibly one that only appeared after the first reboot when the new firmware was installed).

2. The USB active LED now illuminates if either a USB flashdrive or a USB printer is connected (a new behavior), but I could see nothing in the SMC menu to indicate an attached USB device, nor any additional active TCP ports to indicate that either USB storage or printing is supported.