Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

areese

join:2003-01-09
Sherrills Ford, NC

Ennouncement Problems

Hello -
I tried ennouncment for the first time today - I need to send a mass message out to a volunteer group that I lead. First, I thought I'd set up a test group with three numbers. I "sent" two voice messages but never received them.
Can someone from viatalk PM me and help me work through this please?
Thanks!
A. Reese

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
kudos:1
VT employees no longer spend much time in this forum. With the recent site problems, I would guess it is even less likely to see them here. If you haven't already, I would submit a ticket or call for support.

Best of luck.

areese

Sherrills Ford, NC
Thanks for the response. I didn't realize they were AWOL. I guess the good news is viatalk has been working so well I haven't needed support. Do you suspect a deeper issue with VT? That is, should I be concerned? (And I'll peruse the forums to see what's been going on).

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ViaTalk
No, I don't suspect deeper issues, I just think they decided to stay away from the pitfalls that can arise from the types of discussions that sometimes take place. There have been a few jack-holes that have brought out bad behaviour from the best of us. VTTanya seems to be the only rep who drops in every few months.

This forum has become very quiet. There have been theories about why, but in my case service has been pretty solid for quite some time. I am over 6 years a customer and haven't had a major issue in many moons. Others have had more recent or more frequent problems.

areese

Sherrills Ford, NC
Thanks. And yeah, I've been a customer for ~4 years, without a hitch, really. Until I decided to try something new today!
Anyway, thanks for the responses.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to unknvoip
said by unknvoip:

This forum has become very quiet. There have been theories about why, but in my case service has been pretty solid for quite some time.

1) ViaTalk does seem to have settled down.

2) ViaTalk may have lost significant business. For example, VOIPo which was founded by someone from ViaTalk, now has many more people visiting its website each month compared to VT. And there are many other aggressive VoIP competitors besides just VOIPo. Further, there's also cable company digital phone service, and people just going to cellular altogether.

2a) VOIPo is really quite an aggressive competitor in terms of features, service, and price.

3) The large majority of VoIP activity on this DSLR website takes place on the main VoIP forum.
»VOIP Tech Chat

4) A litany of complaints over the years from their own VT resellers may have hurt business. For example:
»VTWhite Reseller and pay?

dmolavi
Premium
join:2005-04-11
Sewell, NJ
said by PX Eliezer70:

1) ViaTalk does seem to have settled down.

Agreed, they had growing pains, but have stabilized (although I have been getting complaints from the boss at home re: reliability lately).

said by PX Eliezer70:

2) ViaTalk may have lost significant business. For example, VOIPo which was founded by someone from ViaTalk, now has many more people visiting its website each month compared to VT.

Can you substantiate this claim? Simply visiting a site doesn't mean that you will give said site business. Plus, my visits to the VT site are limited to the control panel, which I look at once or twice a day (voicemails, etc). I'm sure most existing customers are in the same boat, and don't visit the main VT site.
--
NukedGallery.net
GalleryModules.com

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
said by dmolavi:

Can you substantiate this claim? Simply visiting a site doesn't mean that you will give said site business. Plus, my visits to the VT site are limited to the control panel, which I look at once or twice a day (voicemails, etc). I'm sure most existing customers are in the same boat, and don't visit the main VT site.

That's my point. VT and VOIPo are going to be very similar in how often customers log in to the website (any part of the website) to check voicemails etc. Most customers of both companies are on long-term plans.

And when you look at internet tracking services such as Alexa, VOIPo is visited much more than VT. Again, which part of the website shouldn't matter.

Besides Alexa, when you look at other traffic data services such as compete.com, we see this for monthly visitors:

PhonePower 73,242
VOIPo 67,574
ViaTalk 15,662

So to me that does suggest a difference.