Search similar:

uniqs

sm5w2
Premium Member
join:2004-10-13
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2

Premium Member

[TV] How to contact Rogers contractor in London?

Who is Roger's contractor in London? The outfit that deals with customer drops? AEcon? How can I contact them directly?

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

i see your in Saint Tomas, why not contact a rogers contractor from ST area instead?

sm5w2
Premium Member
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2

Premium Member

I'm in London. St. Thomas is "close enough".

These contractors are not set up to be contacted by home-owners, which is why (again) I'm asking for their contact info.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON

BliZZardX to sm5w2

Premium Member

to sm5w2
If you find a way to contact those guys let me know... I've been waiting for Rogers to bury an unsightly temporary overhead cable since last October, and a neighbour of mine has waited over 5 years...

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to sm5w2

to sm5w2
said by sm5w2:

These contractors are not set up to be contacted by home-owners, which is why (again) I'm asking for their contact info.

That's exactly why they aren't set up to be contacted by homeowners... you might have better luck stopping at a Rogers truck on the street and asking about the issue you have.
scorpido
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

Ramkey Communications Inc
7-105 Midpark Rd, London, ON N6N 1B2
519-435-0009
London, ON N5W 3P4
Office: (519)432-7977
Fax: (519)432-6160

Those are two but I think there might be a couple more. However it is a third party contractor who does the burials so they might not be of any help as Rogers treats there contractor like mushrooms. (Feeds them crap and keeps them in the dark)

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by scorpido:

Those are two but I think there might be a couple more. However it is a third party contractor who does the burials so they might not be of any help as Rogers treats there contractor like mushrooms. (Feeds them crap and keeps them in the dark)

They do funeral services on the side?

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to sm5w2

Premium Member

to sm5w2
The contractors are paid piece work by Rogers, and fall in and out of favour all the time.

They won't talk to you, because they don't get paid to talk to you. Talk to Roger's if there's a problem that you want/need addressed.

Can you elaborate more on the issue you want to discuss?

sm5w2
Premium Member
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2

Premium Member

> They won't talk to you, because they don't get paid to talk to you.

Presumably when they're paid by Rogers to perform some service work, and they don't complete the work, they would be responsive to me pointing it out to them.

> Can you elaborate more on the issue you want to discuss?

Pretty much the same deal that BliZZardX mentioned.

A some-what new phenomena here in London is fly-by-night lawn aeration outfits that send out highschool kids to roam neighborhoods with walk-behind aerators rented from home despot.

My neighbor was apparently weak-willed and couldn't say no to a kid and the job ended up cutting his coax line. The contractor came a day or two later and strung a new line across my neighbor's house (along the gutter) and then down to my house and connected it to the box at my out-side demarc point. It's been like that for maybe a month now, and I want them to fix the line and remove this temporary drop.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by sm5w2:

Presumably when they're paid by Rogers to perform some service work, and they don't complete the work, they would be responsive to me pointing it out to them.

A some-what new phenomena here in London is fly-by-night lawn aeration outfits that send out highschool kids to roam neighborhoods with walk-behind aerators rented from home despot.

My neighbor was apparently weak-willed and couldn't say no to a kid and the job ended up cutting his coax line. The contractor came a day or two later and strung a new line across my neighbor's house (along the gutter) and then down to my house and connected it to the box at my out-side demarc point. It's been like that for maybe a month now, and I want them to fix the line and remove this temporary drop.

Only a month? LOL....you're probably about 8-12 weeks away from getting that issue resolved....its a FIFO system I believe...benefits of living in an underground area me thinks...

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by nitzguy:

said by sm5w2:

Only a month? LOL....you're probably about 8-12 weeks away from getting that issue resolved....its a FIFO system I believe...benefits of living in an underground area me thinks...

Try a year... Or two. Rogers ran one of those temp lines up the street. It took two winters to rerun the cable underground, no matter how many times the homeowner complained.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to sm5w2

Premium Member

to sm5w2
said by sm5w2:

Not really - they would be responsive to ROGERS talking to them about it; but not to you, because you aren't their customer... Complain to Rogers...
said by sm5w2:

Nitz and DKS are right - they'll leave the temp in place until there's enough work in the area to send a plow crew around, and run a bunch of new drops... 3 months isn't at all abnormal.

Again, complain to Rogers - the contractor (or Roger's tech, because unless you were there when the temp was run, you have no way of knowing WHICH sub, if it was a sub at all) was paid to restore service to your neighbor. They've completed their task.

It's a different crew or sub that would plow in a replacement drop, and cut the sub from the temp to the replacement...

sm5w2
Premium Member
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2

Premium Member

Well, coincidently, a crew came out today and fixed the problem and removed the temporary drop. I had not called anyone yet.

I believe it was LDS, not ramkey. Two guys in a pickup truck towing a big compressor. But what-ever they did, they just did some manual digging with shovels around the pedestal.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON

BliZZardX

Premium Member

Coincidentally, Rogers replaced all the drops on our street too. Finally! Didn't see who the contractors were, but I heard it took about 4 hours.