Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Pacrat

Re: Thought I'd pass along this handy tip...

Believe me... it's more than a little comforting to see that I'm not the only idiot that pulled that stunt! I've made up my mind that from now on, I'm going to reset the switch to the run position as soon as the engine dies when I'm done running the damn thing. Either that... or I'm going to run it out of gas every time I use it!!!
--
Keep your eye on the ball, your shoulder to the wheel, your nose to the grindstone, and your ear to the ground. Now, try to work in that position!!!

leibold
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
Leaving the kill switch in the "kill" position is a good idea when there is any chance that children might try to play with it. Of course, letting it run out of gas is an even safer option
--
Got some spare cpu cycles ? Join Team Helix or Team Starfire!

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
said by leibold:

Leaving the kill switch in the "kill" position is a good idea when there is any chance that children might try to play with it. Of course, letting it run out of gas is an even safer option

If any kid is old enough to get my string trimmer/mower/snow blower/chain saw running by playing with it, they are old enough to start using it. Electric start devices aside, I don't think any gas device I own would be able to be started by a kid playing with them.