davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to 47717768

Premium Member

to 47717768

Re: AT&T's bad tech support

I do not know what the phone support people can see when they troubleshoot, but it might be that the outside wiring problem showed up as bad modem on their limited trouble shooting analysis answer page. I actually dealt with 2 misbehaving modems in a row from AT&T. The first was a new Westell they supplied and the second was a new Motorola I purchased. Still could not solve the problem. A technician came by and installed a second Motorola that has worked for months without problem.
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

1 edit

47717768 (banned)

Another problem i have had is a lot of static on my land line as well, because of the bad cable. In your case it could of been a temporary problem with a DSL. I bet if you try one of your two modems now they will work without any problems. I think what AT&T does they just read the script.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

said by 47717768:

Another problem i have had is a lot of static on my land line as well, because of the bad cable.

Well in that case you should have skipped DSL CS altogether and gone to POTS CS about the static... would have fixed both problems much more quickly.

Remember DSL rides the POTS line, and if there are problems there it will effect it though there is really nothing wrong with the DSL.
Expand your moderator at work

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David to Hayward0

Premium Member

to Hayward0

Re: AT&T's bad tech support

said by Hayward0:

Remember DSL rides the POTS line, and if there are problems there it will effect it though there is really nothing wrong with the DSL.

+1... any POTS problems will always hinder DSL. If POTS is not up to standards, expect DSL to suffer.