Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Official Diablo 3 Thread

Starting mammoth thread here without the Savious fanboi stuff. Post here for your progress, group setup, etc. Since there's no "server" or faction, DSLR should be able to come together into a single group if people need a place.

I'm not sure if there are going to be any guilds, but if there are, I'll set one up. I'll find some sort of common channel that we can communicate on in-game.

Think I'm going to start with a Witch Doctor.
Feramors
join:2010-05-07
Saint Louis, MO

Feramors

I was wondering when the official Thread was going to show up.

40 hours left or so. I'm pretty psyched.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

ironweasel to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I'll try and find some of you guys after I get home on Tuesday night.

Debating between a Demon Hunter and Witch Doctor for my first build. Leaning more towards the Witch Doctor though...I loved my Necromancer in D2 and the WD seems to be the closest to that, but I may still end up with a DH at some point. By the time I stopped playing D2, I had one of every class in the 90's range of levels, but I had a lot more time to play back then.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Of all the various classes, I feel like the Witch Doctor is going to be the least played.

I think Jobbie is the only other person I know who is starting with a WD.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I really did like the Demon Hunter in beta, but I'm also thinking of the monk for the utility. Just not sure yet...

Badger3k
We Don't Need No Stinkin Badgers
Premium Member
join:2001-09-27
Franklin, OH

Badger3k to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Going with a DH and/or a Wizard. I say and/or because I will probably start one first thing on Tuesday then another when my kid comes down on the weekend and start with him.

Taino
join:2010-10-15
Port Richey, FL

Taino to Exodus

to Exodus
After playing them all in the beta I am likely going to start with the Barbarian, and then go Demon Hunter. I really enjoyed the playstyle especially once you get rend and the rune that heals you for the damage you deal. They really play like warriors from WoW on the beta and I liked the mobility.
tman852
join:2010-07-06
Columbus, OH

tman852 to Exodus

to Exodus
Too much fun smashing enemies with the shield and having the body parts flying all over the screen. Going barbarian first fo sho

The Flash
Premium Member
join:2002-10-17
Toronto, ON

The Flash to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
omg can't believe this is coming out. Demon Hunter for me I think.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Exodus

to Exodus
I guess I might as well buy it now since BLIZZARD GAMES NEVER GO ON SALE
zencyl
join:2009-07-24
Huntsville, TX

zencyl to Exodus

to Exodus
I can't wait to start playing. I am going to start with the barbarian, then start a demon hunter.
Feramors
join:2010-05-07
Saint Louis, MO

Feramors to tman852

to tman852
said by tman852:

Too much fun smashing enemies with the shield and having the body parts flying all over the screen. Going barbarian first fo sho

This is one of my favorite things about the barbarian!

For some reason, it didn't seem to happen as much with any of the other classes. It happened, but to a lesser extent.

phantasm11b
Premium Member
join:2007-11-02

phantasm11b to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I'll be starting out as a DH or Barbarian. I played them all in Beta and enjoyed the DH most. The Barbarian is just a fun class when you want to destroy anything... and everything for that matter.
Expand your moderator at work

The Flash
Premium Member
join:2002-10-17
Toronto, ON

The Flash to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord

Re: Official Diablo 3 Thread

said by TigerLord:

I guess I might as well buy it now since BLIZZARD GAMES NEVER GO ON SALE

I'll say that's not true. Even Blizz themselves put SC2 on sale. You can find deals here and there. Like futureshop had 5 dollars off preorder etc.

»www.joystiq.com/2011/11/ ··· d-store/

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
OMG DIABLO!

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I've read nothing about D3.

I will play it and enjoy it. I will probably do it wrong and I'm okay with that.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

said by drew:

I've read nothing about D3.

I will play it and enjoy it. I will probably do it wrong and I'm okay with that.

Yup...agreed. Same thing I did with Skyrim....completely stayed away from any outside info, except to get around major bugs...enjoyed it immensely.

RobertDubbin
@cox.net

RobertDubbin

Anon

May be a dumb and/or already answered question. Just curious, do character names have to be unique on what realm/server your on? Just trying to get sorted for tomorrow nights launch. Thanks much for any input.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I was under the impression that the naming system was going to be handled just like Starcraft 2.

Taino
join:2010-10-15
Port Richey, FL

Taino

I believe it goes by battle tag and not what you name your character as far as what the server displays as your name.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
double post
TheBionic

TheBionic to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Of all the various classes, I feel like the Witch Doctor is going to be the least played.

I think Jobbie is the only other person I know who is starting with a WD.

I'm going Witch Doctor too. I'm going to join up with a bunch of guys on another website, all of them are rolling barbs and wizards.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

Packeteers to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
please pm your: diablo 3 guest pass
once i get one that works i will edit
this post to thank that dslr member

»us.battle.net/support/en ··· est-pass

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I played all the classes in open beta weekend besides the WD. Enjoyed the barbarian the most and will start with that one. I should be on to play tomorrow, EST.
Slydermv
join:2010-03-11
Thunder Bay, ON

Slydermv to Exodus

to Exodus
How long until you figure we'll see price drops on this? What's the generally cycle for single player games? I will be picking this up to give it a go, but likely not until some 50% off sales or something...

Remulis
join:2011-09-01
Bealeton, VA

Remulis to Exodus

to Exodus
Going WD as well, loved necromancer in D2, WD is the closet I can get for now

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Slydermv

Premium Member

to Slydermv
said by Slydermv:

How long until you figure we'll see price drops on this? What's the generally cycle for single player games? I will be picking this up to give it a go, but likely not until some 50% off sales or something...

I think this will depend on how the RMAH goes. If blizz is making good money on it (though their cut), they may sell the game for a lower price expecting to recoup costs through this other means. Based on a typical blizzard game though... I wouldn't hold my breath.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Slydermv

Premium Member

to Slydermv
You may be waiting a while for 50% off. Star Craft 2 has been out how long? And it's still $45.99 on Amazon...

»www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ ··· rcraft+2

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Slydermv

Premium Member

to Slydermv
said by Slydermv:

Skyrim had it's first (AFAIK) 30% off sale on Steam this past weekend, approximately 6 months after it was released.