Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Jodokast

Premium Member

to Jodokast

Re: Official Diablo 3 Thread

Gladly give it to you, but I think another DSLR-er is using it at this moment. Lemmie see if he's still using it, or has moved on to an upgrade.

Meeps
join:2012-08-20

Meeps to Exodus

to Exodus
Level 46 HC DH now, just finished act 2 Nightmare. Had a few close calls with reflect damage so I've bought a bow with loh and life steal and an amulet with loh.

I was quite worried about Belial, but he ended up being a pushover. Lingering Fog with the increased movement speed passive made dodging his big mine attack a breeze.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to Jodokast

Premium Member

to Jodokast
said by Jodokast:

hey, Thaler, my Barbarian could use that weapon if you still have it. let me know how much you need and i might be able to get it

Best my HC could get was level 52, working again, currently 34

Sooo, I started playing D3 again. Lulz. I am haivng a blast!

I have a GF with 177% crit damage that I just retired, if you are interested?

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
If anyone needs any SC gems made of any level, I got my Perfect Gemology on tonight. Happy to do them for fellow DSLRers.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I could use some of all colors!
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast

I just cant seem to get motivated to play, only reason I still try is to get the achievements, HC 60, five of each class, so far im 3\5

I will log in, play for about 10 minutes and then realize im on a gerbal wheel that im going to have to do the same thing all over again just to level up the alts, currently i have a monk at 44 that seems very weak, so I end up logging off

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I read somewhere that this game was described as a trash hunting game. Sort through a ton of trash for that one gem.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

said by stvnbrs:

I read somewhere that this game was described as a trash hunting game. Sort through a ton of trash for that one gem.

D3 isnt like WoW. You can’t enter a 5 man dungeon and know that you are going to get a reward for your efforts, whether it be an item from the dungeon or emblems to turn into a vendor for gear. You cant enter a raid and hope that your Tier X gloves are going to drop.

But running a D3 farm run doesn’t take 2-3 hours either. If I farm for 2-3 hours in Diablo 3, I am bound to find something to sell or use or save for a new character down the road. The game certainly needed some tweaking, almost assuredly. But it is getting much better.

Funny that you should mention a hamster wheel. Isnt that what every RPG game is? Always hunting for that next piece of cheese?

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

said by Savious:

said by stvnbrs:

If I farm for 2-3 hours in Diablo 3, I am bound to find something to sell or use or save for a new character down the road.

That is funny, because after almost 200 hours of play time, I haven't found anything that is described better than "crap" and gain more trying to farm gold than anything. The problem with the game is that the low end of the items are so damn low... and if you are like me and haven't gotten a single upgrade outside of the AH, feels like a trash hunter that you have given up looking for a gem and started recycling bottles instead. Take a look at TL2, I consider that the true D2 sequel.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I don't think I've looted a single upgrade. I've had 3 legendary drops, all 3 crap and worthless. It's kind of silly with 300+ mf, you get a 63lvl gloves off a boss mob and it has 200 armor, 30str, 25dex, and 10% gold find. Pure shit.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

MF is not a guarantee, its an improved chance on finding rates and what not, it has no effect on the quality of the item.
Savious

Savious to cyrus360

Premium Member

to cyrus360
I found a monk ring last time I played that I sold for 5m+Orobouros

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

But running a D3 farm run doesn’t take 2-3 hours either. If I farm for 2-3 hours in Diablo 3, I am bound to find something to sell or use or save for a new character down the road.

You say that...but I run Act 3 with 300 MF pre-stacks...and its not guaranteed to find loot every 2-3 hour run.
Thaler

Thaler to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

MF is not a guarantee, its an improved chance on finding rates and what not, it has no effect on the quality of the item.

Incorrect actually. As per Diablo's guide pages, how drops work is that the system runs down a hierarchy of possible loots from highest to lowest:

Unique > 6 Affix Rare > 5 Affix Rare > ... > 1 Affix Uncommon > Normal > etc.

Magic Find increases the rolls in a multiplicative fashion on down the line. ie. 300% MF should give you 3x as likely chance of dropping unique, more affix rares, etc.

Of course, this is 3x a rate of almost jack diddly. Having one lotto ticket vs. 3 lotto tickets doesn't really make you more noticeably likely to win the mega jackpot...but the effect is definitely there.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

You're misreading what I'm saying. Im saying mf increases your chance to get a six roll rare, but doesn't increase your odds of getting good rolls.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I got a pretty decent chest piece drop, sold it for 17mil. Got a few other mildly ok items that should fetch a mil or two.

Once I get max paragon level I will swap out some gear since I won't need the mf stat anymore.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

You're misreading what I'm saying. Im saying mf increases your chance to get a six roll rare, but doesn't increase your odds of getting good rolls.

a good roll = six roll rare

+mf increases your chance of the good roll

how does that not increase your odds of getting a good roll?

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I am still pretty newbish when it comes to the finer details of the stuff you guys are referring to. When you say unique, are you referring to the brown legendary drops? When you say a 6 affix rare does that mean there are 6 stat/ability/enhancements on the item?

I would probably make more money on the market if I knew better what the "hot" item gear is for the other classes/builds.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to pr1mo

Premium Member

to pr1mo
said by pr1mo:

said by Savious:

a good roll = six roll rare

+mf increases your chance of the good roll

how does that not increase your odds of getting a good roll?

Because your 6 roll rare can be:

+2300 Health Globe Pickup
+92 Strength
+117 Intelligence
+32 Fire Resist
Reduce Hatred Cost of Chakram by 2 (Demon Hunter Only)
13% Increased Gold Find

Follow me now?

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Actually I don't understand your response at all.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Ok, so MF increases your chance of finding a 6 roll rare, legendary, whatever.

But having a legendary or a 6 roll rare does not equate to having a good item.

Therefore, MF does not increase your chances of finding a well rolled rare, rather, it just increases your chance of finding a rare.

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

Well your ability to roll is determined by RNG gods. Statistically speaking though, with +300% MF, you have 4x the probability to find that good roll as compared to someone with no MF:

(1+MF%)*(Base MF rate) / (Base MF rate) = (1+MF%)
ie. (1+MF%) @ 300% MF is (1+3.00)=4

Of course, if you can't roll for jack, 4*jack is about the same as rolling jack.
Thaler

Thaler to pr1mo

Premium Member

to pr1mo
said by pr1mo:

I think he's meaning that the ability to roll a "good" rare (ie. a rare with all the rolls in the right place) is different than rolling a rare with 4/5/6 affixes.

Of course, with increased MF, you have more 4/5/6 affix rares to sift through in the search of that "good" roll. The RNG gods can still screw you pretty hard in the rares you do find though.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I get what you're saying, you can get a 6 affix item but all the affixes can be shit/useless.

I still don't get how there are so many awesome legendary items always for sale on the market. I think I am Paragon level 12 and have only seen 3 legendary drops and they were pure garbage. The RNG god's laugh at me every time I play.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to Thaler

Premium Member

to Thaler
I mean, obviously, having more MF increases your chance to find more items, which in turn increases your chances of finding good items. It doesnt directly correlate, but you cant complain about having XXX% MF and not getting good items.

For example, finding a legendary is a big deal, and you can probably attribute that to a higher MF%, but it doenst mean you are giong to roll a perfect Skorn or whatever.
Savious

Savious to Thaler

Premium Member

to Thaler
said by Thaler:

said by pr1mo:

I think he's meaning that the ability to roll a "good" rare (ie. a rare with all the rolls in the right place) is different than rolling a rare with 4/5/6 affixes.

Of course, with increased MF, you have more 4/5/6 affix rares to sift through in the search of that "good" roll. The RNG gods can still screw you pretty hard in the rares you do find though.

Act 3 runs time now?

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

I mean, obviously, having more MF increases your chance to find more items, which in turn increases your chances of finding good items. It doesnt directly correlate, but you cant complain about having XXX% MF and not getting good items.

Pretty sure if I find a 600 DPS single socket Manticore, I'm entitled to go down to Blizzard and flip over Jay's car.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Click for full size
Too funny that the last few posts I complained about not getting decent items, I end up snagging some good items. Just went and did a run through the Keep and got a high end pant item.

Allow me to lodge another complaint to the RNG gods. You guys suck. (Let's see if it works again!)

I was doing Azmodan runs but I tried the Keep. It's so much fun with a whirlwind barb build. I love just smashing through 100+ mobs and wasting them all. Think my highest in one pass was 130 something. Get's you some decent bonus xp too and it's a lot of fun to watch everything get steam rolled.
cyrus360

cyrus360 to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Click for full size
It worked! I curse thee again RNG gods!
cyrus360

cyrus360 to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Click for full size
Got another! The Keeps are a crazy spot to farm. 5mil xp in 10 minutes and tons of pretty good loots.