Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus

Re: Official Diablo 3 Thread

I couldn't, in my heart, allow this post to go to page 2.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Exodus

MVM

to Exodus
I haven't even reloaded it on my machine. Since MoP came out I don't need anything to fill my time and since Diablo 3 and WoW are both up and down at the same time, a major disappointment in my book, I don't feel the need to install.
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast

Anyone have todays patch notes? I just heard something about ingame advertising, if thats true... time to delete\uninstall the game.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

said by Jodokast:

Anyone have todays patch notes? I just heard something about ingame advertising, if thats true... time to delete\uninstall the game.

»fr.reddit.com/r/Diablo/c ··· h_notes/

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

[–]LabLover_inCA[]
Anyone care to give some highlights to someone that stopped playing right around 1.0.3?

[–]hysteria87
1.0.4 - Monster hp/damage nerfed, characters buffed, legendaries buffed, rares are crappy.
1.0.5 - Items can't drop below level 58 in inferno, monster power levels change all monsters to level 63 and they make the loot they drop roll with up to ilvl 63 affixes as well as dropping more items.
Hellfire Ring gives you 35% more xp, 170-200 mainstat, 4 random props and you have to kill a boss in each act with 5 stacks for a chance to get keys or the recipe (act 4 one time only).
Use keys to open portals to kill pairs of uber versions of bosses from various acts for a chance at organs. Use the 3 organs to craft ring.
Resplendent chests are worthwile again and doing events is also as they drop loots based on your NV stacks and give you 1 if you are below 5.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile

Premium Member

Just played 1.0.5 as a WW barbarian last night for about 3 hours. Here are my thoughts.

I like the new layout, and the monster power makes a HUGE difference. I started out at MP7, and it literally took 10 minutes of straight spinning to bring down a pack. The good news is that when I was 5-stacked, I got a ledgendary with the first pack I faced afterwards. I didnt see this in the notes, but I feel like Molten is much stronger than it was before.

If you havent played since 1.0.3, youll notice quite a difference. In a lot of ways, they made the game better with the paragon levels, and now with the ledgedary drop doubled, AH prices should go down to less than a billion gold for anything good.

Prior to 1.0.3, inferno was nearly impossible, but now its beatable with the right gear and setup on any class.

All that being said...the game still isnt what D2 was. Acts 3 and 4 are really lazily built, and there isnt as much customization (only 4 gems, as opposed to D2s 16 gems, and 24 runes).

You should still find it enjoyable, but youre going to need some bank to get some good gear.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

said by baineschile:

only 4 gems, as opposed to D2s 16 gems

???

Diamond
Ruby
Amethyst
Skull
Emerald
Topaz
Savious

Savious

Premium Member

In addition, all of those gems were useless. Topaz were only used for MF if you couldn't afford IST runes.
Savious

Savious to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Anyone else looking to do some key farming? I played for a bit last night on MP1. The game is actually difficult again.

I got my Act 1 key, tried for an Act 2 but no dice. Its actually exciting to try for keys now.

Hit me up if you want to do some farmin!

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to Exodus

to Exodus
Whats up diablo 3 fans/players? was just checking up on whats going on with diablo 3 lately since i do not have the game installed anymore nor do i play it.. So does Diablo 3 still not have an offline mode? If it does then I would love to jump back into it, its been 3 months or longer since i last played (since release)

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Tried out a bit of 1.0.5. Got $40 in 2 hours of play. Neat.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by Thaler:

Tried out a bit of 1.0.5. Got $40 in 2 hours of play. Neat.

Thats part of the reason why I quit.... You find some great things on your journey's and then find out that you can make a big wad of cash from it... oh did I mention "from a game that can only be played ONLINE"?? haha thats tells me nothing has changed about diablo 3 still.. Have fun with that crummy game cause I still aint returning back to it.

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

The reason you quit is because other people made a few bills here and there?

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

said by Thaler:

He probably means the auction house mechanics and how it impacted the game play, at least with regards to item drops.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by jmn1207:

said by Thaler:

He probably means the auction house mechanics and how it impacted the game play, at least with regards to item drops.

That too but also I have satellite.
diablo18926

diablo18926 to Thaler

to Thaler
said by Thaler:

You have any idea what can happen? Your account can get hacked and then all your expensive items will get pawned off to someone else or sold to someone in the AH....

I would'nt be surprised if my account had gotten hacked and then all items raided and sold for a few hundred dollars. Say whats the max amount of money you can sell per item? Last I heard was $150 or $250, the only thing you would be for the hacker is there giny ping (item go getter) so the hacker would sit back and watch you sell all your items and make a lot of money and then he will eventually hack into that account.. Think Blizzard would stop this?? pff no, as soon as the hacker takes your money its gone, when its gone its gone.. I only see this game to be some go getting item and hacking and making tons of money from

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

said by diablo18926:

You have any idea what can happen? Your account can get hacked and then all your expensive items will get pawned off to someone else or sold to someone in the AH....

Then you tell a GM what happened, they restore your account, and you keep on playing? It's happened before to hacked people. I see no reason it wouldn't happen again.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

He's a troll.

And the AH has no effect on item drops.

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

said by Savious:

He's a troll.

And the AH has no effect on item drops.

I'm positive that I read comments from the developers that suggested that in order to keep the auction house relative, that certain tweaks were necessary to how the items were dropped?

An original comment has since been removed, however, it was copied and pasted into a message from another forum.

»www.escapistmagazine.com ··· op-rates

"The auction house obviously provides an incredible service to allow for very easy trades between characters, and essentially blows out the wide range of items you could have available to you at any one time. So, in fact, the AH has to be a factor in how we drop items. On one hand you have a huge benefit because you can buy and sell items very easily, as opposed to having to post up WTS threads in the old USEast trading forums, but on the other end it does impact the item pool economy with the inherent ease at which you can trade items. If the AH existed but wasn't a factor at all into how items dropped/rolled, the economy would be completely tanked within a matter of weeks."

And now Blizzard recalled this post in their own forums and have stated that the AH has no impact on the drop rates. However, even in a public damage control effort, there seems to be some contradictions being tossed around.

»news.softpedia.com/news/ ··· 02.shtml

“The drop rates were tuned for a player who would never use the Auction House."

“When we say we "took the AH into account," that means it's one of many factors..."

I personally can't see how the drop rates are not a significant consideration to the Diablo III "economy".

At any rate, I found the game to be rather dull, and the grinding with this game is not keeping me hooked, whereas I enjoyed this immensely with the last version. The time I spent playing Diablo II compared to Diablo III is very telling to me.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

said by jmn1207:

“When we say we "took the AH into account," that means it's one of many factors..."

No kidding. The 'old' single player model is that you'd get lots of drops but many of them aren't applicable to your character, so you dump them for a pittance at the shops and wait for something you can use.

In D3 I don't recall getting anything I wanted to use after the first few levels. If they dropped tons of stuff it certainly would tank prices on the AH like the post says. So they don't, and you have to waste time buying/selling on the AH to gear up. Combine this with the difficulty of the higher levels and pretty soon you are spending huge chunks of time playing "Diablo 3: Auction House" instead of "Diablo 3: Hack and Slash". Boooring.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by pnjunction:

said by jmn1207:

No kidding. The 'old' single player model is that you'd get lots of drops but many of them aren't applicable to your character, so you dump them for a pittance at the shops and wait for something you can use.

In D3 I don't recall getting anything I wanted to use after the first few levels. If they dropped tons of stuff it certainly would tank prices on the AH like the post says. So they don't, and you have to waste time buying/selling on the AH to gear up. Combine this with the difficulty of the higher levels and pretty soon you are spending huge chunks of time playing "Diablo 3: Auction House" instead of "Diablo 3: Hack and Slash". Boooring.

Hm seems like gambling to me... I never liked gambling so i guess this is another priceless reason for why I should be avoiding diablo 3

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

Well random drops have always been 'gambling' in that things are not certain and your luck plays a role. What they added with the auction house is another layer where you have to put in a bunch of boring work to turn your drops into stuff you can use.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

1 recommendation

baineschile

Premium Member

Goodbye thread. You have been sweet.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

muahaha

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
/rip

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to Exodus

to Exodus
»dl.dropbox.com/u/8830418 ··· lag4.avi

Kinda lagging here.. When will Bliz release a full offline mode/client?

Weasel
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03
Minnesota

Weasel to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I fired up D3 and was trying to play a bit to give my Monk some time to work up some Rested XP. Only made it about 5 minutes. Might try again tonight.
98738923 (banned)
join:2012-12-17

98738923 (banned) to Exodus

to Exodus
Personally i prefer Diablo 2, but Diablo 3 has better graphic.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing

You might want to give Path of Exile a try. I heard it is more in the spirit of Diablo 2, than Diablo 3 is.

It is free to play, and you can get into the closed beta for $10. Or just wait until it releases.

DaMan666
Premium Member
join:2004-09-17
Minneapolis, MN

DaMan666 to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Been reading a bit here and nobody seems to like this game much. Anyway, I am trying to get to house of curios for the "No stone left unturned" achivement. I have respawned field of misery about 25 times and cant find it. Is it that rare?