kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to pnjunction

Re: Official Diablo 3 Thread

said by pnjunction:

said by jmn1207:

“When we say we "took the AH into account," that means it's one of many factors..."

No kidding. The 'old' single player model is that you'd get lots of drops but many of them aren't applicable to your character, so you dump them for a pittance at the shops and wait for something you can use.

In D3 I don't recall getting anything I wanted to use after the first few levels. If they dropped tons of stuff it certainly would tank prices on the AH like the post says. So they don't, and you have to waste time buying/selling on the AH to gear up. Combine this with the difficulty of the higher levels and pretty soon you are spending huge chunks of time playing "Diablo 3: Auction House" instead of "Diablo 3: Hack and Slash". Boooring.

Hm seems like gambling to me... I never liked gambling so i guess this is another priceless reason for why I should be avoiding diablo 3
--
HN7000S/ 1 watt/ pro plus edition/ 4 pc's on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

Well random drops have always been 'gambling' in that things are not certain and your luck plays a role. What they added with the auction house is another layer where you have to put in a bunch of boring work to turn your drops into stuff you can use.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

1 recommendation

Goodbye thread. You have been sweet.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

muahaha

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to Archivis

/rip

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
reply to Archivis

»dl.dropbox.com/u/88304180/lag4.avi

Kinda lagging here.. When will Bliz release a full offline mode/client?

The WeaseL
Premium
join:2001-12-03
Minnesota
reply to Archivis

I fired up D3 and was trying to play a bit to give my Monk some time to work up some Rested XP. Only made it about 5 minutes. Might try again tonight.
--
How lucky am I to have known someone who is so hard to say good-bye to.

join:2012-12-17
reply to Archivis

Personally i prefer Diablo 2, but Diablo 3 has better graphic.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10

You might want to give Path of Exile a try. I heard it is more in the spirit of Diablo 2, than Diablo 3 is.

It is free to play, and you can get into the closed beta for $10. Or just wait until it releases.

DaMan666
Does Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle?
Premium
join:2004-09-17
Minneapolis, MN
reply to Archivis

Been reading a bit here and nobody seems to like this game much. Anyway, I am trying to get to house of curios for the "No stone left unturned" achivement. I have respawned field of misery about 25 times and cant find it. Is it that rare?
--
Dean: "There's light at the end of the tunnel"
Sam: "It's hell fire dean"

TheThing

reply to Archivis

*cricket... cricket.... cricket...*

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to DaMan666

said by DaMan666:

Been reading a bit here and nobody seems to like this game much.

you could'nt even pay my one brother enough to play this game just one last time, he says he ain't buying from bliz again- i dont blame 'em
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

I'm guessing that nobody here is playing this game anymore. Right?

With all the hype that surrounded the Diablo 3 launch, it turned (at least to me) out to be a bit of a disappointment.

Fiftycals

join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX

The game lasted about a month for a healthy part of the DSLR community. It's since been put on the back burner for the majority of us (Including Diablo's NUMBER 1 FAN... ugh uhmm). You'll find most of us playing the more solid based games such as WoW, LoL, GW2, TF2... ect.

/RIP Diablo 3

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

I started to play the game again with a new character that I made. Truth be told, I just don't find the game fun to play anymore, especially since I had to work so hard to get my one character to be where he is right now; the highest level of the game.

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that in order to really beat the game you practically have to use the Auction House? I remember getting to the second act of the game and I had to go back to the first act just to get some experience to even play in the second act because the second act kept handing my head to me.

Knowing how hard it was to play the game, starting out with a new character is discouraging. Yeah, I could play with my "god like" character but where's the fun in that?
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | AOKP (The Android Open Kang Project)

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Archivis

Well I just reinstalled my copy right before i posted my links above.. I pretty much have to change to a different region server such as Europe's, the lag can get very out of hand, i get disconnections as i am clearing out one of the areas.. A lot of times i would be slashing away the enemies then i suddenly will notice my map is not loading, its just one giant area that is nothing and i can't walk over it or into it, few minutes later I will get killed cause my connection dies off slowly then i respawn back to town then the disconnection error shows. Its just absolutely no fun for me anymore):

Anyway my mind is on Torchlight 2 now, just got it for a cheap price on steam, great game.. When the servers go down (when i am playing by myself) I don't see any error windows pop up and remind me that the servers are down nor do i have to restart. I also notice a bunch of less lag than diablo 3, thats a huge thumbs up for me.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password

DaMan666
Premium
Minneapolis, MN
reply to Archivis

I guess I dont find anything really wrong with the game. The hack and slash aspect is what diablo was always about. I rarely loss connection when playing, and the real money auction house i'm not sure of. Heard To many problems about it, But It will work out. Thats Americas servers I'm playing on. I did Play to lvl 10 europe when I started out, but just because I didnt realize what server I was on. Have fun.
--

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Archivis

I've probably put 20 hours in over the last week.

I wanted to have some mind-numbing entertainment in front of the PC that I haven't had in a couple months.

Some high points:
•Finding /r/Diablo3Wizards and having an incredibly helpful player guide me through an Archon build & gearing
•Same player informing me the amulet I'd found the day before was a "trifecta" and worth 100m+.
•Gearing up an entire Archon build and being able to farm mp1 w/o issue at 155k dps & plenty of MF.

Some low points:
•Found three legendaries. All sucked balls.
•10 auctions at a time sucks. Now I understand why people leave tons of rares on the ground. Yes, that may be worth 250k+ but it takes up an auction slot and probably won't get bought out very quickly.
•"Show Similar Items" option doesn't carry over stats from Legendaries so you have to manually do it.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

Hey Drew, there a subreddit for Demon Hunters? Pretty sure there's a better way I could be playing mine.

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

Not that I could find on metareddit but maybe /r/Diablo3Strategy?

Zaferinnas

join:2012-09-03
Federal Way, WA
reply to Archivis

I recently re-installed Diablo 3 and im having fun playing it again. Let my Wow Annual pass lapse for the last month and as 12/22/12 my account is done with the Annual pass contract and i still have access to D3. I started a Wizard and im really liking the gameplay, feels much better than my Monk.

TheThing

reply to Archivis

Not happy with Diablo 3?

here are your very good alternatives:

»Path of Exile

»Official Marvel Heroes Thread

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA

For my loot fix, I prefer Borderlands 2.

TheThing

well i prefer GW2 to everything.

my comment was focused on Isometric View, Diablo Genre type games!

PoE and Marvel Heroes are the way to go for that!

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA

Ok, but many refer to Diablo 3 as an action/rpg with a focus on loot. They are very similar in this regard, although one is a bazillion times more fun.

TheThing

for my fps kick i will go with Firefall, which is still a work in progress

and yes... BL2 does have many similarities with the Diablo genre

GW2 also has many similarities with the Diablo genre, with loot and MF as well

DaMan666
Premium
Minneapolis, MN
reply to Archivis

I was going to comment about the action house and rare items. I have just been selling stuff fairly cheap and not playing every once and a while to clear out my storage. If after about three days no one wants it I salvage it and move on. Im around low 40's for a level.
Also, I seealot of rare items in the action house for 2000, 5000 gold. Why would you sell it that cheap? Even the ones you can get from vendors are about 10K. This game needs an addon like WoW for items. It would be hard cause of all the stats though.
--

TheThing

if an item is that cheap on the AH its usually because the combination of stats don't make sense for any class.

like +str and +int?

who would that be good for? no one

as you reach the best items in the game, and the stats are perfect for certain classes, the costs increase exponentially

an item might only be 5% better for a warrior than the next lower item, but costs like 200% more

either that, or people don't realize they are better off vendoring it, or salvaging it, instead of selling it on the AH for that cheap

DaMan666
Premium
Minneapolis, MN

That makes sense. I would say salvage the item before screwing up the market as it is. No rare item should be under 10k. No matter the level. I would say not even if its just A bid price with no buy out. I see people do this even with level 30-40 items. And Im talking about universal items too. I picked my first char(WD, someplace in this thread someone said it would be the worst char so I picked it) I like it.
Maybe people dont understand the other stats. I just think universal. Magic item % and pick up radius.
My first and only Legendary item I sold for a song because the market was flooded with it
--

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
reply to Archivis

While I know this is the PC gaming forum... I feel that this is pretty relevant and explains pretty much everything wrong with Diablo 3.

»www.mmo-champion.com/content/313···ystation

quote:
Chris Metzen just announced that Diablo 3 will be coming to both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. It is currently running well on the PS3 with a console optimized UI and controls and has a four player co-op mode. More information will be revealed at PAX East.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me