*cricket... cricket.... cricket...*

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to DaMan666

to DaMan666
said by DaMan666:

Been reading a bit here and nobody seems to like this game much.

you could'nt even pay my one brother enough to play this game just one last time, he says he ain't buying from bliz again- i dont blame 'em

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

trparky

Premium Member

I'm guessing that nobody here is playing this game anymore. Right?

With all the hype that surrounded the Diablo 3 launch, it turned (at least to me) out to be a bit of a disappointment.

Fiftycals
join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX

Fiftycals

The game lasted about a month for a healthy part of the DSLR community. It's since been put on the back burner for the majority of us (Including Diablo's NUMBER 1 FAN... ugh uhmm). You'll find most of us playing the more solid based games such as WoW, LoL, GW2, TF2... ect.

/RIP Diablo 3

trparky
Premium Member
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky

Premium Member

I started to play the game again with a new character that I made. Truth be told, I just don't find the game fun to play anymore, especially since I had to work so hard to get my one character to be where he is right now; the highest level of the game.

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that in order to really beat the game you practically have to use the Auction House? I remember getting to the second act of the game and I had to go back to the first act just to get some experience to even play in the second act because the second act kept handing my head to me.

Knowing how hard it was to play the game, starting out with a new character is discouraging. Yeah, I could play with my "god like" character but where's the fun in that?

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to Exodus

to Exodus
Well I just reinstalled my copy right before i posted my links above.. I pretty much have to change to a different region server such as Europe's, the lag can get very out of hand, i get disconnections as i am clearing out one of the areas.. A lot of times i would be slashing away the enemies then i suddenly will notice my map is not loading, its just one giant area that is nothing and i can't walk over it or into it, few minutes later I will get killed cause my connection dies off slowly then i respawn back to town then the disconnection error shows. Its just absolutely no fun for me anymore):

Anyway my mind is on Torchlight 2 now, just got it for a cheap price on steam, great game.. When the servers go down (when i am playing by myself) I don't see any error windows pop up and remind me that the servers are down nor do i have to restart. I also notice a bunch of less lag than diablo 3, thats a huge thumbs up for me.

DaMan666
Premium Member
join:2004-09-17
Minneapolis, MN

DaMan666 to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I guess I dont find anything really wrong with the game. The hack and slash aspect is what diablo was always about. I rarely loss connection when playing, and the real money auction house i'm not sure of. Heard To many problems about it, But It will work out. Thats Americas servers I'm playing on. I did Play to lvl 10 europe when I started out, but just because I didnt realize what server I was on. Have fun.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I've probably put 20 hours in over the last week.

I wanted to have some mind-numbing entertainment in front of the PC that I haven't had in a couple months.

Some high points:
•Finding /r/Diablo3Wizards and having an incredibly helpful player guide me through an Archon build & gearing
•Same player informing me the amulet I'd found the day before was a "trifecta" and worth 100m+.
•Gearing up an entire Archon build and being able to farm mp1 w/o issue at 155k dps & plenty of MF.

Some low points:
•Found three legendaries. All sucked balls.
•10 auctions at a time sucks. Now I understand why people leave tons of rares on the ground. Yes, that may be worth 250k+ but it takes up an auction slot and probably won't get bought out very quickly.
•"Show Similar Items" option doesn't carry over stats from Legendaries so you have to manually do it.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

Hey Drew, there a subreddit for Demon Hunters? Pretty sure there's a better way I could be playing mine.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Not that I could find on metareddit but maybe /r/Diablo3Strategy?

Zaferinnas
join:2012-09-03
Federal Way, WA

Zaferinnas to Exodus

to Exodus
I recently re-installed Diablo 3 and im having fun playing it again. Let my Wow Annual pass lapse for the last month and as 12/22/12 my account is done with the Annual pass contract and i still have access to D3. I started a Wizard and im really liking the gameplay, feels much better than my Monk.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to Exodus

to Exodus
Not happy with Diablo 3?

here are your very good alternatives:

»Path of Exile

»Official Marvel Heroes Thread

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

For my loot fix, I prefer Borderlands 2.

TheThing

TheThing

well i prefer GW2 to everything.

my comment was focused on Isometric View, Diablo Genre type games!

PoE and Marvel Heroes are the way to go for that!

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

Ok, but many refer to Diablo 3 as an action/rpg with a focus on loot. They are very similar in this regard, although one is a bazillion times more fun.

TheThing

TheThing

for my fps kick i will go with Firefall, which is still a work in progress

and yes... BL2 does have many similarities with the Diablo genre

GW2 also has many similarities with the Diablo genre, with loot and MF as well

DaMan666
Premium Member
Minneapolis, MN

DaMan666 to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I was going to comment about the action house and rare items. I have just been selling stuff fairly cheap and not playing every once and a while to clear out my storage. If after about three days no one wants it I salvage it and move on. Im around low 40's for a level.
Also, I seealot of rare items in the action house for 2000, 5000 gold. Why would you sell it that cheap? Even the ones you can get from vendors are about 10K. This game needs an addon like WoW for items. It would be hard cause of all the stats though.

TheThing

TheThing

if an item is that cheap on the AH its usually because the combination of stats don't make sense for any class.

like +str and +int?

who would that be good for? no one

as you reach the best items in the game, and the stats are perfect for certain classes, the costs increase exponentially

an item might only be 5% better for a warrior than the next lower item, but costs like 200% more

either that, or people don't realize they are better off vendoring it, or salvaging it, instead of selling it on the AH for that cheap

DaMan666
Premium Member
Minneapolis, MN

DaMan666

Premium Member

That makes sense. I would say salvage the item before screwing up the market as it is. No rare item should be under 10k. No matter the level. I would say not even if its just A bid price with no buy out. I see people do this even with level 30-40 items. And Im talking about universal items too. I picked my first char(WD, someplace in this thread someone said it would be the worst char so I picked it) I like it.
Maybe people dont understand the other stats. I just think universal. Magic item % and pick up radius.
My first and only Legendary item I sold for a song because the market was flooded with it

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
While I know this is the PC gaming forum... I feel that this is pretty relevant and explains pretty much everything wrong with Diablo 3.

»www.mmo-champion.com/con ··· ystation
quote:
Chris Metzen just announced that Diablo 3 will be coming to both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. It is currently running well on the PS3 with a console optimized UI and controls and has a four player co-op mode. More information will be revealed at PAX East.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

I dunno...I guess it opens their market, but just feels like Cash Grab 2.0 for D3.

Blizz has lost their way, afaic...Once the epitome of what was right about pc games, they've steadily made bad to worse decisions on 2 of their 3 flagship titles (imho, of course)

I don't play SC, but it seems that would be the only one that seems to have kept it's "street cred".

Just imagining how the controlling is going to work makes me cringe...no thanks.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

By all accounts, MoP is a huge success for those still interested in WoW. The difficulty is the MMO genre. But that discussion is for another topic...

The move to consoles explains the poor UI elements, the four-button ability stuff... lack of PVP, etc.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to drew

Premium Member

to drew
Nobody on the PC wants to play the game anymore. May as well port to console. Wonder if they'll keep the RMAH.

What a major disappointment.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

said by Exodus:

Nobody on the PC wants to play the game anymore. May as well port to console. Wonder if they'll keep the RMAH.

What a major disappointment.

I logged onto my D3 account earlier tonight for the first time in 4 months....give or take. Easily half the people on my friends list has a "Last Online" time greater than 150 days with a small handful having 200+ days. I think the last time I actually played was just after patch 1.0.3 was released.

trparky
Premium Member
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky

Premium Member

I played it when I first got the game, now... I have it installed but I don't even want to play it. I tried to play the game with a new character but it wasn't fun at all, I kept dying all the damn time. Every item I picked up was next to useless. It's almost as if you need to spend money in the Online Auction House to get anything worth a damn.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to Exodus

to Exodus
I started playing again not very long ago and I could'nt play, players were saying they had lag and when they lag I lag horribly since I'm on satellite):

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I took a month break from the game. I picked it back up, and now I am having more fun than ever. If this was the game that came out at launch, I think a lot more people would still be on it.

Still stinks that you have to get most stuff from the auction house, but finding ledgendaries, along with paragon system has made gold aquisition much easier. I love playing in groups now, and the Uber runs and crafting has added another element. Pricing has gone down significantly, since so many more people are finding ledgendaries.

I still hate the RMAH, but a money grab is a money grab. I think they should try and implement a "trade gear" house, where people can trade items, as opposed to just selling and buying, but I dont think that will happen.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
said by trparky:

I played it when I first got the game, now... I have it installed but I don't even want to play it. I tried to play the game with a new character but it wasn't fun at all, I kept dying all the damn time. Every item I picked up was next to useless. It's almost as if you need to spend money in the Online Auction House to get anything worth a damn.

Not to be rude, but if you are repeatedly dying with a new character then either you have your MP set too high or you are very very bad at the game.

trparky
Premium Member
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky

Premium Member

I have a character that's like a freakin' "god" in the game. One swipe of the sword and the monster is dead, even in the highest difficulty of the game. Too bad I had to resort to buying gold and going to the Online Auction House to get all of the equipment to make that character a "god" in the game.

I don't remember having to do any of that stuff in Diablo 2.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

said by trparky:

Not to be rude, but if you are repeatedly dying with a new character then either you have your MP set too high or you are very very bad at the game.

That's true, I was downright bored through the first difficulty. It was way too easy. But of course he's right on the second part; at later difficulties the AH is the only way to upgrade gear. Bah.