Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zaferinnas

join:2012-09-03
Federal Way, WA
reply to Archivis

Re: Official Diablo 3 Thread

I recently re-installed Diablo 3 and im having fun playing it again. Let my Wow Annual pass lapse for the last month and as 12/22/12 my account is done with the Annual pass contract and i still have access to D3. I started a Wizard and im really liking the gameplay, feels much better than my Monk.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to Archivis

Not happy with Diablo 3?

here are your very good alternatives:

»Path of Exile

»Official Marvel Heroes Thread

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA

For my loot fix, I prefer Borderlands 2.

TheThing

well i prefer GW2 to everything.

my comment was focused on Isometric View, Diablo Genre type games!

PoE and Marvel Heroes are the way to go for that!

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA

Ok, but many refer to Diablo 3 as an action/rpg with a focus on loot. They are very similar in this regard, although one is a bazillion times more fun.

TheThing

for my fps kick i will go with Firefall, which is still a work in progress

and yes... BL2 does have many similarities with the Diablo genre

GW2 also has many similarities with the Diablo genre, with loot and MF as well

DaMan666
Does Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle?
Premium
join:2004-09-17
Minneapolis, MN
reply to Archivis

I was going to comment about the action house and rare items. I have just been selling stuff fairly cheap and not playing every once and a while to clear out my storage. If after about three days no one wants it I salvage it and move on. Im around low 40's for a level.
Also, I seealot of rare items in the action house for 2000, 5000 gold. Why would you sell it that cheap? Even the ones you can get from vendors are about 10K. This game needs an addon like WoW for items. It would be hard cause of all the stats though.
--
Dean: "There's light at the end of the tunnel"
Sam: "It's hell fire dean"

TheThing

Reviews:
·Comcast

if an item is that cheap on the AH its usually because the combination of stats don't make sense for any class.

like +str and +int?

who would that be good for? no one

as you reach the best items in the game, and the stats are perfect for certain classes, the costs increase exponentially

an item might only be 5% better for a warrior than the next lower item, but costs like 200% more

either that, or people don't realize they are better off vendoring it, or salvaging it, instead of selling it on the AH for that cheap

DaMan666
Does Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle?
Premium
join:2004-09-17
Minneapolis, MN

That makes sense. I would say salvage the item before screwing up the market as it is. No rare item should be under 10k. No matter the level. I would say not even if its just A bid price with no buy out. I see people do this even with level 30-40 items. And Im talking about universal items too. I picked my first char(WD, someplace in this thread someone said it would be the worst char so I picked it) I like it.
Maybe people dont understand the other stats. I just think universal. Magic item % and pick up radius.
My first and only Legendary item I sold for a song because the market was flooded with it
--
Dean: "There's light at the end of the tunnel"
Sam: "It's hell fire dean"

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Archivis

While I know this is the PC gaming forum... I feel that this is pretty relevant and explains pretty much everything wrong with Diablo 3.

»www.mmo-champion.com/content/313···ystation

quote:
Chris Metzen just announced that Diablo 3 will be coming to both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. It is currently running well on the PS3 with a console optimized UI and controls and has a four player co-op mode. More information will be revealed at PAX East.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2

I dunno...I guess it opens their market, but just feels like Cash Grab 2.0 for D3.

Blizz has lost their way, afaic...Once the epitome of what was right about pc games, they've steadily made bad to worse decisions on 2 of their 3 flagship titles (imho, of course)

I don't play SC, but it seems that would be the only one that seems to have kept it's "street cred".

Just imagining how the controlling is going to work makes me cringe...no thanks.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

By all accounts, MoP is a huge success for those still interested in WoW. The difficulty is the MMO genre. But that discussion is for another topic...

The move to consoles explains the poor UI elements, the four-button ability stuff... lack of PVP, etc.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to drew

Nobody on the PC wants to play the game anymore. May as well port to console. Wonder if they'll keep the RMAH.

What a major disappointment.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

said by Archivis:

Nobody on the PC wants to play the game anymore. May as well port to console. Wonder if they'll keep the RMAH.

What a major disappointment.

I logged onto my D3 account earlier tonight for the first time in 4 months....give or take. Easily half the people on my friends list has a "Last Online" time greater than 150 days with a small handful having 200+ days. I think the last time I actually played was just after patch 1.0.3 was released.
--
I'll be stretching out the rhyme like gravity stretches time.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

I played it when I first got the game, now... I have it installed but I don't even want to play it. I tried to play the game with a new character but it wasn't fun at all, I kept dying all the damn time. Every item I picked up was next to useless. It's almost as if you need to spend money in the Online Auction House to get anything worth a damn.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | AOKP (The Android Open Kang Project)

diablo1892
Plough, sew, water, harvest. Repeat.

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
reply to Archivis

I started playing again not very long ago and I could'nt play, players were saying they had lag and when they lag I lag horribly since I'm on satellite):

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to Archivis

I took a month break from the game. I picked it back up, and now I am having more fun than ever. If this was the game that came out at launch, I think a lot more people would still be on it.

Still stinks that you have to get most stuff from the auction house, but finding ledgendaries, along with paragon system has made gold aquisition much easier. I love playing in groups now, and the Uber runs and crafting has added another element. Pricing has gone down significantly, since so many more people are finding ledgendaries.

I still hate the RMAH, but a money grab is a money grab. I think they should try and implement a "trade gear" house, where people can trade items, as opposed to just selling and buying, but I dont think that will happen.

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to trparky

said by trparky:

I played it when I first got the game, now... I have it installed but I don't even want to play it. I tried to play the game with a new character but it wasn't fun at all, I kept dying all the damn time. Every item I picked up was next to useless. It's almost as if you need to spend money in the Online Auction House to get anything worth a damn.

Not to be rude, but if you are repeatedly dying with a new character then either you have your MP set too high or you are very very bad at the game.
--
"This thread has more subs than the actual game." Phantasee, in reference to SWTOR

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH

I have a character that's like a freakin' "god" in the game. One swipe of the sword and the monster is dead, even in the highest difficulty of the game. Too bad I had to resort to buying gold and going to the Online Auction House to get all of the equipment to make that character a "god" in the game.

I don't remember having to do any of that stuff in Diablo 2.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | AOKP (The Android Open Kang Project)

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

said by trparky:

Not to be rude, but if you are repeatedly dying with a new character then either you have your MP set too high or you are very very bad at the game.

That's true, I was downright bored through the first difficulty. It was way too easy. But of course he's right on the second part; at later difficulties the AH is the only way to upgrade gear. Bah.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to trparky

MP10 inferno you're one shotting things? Please, show a stream.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH

I'm just on Nightmare. I've not gone Inferno but I have gone hell difficulty with MP at level 5.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM
reply to trparky

said by trparky:

I have a character that's like a freakin' "god" in the game. One swipe of the sword and the monster is dead, even in the highest difficulty of the game. Too bad I had to resort to buying gold and going to the Online Auction House to get all of the equipment to make that character a "god" in the game.

I don't remember having to do any of that stuff in Diablo 2.

You just had to do hundreds of Diablo / Baal runs or stack MF to insane levels and then kill Mephisto over and over since he was the easiest act boss to get to.
--
I'll be stretching out the rhyme like gravity stretches time.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to trparky

Normal nightmare and hell are not the highest difficulties in the game.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH

But if you jack the Monster Power up it's nearly as difficult as Inferno except without the permanently dead thing.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

Inferno=Difficulty after hell, must be level 60.
Hardcore=Permanent character death.

So. Normal. Nightmare. Hell. Inferno.
All four difficulties are playable in both softcore and hardcore.
--
"This thread has more subs than the actual game." Phantasee, in reference to SWTOR

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH

Ok, I thought Inferno was the permanent death level.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

Na. I've actually self found several very powerful items in D3 though.

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

1 recommendation

said by Savious:

Na. I've actually self found several very powerful items in D3 though.

Me too...the best one I found looks like a badass red X. It hovers off to you're right, upper right, kinda... and kills anything that gets near you with one click.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

Troll.