spc
Search similar:

uniqs

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

Rogers Internet Blackouts East London

My, how the mighty have fallen. Rogers INet has been blacking out intermittently (at least 50 times) since Friday May 11. Once known for speed and reliability, Rogers Internet is now the King of Crap. No point in calling their CSR's (The Reboot Rejects). After all, it's NEVER ROGERS FAULT. Rogers motto: "Pay up And Shut Up"

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

what's the point of this thread? this isn't a rogers hate forum, sure some of us complain but c'mon...

how many other people in London are affected by this?

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

said by jmck:

what's the point of this thread?

Ottawa huh? Figures. Must have a high Lead content in the water there. Let me draw you a picture. Rogers BRAGS about their reliability. Every year their rates go up. Why? you ask. Network upgrades. Funny thing is. Every year the service GETS WORSE. We pay more and get less. Well, after 55 years (that's right, got Rogers Nov 1954) of Rogers price hikes and socalled network upgrades, I'm FED UP. So I COMPLAIN. You see, a lot of us are Old School. We don't run and hide and WE SURE AS HELL make noise when things aren't right. And anybody that thinks Rogers way of doing things these days is right has a screw loose. Oh, and there's 350,000 folks in London so I'd say quite a few Rogers Internet customers got ripped off this weekend.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

East-ish London here and not a single blip on my service. Care to be a bit more specific on area so other's can chime in with any issues?

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

said by nekkidtruth:

East-ish London here and not a single blip on my service. Care to be a bit more specific on area so other's can chime in with any issues?

Hey Brother! Highbury and Trafalgar. Been the weirdest thing. Internet goes stone dead for about 30 seconds or so then comes back on line perfectly. No set pattern. Could be minutes or hours in between blackouts. All the houses and wires around here are wartime so it could be squirrels again chewing things up. But I don't think so as the download speeds are great when things are working. I'm on Express and getting 17073 kbps scores on Cogeco High Speed Test.
Still using a Docsis 2 modem.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

Rogers said my area has internet white outs? whats the difference between whiteout and blackout?
JMCD23
join:2010-12-06
London, ON

JMCD23 to elitefx

to elitefx
It wouldn't hurt to post any modem stats. Any of your neighbours having the same issue?

Haven't noticed anything in West London or heard complaints from other friends.
biznatch11
join:2004-11-21
London, ON

biznatch11 to elitefx

to elitefx
Central London, Oxford and Richmond reporting in. No problems. While expensive and having low caps, I've had few problems with internet reliability from from Rogers. Occasionally on weekdays around 2:30am (I should be sleeping anyways :P) it'll go out for 5 to 10 minutes. I'm assuming they're doing some kind of maintenance. Power cycling doesn't help but after a few minutes it just starts working.

If my service had been out for 4 days already I'd be looking to replace Rogers.