share rss forum feed

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet

Black Market Auction House Items

I was wondering when they were going to provide more information on this.

said by MMO Champion :

As a followup to yesterday's post, these are the items we have come across on the Black Market Auction House so far. Mounts seem to start at 20,000 gold, Armor at 10,000 gold, Pets at 10,000 gold, and Misc items at 10,000 - 15,000 gold.

The auctions last for 24 hours or more and the current bid cap is 214,748 gold. This cap could be increased in the future, just like the gold limit was increased. After winning, another item is not added to the auction house immediately. The number of items that are up for auction is not the same across all servers. There is no way to tell if these are placeholder items or not, so please wait for an official announcement before providing feedback!

Armor
Bindings of Faith
Bonescythe Helmet
Dreamwalker Wristguards
Earthshatter Handguards
Earthshatter Tunic
Earthshatter Wristguards
Gloves of Faith
Redemption Spaulders
Redemption Tunic
Shoulderpads of Faith
Sandals of Faith

Mounts
Ashes of Al'ar
Reins of the Blazing Drake
Riding Turtle
Swift White Hawkstrider

Misc
Tabard of Flame
Paper Flying Machine Kit
Plans: Living Steel Breastplate

Pets
Hippogryph Hatchling
Elwynn Lamb
Shimmering Wyrmling
Teldrassil Sproutling
Sen'jin Fetish
Cat Carrier (Bombay)
Proto-Drake Whelp

--
Games - GameTech - S.F.Bay -

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Somerset, NJ

1 recommendation

Just one step closer to selling items for real money, imo.
--
What smells like blue?

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

said by Omega:

This is possible, but also will allow Blizzard to actually take things out of the game with some form to offer them while removing gold from the economy. I think this is pretty smart, as it is very easy to make gold in the game. Since the gold-sink mounts (chopper, mammoth and I believe vial) will be account-wide, they need something to better remove gold from economy to keep the inflation down.
--
I am stating my opinion. Obviously you don't like it. Honestly, I don't care.

Skittles_t

join:2012-05-03
reply to shinjuru

I would definitely go for the T3 for my rogue...hope this works out well, but Im sure WoW players will find a way to fuck it up with some scam.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to shinjuru

So wait, Blizzard is itself selling rare drops on the neutral AH now?

watdafuq.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to shinjuru

I got turtle, white hawkstrider, hatchling, sen'jin Fetish, cat carrier, and proto drake already...

Not much right now..

Also the black market core add-on is "unsafe" right now, (so is the pet one)..

So are they making those BoE? or they will remain BoP? (say when you buy them they will bind to the buyer

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN
reply to shinjuru

Can someone fill me in here? I don't understand.

Skittles_t

join:2012-05-03

Copy Pasta:

We don’t know very much about this yet but here is what we do know. This will be an auction house where you can bid on items that you cannot normally buy from NPC’s. in the photo above you see the NPC Mei Francis who sells mounts in Dalaran is selling the Ashes of Al’ar. Normally this NPC does not sell this mount. So Blizzard is playing it off as the NPC’s around Azeroth are selling rare items on the Black Market.

This is a great way for gold makers with loads of gold sitting around collecting dust to sink some gold into something and feel good about it! It helps keep gold out of the economy and should make things in our WoW economy run smoother. For example if Joe Blow has 250k gold and he spends 245k of it on a rare item from the BMAH then clearly Joe cant spend his gold resetting the market on red gems inflating the market so he can make even more gold.

Here are the items seen so far on the Black Market Auction House:

Armor
Gloves of Faith
Redemption Tunic
Bindings of Faith
Bonescythe Helmet
Earthshatter Handguards
Shoulderpads of Faith
Earthshatter Tunic
Sandals of Faith
Redemption Spaulders
Dreamwalker Wristguards
Earthshatter Wristguards

Misc
Tabard of Flame
Plans: Living Steel Breastplate
Paper Flying Machine Kit
Mounts
Ashes of Al’ar
Swift White Hawkstrider
Reins of the Blazing Drake
Riding Turtle

Pets
Elwynn Lamb
Shimmering Wyrmling
Hippogryph Hatchling
Cat Carrier (Bombay)
Teldrassil Sproutling
Proto-Drake Whelp
Sen’jin Fetish

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to shinjuru

I like it, more access to things I might never have otherwise.

It would be nice if they had some way to distinguish those who got the mounts in the original expac (maybe a purple collar), to give them a bit more credit.

djlar

join:2009-04-23

WTB legendary mount from AQ gate opening..
or any of the mounts from Naxx

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to Omega

said by Omega:

One, I'd welcome that. Money's always been up for exchange for gold - this just makes the process safer. Also, this would give a reason for in game currency to have a value. Right now you need to be trading in boatloads to be worth a damn, and even then there's very little to buy.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to shinjuru

said by shinjuru:

I was wondering when they were going to provide more information on this.

I'm fine with this. If they can get derps to spend their hoards of gold, then the value of everyone else's currency goes up. Why would I complain about other people doing me a favor just so they can get vanity bumper stickers for their toons?

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to puppy

said by puppy:

It would be nice if they had some way to distinguish those who got the mounts in the original expac (maybe a purple collar), to give them a bit more credit.

Achievement page. You can easily tell if someone was a Vanilla, BC, Wrath, or now Cata generated toon by it.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

Now just make the neutral AH in a convenient place to be worth a damn.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

said by Thaler:

said by Krisnatharok:

Now just make the neutral AH in a convenient place to be worth a damn.

It would be interesting to see the prices on those rare mounts.
--
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

1 recommendation

reply to shinjuru

from daily blink

puppy

join:2010-01-28

Epic! Thanks for posting

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
kudos:1
reply to stvnbrs

LOL, I love the rideable Tauren and Sylvana's phone number.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to Thaler

said by Thaler:

said by Omega:

One, I'd welcome that. Money's always been up for exchange for gold - this just makes the process safer. Also, this would give a reason for in game currency to have a value. Right now you need to be trading in boatloads to be worth a damn, and even then there's very little to buy.

And then people could at least know they are getting something. If someone is dumb enough to buy stuff off Ebay they can simply be scammed and Blizzard can tell them tough shit. With a Blizzard run operation the item would be removed from the seller and locked in the AH until the auction failed or someone bought the item.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

quatra
Premium
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC
reply to shinjuru

I think it's a good idea - I think it will help the economy. We could use more gold sinks there are too many people at gold cap. Every piece of gold taken out of the economy makes every other piece of gold more valuable.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to shinjuru

Some mount you didnt earn

QFFT

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

Not sure what mounts outside of the vendor/Blizz store mounts aren't earned. Are you refering to the drops in older content since 3 or 4 lvl 85's can down lvl 70 raid bosses? Still have to battle that RNG boss.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium

the caption for ashes of alar, implying then when you 'buy' this mount from the auction house.

it's true.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

CpnObvious

join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA

What's the criteria for "earn" in the case of a rare drop mount? Like let's say a guy has downed KT a bajillion times back at level 70, but never seen the phoenix drop. Has he "earned" the right to buy it? Has he earned it more (or less) than the guy who got it on his only kill, which he did at 85?

Not trying to be difficult, just thinking rare-drop mounts can be a thorny philosophical issue when addressing when they're earned.
--
"This whole thread needs more nut-punching." -Drew

JB
Stay Gold
Premium

If that's the case then to 'earn' a random % mount you only need to have done the appropriate encounter once.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by JB:

If that's the case then to 'earn' a random % mount you only need to have done the appropriate encounter once.

I'll buy that

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to JB

said by JB:

Some mount you didnt earn

QQ

If I loot it and right click, it's as "earned" as any other digital item I've come across in WoW.

Kerriganzero

join:2012-05-12
Federal Way, WA
reply to shinjuru

Ran Tempest Keep on Thursday and the guy who formed the group paid 30k gold for the mount. He was dead the whole boss encounter and sure enough the mount drops, he was only lvl 80. Everyone ended with 6k gold after fight.

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

said by JB:

I'll buy that

I second that.

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

said by JB:

I'll buy that

If you have sank enough time in game to farm gold and you have a stock pile, IMO you have earned to buy it as much as you sat in front of a computer.