kudos:1
reply to shinjuru

Re: Black Market Auction House Items

Some mount you didnt earn

QFFT

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

Not sure what mounts outside of the vendor/Blizz store mounts aren't earned. Are you refering to the drops in older content since 3 or 4 lvl 85's can down lvl 70 raid bosses? Still have to battle that RNG boss.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14

the caption for ashes of alar, implying then when you 'buy' this mount from the auction house.

it's true.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

CpnObvious

join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA
kudos:3

What's the criteria for "earn" in the case of a rare drop mount? Like let's say a guy has downed KT a bajillion times back at level 70, but never seen the phoenix drop. Has he "earned" the right to buy it? Has he earned it more (or less) than the guy who got it on his only kill, which he did at 85?

Not trying to be difficult, just thinking rare-drop mounts can be a thorny philosophical issue when addressing when they're earned.
--
"This whole thread needs more nut-punching." -Drew

JB
Stay Gold
Premium

If that's the case then to 'earn' a random % mount you only need to have done the appropriate encounter once.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by JB:

If that's the case then to 'earn' a random % mount you only need to have done the appropriate encounter once.

I'll buy that

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
reply to JB

said by JB:

QQ

If I loot it and right click, it's as "earned" as any other digital item I've come across in WoW.

Kerriganzero

join:2012-05-12
Federal Way, WA
reply to shinjuru

Ran Tempest Keep on Thursday and the guy who formed the group paid 30k gold for the mount. He was dead the whole boss encounter and sure enough the mount drops, he was only lvl 80. Everyone ended with 6k gold after fight.

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

said by JB:

I'll buy that

I second that.

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

said by JB:

I'll buy that

If you have sank enough time in game to farm gold and you have a stock pile, IMO you have earned to buy it as much as you sat in front of a computer.

Summerginger

@199.255.29.x

Buying a really rare mount will be really expensive. anyone who has the gold to fork up is a veteran wow player. The only loophole i see is the gold sellers/buyers who pay cash to get gold. they do not deserve it. but that is a whole other story.

... wonder if we will ever see a legendary weapon for sale?

Ramikor

@ultzindustries.com

Really, what does "deserve" have to do with anything. The point of the black market is to reduce the amount of gold out there and put a curb on inflation. If someone uses 200k gold to get a mount he didn't "earn", then doesn't have the resources to manipulate the market for [insert whatever you happen to need to buy or sell here], I'm all for it.

quatra
Premium
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC
reply to JB

said by JB:

QFFT

So the other day I bought a lottery ticket but some other guy earned the super lotto jackpot! Some day I'm going to earn it too.

Skittles_t

join:2012-05-03
reply to shinjuru

funny:
»www.thedailyblink.com/2012/05/th···-to-see/

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
reply to quatra

Don't troll me.

Thanks dawg.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to quatra

said by quatra:

said by JB:

QFFT

So the other day I bought a lottery ticket but some other guy earned the super lotto jackpot! Some day I'm going to earn it too.

if you took the time to buy a ticket, too... you earned it already. the Lotto system be hatin' on ya.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

than/then | to/two/too | A lot (notice the space in there) | you/your/you're

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
reply to shinjuru

So how does one access this said BMAH?

Skittles_t

you cant get there from here

navymaverick_t

join:2012-05-04

what do you mean? Is it like in game or on the WoW website? I MUST HAVE THE DISGUSTING OOZELING!

Skittles_t

old southern saying....

anyhow, it has not implemented yet. they are testing it out in Beta and they have stated they are not sure how Blizzard will populate the BMAH or how often or with which items...just one of those things that may happen...or it may go the way of "Path of the Titans"..

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
reply to Skittles_t

Also commonly heard up in New England - Maine

caint get thar from heah
so how do you get there?
Was born theah

--
“I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul"

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

With an accent like that no wonder my vent sounds jacked up.

Skittles_t

reply to Rhenai

Went Kayaking in Bar Harbor few years back out to Porcupine Island....beatiful state you have there (I mean thar)

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

accents are like that in Maine? wierd.