Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to VCain

Premium Member

to VCain

Re: [AL] Outage in Huntsville, AL?

I am not showing any outages at the moment. We may want to get a technician out to get this checked. Can I set up a time?
VCain
join:2010-08-25
Huntsville, AL

VCain

FYI - We have unburied cable on this street. About a month ago one of your competitors trenched in new cable, cutting Mediacom's cable in three places. Temporary above ground cables were connected and these have not yet been replaced and buried. So, automobiles etc, have been running over them for about a month now. It just occurred to me that the problems that I have been having cropped up just about the time it started raining, and we have had continuous and substantial rain all weekend, really for the first time in many weeks. It may be that the insulation on the temporary cables has been broken down and water has entered the cables. It does seem that the issues are slowly getting better now that the rain has stopped.

I'd be available for a technician to drop by any time outside of lunch, but I really suspect that he may want to check on the cables laying in the street first.

Thanks for checking on this.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I will IM you with what we have available.