spc
Search similar:

uniqs

BiGdUsTy
join:2005-10-20
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy

WOW Buys Knology for $1.5B

What know cap's, overage fee's and higher bills? Guess will find out soon enough.

"With the addition of Knology, WOW will become the nation's thirteenth-largest pay-TV operator, with about 800,000 customers and 2.8 million homes passed in 13 states combined."

»www.lightreading.com/doc ··· lr_cable

Lark3po
Premium Member
join:2003-08-05
Madison, AL

Lark3po

Premium Member

said by BiGdUsTy:

What know cap's, overage fee's and higher bills? Guess will find out soon enough.

"With the addition of Knology, WOW will become the nation's thirteenth-largest pay-TV operator, with about 800,000 customers and 2.8 million homes passed in 13 states combined."

»www.lightreading.com/doc ··· lr_cable

Yeah...

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22 to BiGdUsTy

to BiGdUsTy
WOW always seems to score high with Consumer Reports routinely. Here's a more recent story (05/08/2012)...

»stopthecap.com/2012/05/0 ··· the-cap/

-snip-
Top-rated WOW! (formerly WideOpenWest), is the 15th largest cable provider in the United States, but regularly wins top scores from Consumer Reports readers for the quality of its services. WOW! currently serves mostly suburban subscribers in a handful of cities in Illinois, Ohio, Michigan and Indiana. But the provider will soon be coming to several new locations thanks to its April purchase of cable overbuilder Knology, which provides service in multi-dwelling units and administers some community-owned broadband networks around the country. This could provide relief for customers dealing with onerous usage caps in cities like Lawrence, Kan., where Knology’s buyout of Sunflower Broadband kept that company’s Internet Overcharging scheme in place. WOW! has no usage limits on their broadband service...
...Still awful after all these years: Mediacom, Charter, and FairPoint Communications...
...Comcast managed only 24th place, dragged down by terrible customer service and worse value...
...In fact, Consumer Reports says no other industry alienates consumers more than America’s telephone and cable companies...

DJ
Premium Member
join:2001-06-13
Opelika, AL

DJ to BiGdUsTy

Premium Member

to BiGdUsTy
My only concern is their upload on the middle package, the most comparable to what we have now, our 12/2 to their 15/1. I wouldn't be happy losing half my upstream bandwidth.

That, and what their plans are for pho ne service. Keeping the outdoor terminals or migrating to indoor phone modems like most other cable companies. Knology's current system is extremely reliable, I would hate to see that reliability disappear with a VOIP modem.
sgc7
join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL

sgc7

said by DJ:

My only concern is their upload on the middle package, the most comparable to what we have now, our 12/2 to their 15/1. I wouldn't be happy losing half my upstream bandwidth.

That, and what their plans are for pho ne service. Keeping the outdoor terminals or migrating to indoor phone modems like most other cable companies. Knology's current system is extremely reliable, I would hate to see that reliability disappear with a VOIP modem.

As a very long-time WOW! customer, I will say that you are in good hands. They are a great company and you will enjoy being their customer.

Also, WOW! in the midwest provides VOIP service exclusively. They do not operate a traditional network. However, the phone is very reliable and has a good audio quality.

Also, be sure to check into their new Ultra TV product. It's the way of the future, and is the most advanced DVR platform in existence.

Jon Doe0
join:2009-07-11

3 edits

Jon Doe0 to BiGdUsTy

to BiGdUsTy
Just a little info for you.....

»www.thewowbuzz.com/
»www.fiercecable.com/stor ··· 12-05-08
»www.wowway.com/2012-WOW- ··· Work-IN/
»www.wowway.com/internet- ··· eleases/

Dusty Glad to see you're keeping up with Knology. I feel this will be a good thing for knology.

I have heard they (WOW) believe in taking care of their employees in turn award winning customer service.

These people are use to dealing with big cities and lots of customers. WOW had about 1 mil RGU's (REVENUE GENERATING UNITS) in 5 markets and Knology had 800K with 13 markets.

They have a MoCA product called Ultra TV »www.wowway.com/ultratv/. They use a Moxi/Arris STB Whole Home Solution for their Ultra TV product. »www.arrisi.com/solutions ··· ndex.asp
Jon Doe0

Jon Doe0 to BiGdUsTy

to BiGdUsTy
Dusty, Check out this article I found....

WOW! named top company
May 18, 2012 8:06 am

WOW!, a national provider of high-speed Internet, cable TV and phone, has been named Reader’s Choice as the top cable Internet service provider by PC Magazine. WOW! provides Internet services with speeds up to 50M bps in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.

The top companies are chosen based on respondents answers to a PC Magazine survey, which asked questions surrounding Internet service providers and their connection speeds, customer satisfaction and reliability.

“Our team is dedicated to providing the best possible experience to our customers,” said Colleen Abdoulah, WOW!’s Chief Executive Officer. “We are grateful that our customers have voted and voiced their support for us with this honor.”

WOW! has been previously recognized by J.D. Power and Associates for highest customer satisfaction a total of 14 times. WOW! has also received honors from Better Business Bureau and others for their services, customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction.