share rss forum feed

daeron

join:2012-05-11
Ottawa
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

1 edit

Still awaiting provisioning :(

Seems like Rogers wants to make this as painful as possible. I was slated to be hooked up on Friday and for whatever reason Rogers still has not provisioned my modem (although they had no problem taking it off their own network on the 11th)
Hopefully Start can give them a kick in the ass to get things moving. Sucked having no internet all weekend.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
That sucks.

I assume you've power cycled your modem (leaving it unplugged for a good minute to be safe), and done a release/renew on IP address with your router (assuming it's not built in)?

daeron

Ottawa
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
Yuppers.

I called in yesterday to get an update, they hadn't heard back from Rogers at all. Before I went to bed last night I tried power cycling my modem to no avail.

Once it's setup I have confidence it will be solid, just a pain in the ass to get there.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
Sorry to hear it didn't go smoothly - most transfers do go without a hitch. If you email me at rocca@start.ca I can take a look at where things are at. Thanks.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to daeron
I was hoping my transfer was a sign that things would go more smoothly with Rogers through the aggregate POIs, but I guess not. At least not across the board.

Hopefully it gets sorted out nice and quick for you, and hopefully it's an isolated case.

daeron

Ottawa
reply to rocca
Just sent you a quick email.
Just to let everyone know, the support staff from Start have been straightforward and knowledgeable. I have no complaints about that, just frustrated it's taken Rogers this long to get things setup on their end.

daeron

Ottawa
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to daeron
And I'm connected!
Rocca personally took the time to give me updates on what was happening. I'm a very happy customer. Rogers took their time to push my modem over but it eventually happened.
I'll write up a review in a couple weeks after some use, but so far it's blazing fast

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
Welcome aboard, and thanks again for your patience.