spc
Search similar:

uniqs
batsona
Maryland
join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD

batsona

Static IP on Android 2.3.6: DROID RAZR...

I've looked around the Internet, and see explinations on how to do this, but they all make mention of an 'advanced settings' button that I don't seem to have (either that, or I'm just not following...)

Can someone who has a DROID RAZR with v2.3.6 of the OS show me where to go, to set up a static IP on this thing? I don't use DHCP at home; I'm all statically addressed. -- I don't want to soak up all my data because I can't get on wifi...
batsona

batsona

Oops.. in case there's confusion - I want a static IP from my home 802.11g setup -- I'm not trying to get a static IP for the 4G. I know thats not possible...

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

beck to batsona

MVM

to batsona
Don't have a RAZR, but for me the advanced is after you open the wifi settings item, then I press the "hard" settings button when in there and get an advanced button. In there I can set a static IP. If the RAZR doesn't have a "hard" settings button, then maybe you can't get to it?

martsoul
@btcentralplus.com

martsoul to batsona

Anon

to batsona
on wireless & network settings settings, select wifi settings then manage networks then press ur menu key(bottom left 'hard' button) & scan/advanced will appear, select advanced, use static ip is on there, sorry cant help any further. im having probs too getting on my parents wifi, thing is it initially worked but every time ive been since it just wont connect, tried allsorts - it has me baffled!
batsona
Maryland
join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD

batsona to beck

to beck
This Android OS will take some getting used to. --I found that option as well, and I was able to set my IP finally.

rblenkhorn
Premium Member
join:2003-07-15
Bangor, ME

rblenkhorn to batsona

Premium Member

to batsona
Why not add MAC ID of your handset into your router to automagically assign an ip to it?