share rss forum feed

Phorkster
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON
kudos:1
reply to robman50

Re: [Niagara] Cogeco 'Contract'

Just becareful when dealing with Cogeco. I called up to get my "free" adapter for the digital transistion. They offered instead to give me a basic SD receiver for $2/month instead of the $4/month.

When I eventually cancelled my account I was told I had to pay a $70 early cancellation fee. To which I expressed dismay as I had not signed up for a contract for anything. They proceeded to tell me that the receiver I took instead of the adapter was under a 1 year contract. That sealed the deal for me and I will never go back to Cogeco again.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
said by Phorkster:

Just becareful when dealing with Cogeco. I called up to get my "free" adapter for the digital transistion. They offered instead to give me a basic SD receiver for $2/month instead of the $4/month.

When I eventually cancelled my account I was told I had to pay a $70 early cancellation fee. To which I expressed dismay as I had not signed up for a contract for anything. They proceeded to tell me that the receiver I took instead of the adapter was under a 1 year contract. That sealed the deal for me and I will never go back to Cogeco again.

I'd bitch that right to the CCTS and not budge on it. After a certain amount of time I'd swap it over to small claims. I'd be demanding proof I agreed to any of that in any way shape or form, or my $70 back. One or the other. If I lost in small claims I'd likely appeal it.

That's just bloody obscene that a) they do this, and b) the government lets them.

Fsckers.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Make The Switch - »openmedia.ca/switch

Phorkster
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON
kudos:1
said by dillyhammer:

I'd bitch that right to the CCTS and not budge on it. After a certain amount of time I'd swap it over to small claims. I'd be demanding proof I agreed to any of that in any way shape or form, or my $70 back. One or the other. If I lost in small claims I'd likely appeal it.

That's just bloody obscene that a) they do this, and b) the government lets them.

Fsckers.

Mike

I got it all back. Including the overage of $80 that lead to the cancellation of all the services. My story is buried in one of these threads. CCTS was contacted with me sharing my screenshots of usage for the last few months and compared to Cogecos usage graphs. Mostly it was similar, except for one month. I called in (the first time in 15 years as a customer) and to my dismay the Rep accused me of everything from piracy having my network compromised.
As I proceeded to tell him that I recently switched offsite backup services to explain why I uploaded 30GB+ in January, his reply was "pictures aren't that big".

Long story short, more than happy with Start Communications and Shaw Satellite. I already switch to voip.ms awhile back.