Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to darcilicious

Re: True Blood: Season 5

said by darcilicious:

I thought that Tara and Pam going at it was a little weird, only because in vampire genealogy Pam is Tara's "mother."

(spoiler)

Exactly why I put "mother" in quotation marks, which I would not have done if I had used "maker."

The brother/sister thing feels different, more like kissing cousins, but your point is well taken.

--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
The idea that Sookie’s magic can run out seemed a little ridiculous IMO. In the early seasons running up to the revelation that she was a fairy (or part fairy) they made such a big deal about questioning what she was and now they want to reset just to make her what amounts to a normal human,…..? Why then should she still be afflicted with being especially desirable to Vampires if she is no longer Fay or less Fay then before?

Smells like shark jumping to me.

BTW, did anyone notice that Anna Paquin’s wardrobe has gotten somewhat large and frumpy these last few episodes. I’ve really enjoyed seeing her show off quite a bit of skin in this series so its conspicuous to me when she doesn’t and rather goes in the reverse direction. Me thinks there be something up with that!

As for Tara and Pam not a big deal IMO but why then not Bill and Jessica as well. In both cases Bill and Pam had to be persuaded to “make” their respective progeny so there was no precedence,…and in this case no consistency in terms of the intimacy of their relationships. Bill clearly want himself this season so again why not have such a relationship with Jessica too,….?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

1 edit
said by Octavean:

As for Tara and Pam not a big deal IMO but why then not Bill and Jessica as well.

I don't see why it has to be all makers always have a sexual relationship with all their progeny. It should not have to be a requirement.

Bill didn't have sex with Jessica because... he wasn't interested in having sex with Jessica. No need to over think it
--
♬ Music is life ♬

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to Octavean
said by Octavean:

BTW, did anyone notice that Anna Paquin’s wardrobe has gotten somewhat large and frumpy these last few episodes. I’ve really enjoyed seeing her show off quite a bit of skin in this series so its conspicuous to me when she doesn’t and rather goes in the reverse direction. Me thinks there be something up with that!

Anna Paquin is pregnant. With twins
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
said by darcilicious:

said by Octavean:

As for Tara and Pam not a big deal IMO but why then not Bill and Jessica as well.

I don't see why it has to be all makers always have a sexual relationship with all their progeny. It should not have to be a requirement.

Bill didn't have sex with Jessica because... he wasn't interested in having sex with Jessica. No need to over think it

All I am saying is it all seems rather arbitrary and gratuitous. I don’t have a problem with it, as its kind of fun since sex sells. It just seems a little odd that they wouldn’t toss in a little Bill and Jessica action too. Especially since Bill was on some odd trip this season which is the perfect excuse. But no, they went the other way with it and he backslaps her across the room instead.

Make love not war I always say,…

said by darcilicious:

said by Octavean:

Anna Paquin is pregnant. With twins

I guess that was what I was trying to suggest but without the specificity of twins. Congratulation to her I guess but I reserve the right to complain about the lack of skin this season,…

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
reply to darcilicious
This show sure went downhill. I was hoping bringing Russell back would add some quality but the writing failed us.

So what the hell is Bill now and why can't Eric kill him?
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Alcohol:

With his rebirth (or whatever it was) Bill is probably a bit too powerful for Eric now. As I said earlier, I'll be very disappointed if we have to watch a naked Bill prancing around next season instead of Lilith.
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
He's changing his name to Billith

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

As I said earlier, I'll be very disappointed if we have to watch a naked Bill prancing around next season instead of Lilith.

That makes one of us
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious
Eric had more than enough time to take the vampire blood out of Bills hands in the final scene. But he just stood there and let Sookie try and talk to Bill.
--
What smells like blue?

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
reply to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

said by Alcohol:

With his rebirth (or whatever it was) Bill is probably a bit too powerful for Eric now. As I said earlier, I'll be very disappointed if we have to watch a naked Bill prancing around next season instead of Lilith.

Maybe they can use that wardrobe budget to finally get Sam some clothes. I don't remember seeing him with clothes on this season.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
said by Alcohol:

said by SixOfNine:

said by Alcohol:

Maybe they can use that wardrobe budget to finally get Sam some clothes. I don't remember seeing him with clothes on this season.

Haha. If they do, I'll make a point of stealing his wardrobe then!
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Omega
said by Omega:

Eric had more than enough time to take the vampire blood out of Bills hands in the final scene. But he just stood there and let Sookie try and talk to Bill.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing when watching the episode.

Anybody knows what happens to Bill in the books after drinking Lillith's blood?
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

valinrace

join:2012-10-04
reply to darcilicious
I hope I can watched this movie again, its now season 5, I had just watched this series until season 3.